It's April and the board are still upset about the Community Shield loss...

Seriously?

Last season I won the Premiership, Champions League, and FA cup.

This season I lost the Comm. Shield, won the league cup, am 9 points clear at the top of the Premiership on April 1st, still in the Champions League and FA Cup......

and the board are STILL whining about losing the community shield...

are

you

serious?

Are you using the 8.0.2 patch? Not sure if it fixes the issue, but I'd hope it would at least help.

The awful confidence ratings in the game is the main reason why I won't be buying FM09 until I hear on here that it has been sorted and greatly improved.

Originally posted by DietSpam:

Am i the only one who doesn't look at the confidence page at all?

make that two. i don't even pay attention to mothly summaries.

8.0.2 doesn't fix the issue, apparently the league and CL double pales into insignificance next to the league cup 1/4 final underachievement.

Originally posted by Kain:

Are you using the 8.0.2 patch? Not sure if it fixes the issue, but I'd hope it would at least help.

The awful confidence ratings in the game is the main reason why I won't be buying FM09 until I hear on here that it has been sorted and greatly improved.

Yes, I always get patches the day they are released

Originally posted by medo24:

I only check the first line on the monthly summaries that say whether the board are happy or not, i just ignore the rest of it.

That's when i check and it always says "but the board are disappointed with your performance in the community shield" where I feel to stick my foot up the boards rear-end.

yes the confidence is ridiculous i don't look at it anymore. There is no realism to it at all - so in a sense SI have failed because i get my monthly summary saying i should make sure my players know how dissapointed everyone is at them ( how do i tell them i disapointed with them anyway - other than the team talk ) for a game that i lost 4 months a go and havent lost since. It's a nice feature just very poorly implemented and when i see the confidence section im completley reminded of how unrealistic some aspects are.

Maybe losing the Community shield is the only thing you've done wrong so far. I'd say the board have to give a positive and a negative remark. and because you've been doing so well in the league and league cup, they have no negatives to remark on apart from the Community shield loss.

Originally posted by 03bault:

yes the confidence is ridiculous i don't look at it anymore. There is no realism to it at all - so in a sense SI have failed because i get my monthly summary saying i should make sure my players know how dissapointed everyone is at them ( how do i tell them i disapointed with them anyway - other than the team talk ) for a game that i lost 4 months a go and havent lost since. It's a nice feature just very poorly implemented and when i see the confidence section im completley reminded of how unrealistic some aspects are.

Well Said.

Originally posted by Colbarr:

Maybe losing the Community shield is the only thing you've done wrong so far. I'd say the board have to give a positive and a negative remark. and because you've been doing so well in the league and league cup, they have no negatives to remark on apart from the Community shield loss.

Would be a programming flaw then eh? I'm in May now, CL final, just won the FA cup, and they're still moaning about it. When the community shield? August? So they're crying about something that happened 9 months ago...

Originally posted by jase19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

It's purely cosmetic. Just ignore it.

If that's the case and gives you no feel for how secure your job is then SI have failed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not cosmetic at all, as attested by many players who have unfairly been sacked. It's bugged; hopefully it will be sorted for FM09.

8.0.2 doesn't help, I won the community shield, premiership and fa cup with Norwich, Norwich for christs sake, and in July the board are still upset at my league cup perfomance, which was still 1/4 sodding finals.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

It's not cosmetic at all, as attested by many players who have unfairly been sacked. It's bugged; hopefully it will be sorted for FM09.

It's cosmetic in the sense that winning other trophies will save your bacon, so it says they are disappointed but your other success will keep you in the job.

It does need fixed though. I took over VFB Stuttgart in December and they were 16th out of 18, IMO I did really well but the board were disappointed wityh my mid table position in March icon_confused.gif (they seemed to forget the relegation possibility), I finished 5th and they were pleased.

In another save I took over At. Madrid with 10 games to go 10 points off the pace in 19th. I finished 13th and won all but one of my remaining games. I was promptly sacked for my poor display in the Euro Cup, even though they had been elminiated before I took over icon_confused.gificon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

It's cosmetic in the sense that winning other trophies will save your bacon, so it says they are disappointed but your other success will keep you in the job.

It does need fixed though. I took over VFB Stuttgart in December and they were 16th out of 18, IMO I did really well but the board were disappointed wityh my mid table position in March icon_confused.gif (they seemed to forget the relegation possibility), I finished 5th and they were pleased.

In another save I took over At. Madrid with 10 games to go 10 points off the pace in 19th. I finished 13th and won all but one of my remaining games. I was promptly sacked for my poor display in the Euro Cup, even though they had been elminiated before I took over icon_confused.gificon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL wow that is way worse than mine. I've yet to be sacked for something I haven't done.

There are a number of previously well documented and discussed issues with confidence - it is a new addition and clearly needs a number of evolutions before it becomes acceptable.

I've never counted how many matches appear in your matches confidence thing, but obviously the latest knocks the oldest off the list. Still, the board may still complain about the match right at the bottom of the list that may have been 2 months ago if they can't find anything else to complain about.

The problem with the Community Shield is that that one game represents an entire competition so the board's competition happiness stays with you the whole season.

Similarly the board's interpretation of your league performance is iffy too. My board were very unhappy when I dropped to 7th one week with Werder Bremen. I was too, but one win later we were back in 3rd and suddenly the board were satisfied - they take no notice of games in hand or points, only position. Hence why my Bremen board were also satisfied that I had mounted a title challenge (we finished 2nd) despite the fact that we were 20 points behind Bayern Munich half way through the season and were never in any way shape or form in contention for the title!

It isn't entirely cosmetic as one person said, but the board being unhappy with one competition won't make or break you - there is a cumulative effect of all the issues mentioned in confidence and if you are doing well elsewhere then just ignore the board moaning about one competition, one match or one new signing.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

In another save I took over At. Madrid with 10 games to go 10 points off the pace in 19th. I finished 13th and won all but one of my remaining games. I was promptly sacked for my poor display in the Euro Cup, even though they had been elminiated before I took over icon_confused.gificon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gutted lol! how can they expect you to control stuff before you took over. icon_confused.gif

I'm yet to have any of these problems as I am only in my third season. But soon see!

icon_wink.gif

That's just a standard bug of board confidence not fully taking into account when you actually arrived at the club. I noticed when I got sacked from Sampdoria that my replacement was on the list of insecure managers just a few weeks later. Then when he eventually got sacked a year after me his replacement almost immediately became insecure too. The moral of the story is never to go the the black hole that is the Sampdoria manager's hotseat!

Archived