Orange Ball !!!

It's clear that when it's snowy , games are being played with orange ball. However, in the stadiums that have under-soil heating system there is no snow on the ground. So, orange ball cannot be seen in the green grass.

If SI could arrange selection of the ball according to grass , not to weather in the next versions; I will be glad :)

???

How the hell can you not see the orange ball on the green grass?

If it was the white ball with the falling snow then you wouldnt ever see it.

Falling snow means nothing here, background color is important one and white ball clearly can be seen in green grass even its snowy.

Falling snow means nothing here, background color is important one and white ball clearly can be seen in green grass even its snowy.

How do you know? when its got falling snow it uses the orange ball.

Personally I would find it WAY harder to pick out a white ball among a screen of falling white blobs.

Orange on green is extremely clear.

im colour blind and i cant see the orange ball at all on the green grass. i have to rely on the shadow and the directions players run.

its not needed when its snowing on a green pitch. only when the pitch is completely white. sort it out si!

im colour blind and i cant see the orange ball at all on the green grass. i have to rely on the shadow and the directions players run.

its not needed when its snowing on a green pitch. only when the pitch is completely white. sort it out si!

wouldnt you still see the ball just not in orange? Only ask cause a friend of mine is as well and this is how he says it is

How do you know? when its got falling snow it uses the orange ball.

Personally I would find it WAY harder to pick out a white ball among a screen of falling white blobs.

Orange on green is extremely clear.

I don't know which camera you are using but my preference is 2D and I barely see the orange ball on green. There is no falling snow on 2D by the way.

wouldnt you still see the ball just not in orange? Only ask cause a friend of mine is as well and this is how he says it is

No. Orange is a difficult color for people with red-green color blindness (just about everyone who's color blind), and it basically blends in with green. There isn't an absence of color, it's just a different perception of it. I hate the orange ball, makes that match literally unplayable for me. I couldn't tell you what's going on at all.

I always use the 3D view and do find it more difficult to see the orange ball than the white. I have no colour vision issues either. maybe it doesn't stand out enough against the colours of the players? that means that i have no idea which player has the ball and therefore i can't track the ball with my eyes when its pinging across the pitch.

A fixed color won't solve the problem for everyone, SI should put an option to choose ball color.

The game is a real life simulator - in real life they use orange balls, hence the game uses orange balls.

I will agree, if you are stuck in the dark ages of technology and still on 2D match views (or one of these uber geeky people who feel it gives them a better 'overview') then the ball should not be orange because there is no snow to make it hard to see.

The game is a real life simulator - in real life they use orange balls, hence the game uses orange balls.

I will agree, if you are stuck in the dark ages of technology and still on 2D match views (or one of these uber geeky people who feel it gives them a better 'overview') then the ball should not be orange because there is no snow to make it hard to see.

totally agre mate. but, i can totally see an orange ball on a white pitch in real life. it seems the game chooses to use an orange ball on a green pitch when its heavily snowing. i cant see that. its really frustrating. i think that needs sorting. im slightly colour blind and its not good.

Having a 'minor' sight disability like colour-blindness shouldn't completely make one aspect of the game impossible, I think it's actually quite a shock considering how long SI have been in the games industry that they haven't already made a solution for those affected.

You are missing a point. In real life, they use orange balls in white grounds that have a fair amount of snow on pitch. No team use orange ball if they have a under-soil heating system no matter how much snow falls from sky. Balls are being selected with respect to ground color, not to air color. If you insist on orange ball when it is snowy on green pitch, then should we use orange also when it is cloudy ? I mean maybe some players are unable to see white ball coming from air in white clouds.

Secondly, I personally don't like the actions in 3D, it still needs to be developed. I will play in 3D when it becomes like those in famous football simulator games.

So, because it's a real time simulator, us colour blinds just have to live with only being able to see a shadow? I wonder how you'd like it if you weren't able to see the ball in a match, sure would be fun, eh?

I agree with what is posted by others in the same situation as me, being able to see the ball is a rather crucial thing for this game. I have no idea what is happening when I play on a green pitch, with an orange ball and heavy snowfall. Maybe allow a colour blind setting in 'Display & Sound' -> '3D Settings', which would make the ball another colour. Anything really, would make it better than it is now.

You are missing a point. In real life, they use orange balls in white grounds that have a fair amount of snow on pitch. No team use orange ball if they have a under-soil heating system no matter how much snow falls from sky. Balls are being selected with respect to ground color, not to air color. If you insist on orange ball when it is snowy on green pitch, then should we use orange also when it is cloudy ? I mean maybe some players are unable to see white ball coming from air in white clouds.

In the UK, leagues adopt the yellow or orange balls for a set period of time during the winter months. Look at the photographs from this weekend's Premiership matches, and tell me what colour the ball was. And then tell me how much snow was on the ground this weekend in England. The game is simulating the real world rules, and should be applauded for doing so.

Sorry but being this as a sim game does it really matter if the ball cannot be seen??? Does it affect the outcome of the matches.............No I don't think so........Does affect the transfer system......................No................Do you see where I'm going with this???

Sorry but being this as a sim game does it really matter if the ball cannot be seen??? Does it affect the outcome of the matches.............No I don't think so........Does affect the transfer system......................No................Do you see where I'm going with this???

Does it affect your ability to make accurate tactical assessments in a match? Pretty sure that one would be a yes.

an aknowledgement from SI would be nice about this...

red/green colour blindness is a big problem and i think this thread has highlighted this. the orange ball on a green background becomes invisible for a lot of us. why its needed on a green pitch is beyond me.

In the UK, leagues adopt the yellow or orange balls for a set period of time during the winter months. Look at the photographs from this weekend's Premiership matches, and tell me what colour the ball was. And then tell me how much snow was on the ground this weekend in England. The game is simulating the real world rules, and should be applauded for doing so.

Premier League uses the yellow ball all season now. Not just in winter.

It's a marketing thing.

Archived