League appearances for winners medals.

How many Appearances does a player need in FM to get a winners medal in the English Prem?

In RL I believe it's 10 but the Prem league only issue 21 medals max.

The club will then distribute the medals as they see fit if 21 players do not have 10 apps.

Is that right and does that apply to FM?

Its silly I know but it's nice to see a player in FM with league winner in his profile.

I think if any player has the requisite number of apps for a winners medal it will show on their profile, as far as I know it doesn't impose a 21 medal limit. Any road, only issuing 21 medals seems really daft, particularly now clubs have to name a squad of 25 (excluding U21s).

EDIT: Just checked, it is 10 appearances. Apparently Utd were concerned a season or two ago that Macheda wouldn't get a medal for 9 apps.

I'm sure though that Utd would have used more than 21 players in the league before Macheda so not sure about the 21 medal things.

Well I just finished the season and won the Prem.

I have a squad of 25.

11 players do not have "Prem Winners Medals" in their profiles.

Of those 11, only Belhanda has more than 10 apps....... He has 2 (9) league apps ...... So it seems sub apps dont count?

I always thought it was at least 1/3 of the total season league fixtures on previous FMs...i.e. 38 game season; player needed to have played in 13 League games for it to show up in his acheivements history, but I might be wrong.

But I've not won a League on FM11 yet, so not sure on the latest version!! :D

I think if any player has the requisite number of apps for a winners medal it will show on their profile, as far as I know it doesn't impose a 21 medal limit. Any road, only issuing 21 medals seems really daft, particularly now clubs have to name a squad of 25 (excluding U21s).

EDIT: Just checked, it is 10 appearances. Apparently Utd were concerned a season or two ago that Macheda wouldn't get a medal for 9 apps.

I'm sure though that Utd would have used more than 21 players in the league before Macheda so not sure about the 21 medal things.

I think you right that it's 10 apps to get a medal and has been for a long time now.

I think you right that it's 10 apps to get a medal and has been for a long time now.

But in my game, Belhanda had 2 (9) league appearances and didnt get a medal.

Also, if the prem give a max of 21 medals each season, I should have been given the same in FM.

As I had 14 players that qualified for a medal, that would have left me 11 to distribute as I see fair.

Might be an intersting addition to the game.

Ive also just thought, you dont actually need to play in a final of a comp to gt a medal, you just need to make the required appearances in the rounds, or so I am led to believe. That should be in FM too.

Another thought.

When you make a sub with 2 mins left on the clock, the player wont have time to amass a match rating.

If he don't get a match rating, he don't get acredited a subs appearance or so Im led to believe,,,,

This could cost him a medal.

I remeber Martin Keown coming on with 30 secs left a few years back to qualify for his league winners medal in the last game ;)

Another thought.

When you make a sub with 2 mins left on the clock, the player wont have time to amass a match rating.

If he don't get a match rating, he don't get acredited a subs appearance or so Im led to believe,,,,

This could cost him a medal.

I remeber Martin Keown coming on with 30 secs left a few years back to qualify for his league winners medal in the last game ;)

They do get credited with a sub appearence even if they don't get a rating.

But... one flaw in all this I've spotted, that's been the same on every release of FM I can think of, which I've no idea if would happen IRL, but still...

Let's say I've won the league with ten games to spare, which I have on occasion done in some of the leagues with 20 or more teams. I use a player for those last ten games who has played less than ten games, thus qualifying for a medal, but he doesn't receive one. It seems that the point up to which the title is clinched, dictates the distribution of medals.

There's one to think about ;)

How many Appearances does a player need in FM to get a winners medal in the English Prem?

In RL I believe it's 10 but the Prem league only issue 21 medals max.

The club will then distribute the medals as they see fit if 21 players do not have 10 apps.

The club who wins the league can also have additional medals struck (at their own expense and only with the permission of the Premier League). So if the club decided that everyone from Chairman down to a part-time club shop assistant deserved a medal, and the League agreed to it, then medals would be had by all. In older versions of the game a player who had a couple of appearances would get a title win in their achievements (and even some who did not feature at all). In FM11, I don't know as I've not won anything to check.

But... one flaw in all this I've spotted, that's been the same on every release of FM I can think of, which I've no idea if would happen IRL, but still...

Let's say I've won the league with ten games to spare, which I have on occasion done in some of the leagues with 20 or more teams. I use a player for those last ten games who has played less than ten games, thus qualifying for a medal, but he doesn't receive one. It seems that the point up to which the title is clinched, dictates the distribution of medals.

That is interesting. I always just assumed it would be over the entire season rather than just the number of games it took to win the league. Is this verifiable?

That always been the case on FM, and annoying too. I like to build up as many player histories as possible and always came unstuck with this.

According to Wiki (always reliable), players with at least 10 appearances, subs included, automatically get a medal.

The club gets an additional 21 medals to give out on its own, to staff and etc. Those that didn't meet the minimum ten games require special dispensation from the league.

The League Champions shall further receive 21 commemorative medals to be presented by the Club to its Manager and to such of its Players and Officials as it thinks fit provided, in the case of a Player, that he has that Season played in a minimum of 10 of its League Matches. Additional medals may be presented with the consent of the Board.

2009–10 FA Premier League Handbook, Section B, paragraph 27. p.82

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_players_with_a_Premier_League_winner%27s_medal

Is it me, or in FM players who have enough caps to get the medal but left the club in the winter transfer window [or in summer for sprimg-autumn leagues] don't get credited the title in their bio?

Also... EPL's 10 caps rule has been translated to other leagues too, despite some leagues having different rules... That's not right...

According to Wiki (always reliable), players with at least 10 appearances, subs included, automatically get a medal.

The club gets an additional 21 medals to give out on its own, to staff and etc. Those that didn't meet the minimum ten games require special dispensation from the league.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_players_with_a_Premier_League_winner%27s_medal

Well there ya go, the game is flawed -)

It may only be a small issue but the game should be as realistic as poss.

My player Belhanda should have got a medal and will be taken legal advice with a mind to sue SI and the FA -)

Archived