How do I act like mourinho without destroying my squad's morale?

It's impossible, since most replies you give to the media are interpreted in a wildly different way by the media themselves and also players. for example

'I think Celtic have to be respected'

Media,' Chevalier fears losing'.

It really is a lottery. The best you can do is make sure your players have strong personalities and mental stats, and big them up 90% of the time. When they play badly, tell them to sort it out, but don't alienate them. Also, use team blend on match prep screen, it will increase the squad bond and morale.

Impossible to do.

You have to walk on egg shells in press confrences in this game just to keep yours players in a good morale.

The slightest mistake and bang you looses 10 on the bounce.

Needs to be sorted out because i too would like to rollick my players from time to time when under performed but nooo you have to back down and pretend to be supportive when your really burning inside.

Loosing 5-0 probably ain't what you are looking for? :p

lol I guess bad timing on my part when I made this thread...

Buy a ridiculously oversized scarf and put on the stern face.

Will do :p

insulting remarks to the great arsene wenger

leave your job at chelsea in a huff over some nonsensical disagreement

losing 5-0 in el clasico

that should get you started...

not really as funny as the other two...

Impossible to do.

You have to walk on egg shells in press confrences in this game just to keep yours players in a good morale.

Needs to be sorted out because i too would like to rollick my players from time to time when under performed but nooo you have to back down and pretend to be supportive when your really burning inside.

Its unfortunate because I've always wanted to be something of a mind games expert. In my last few games, I have a been talking more, getting in more confrontations with other managers.....you know trying to move attention away from my players and placing it more on myself and other teams.......but that has messed up my squad's flow so I may have to stop.

Impossible to do.

This is nonsense. It's perfectly possible to have a go at your players without destroying morale. You just have to pick your moments, just like in real life.

The press conferences are actually pretty forgiving as long as you recognise where you've gone wrong quickly. If you stumble on through saying the same thing each time when it's not worked before then it can rapidly mount up and lead to bad performances.

I've found the most important press conferences are those just after a defeat. You have to work again at building up their confidence starting by saying you're probably not going to win the next game and gradually move towards saying you're an all conquering footballing powerhouse after you've strung the wins together again.

As for mind games I've found that telling Ancellotti he's useless before every other Chelsea game seems to make the Chelsea squad doubt him :)

In my first save, nearly half of the real madrid starting 11 (ronaldo, higuain, albiol, ramos, di maria) had been transfer listed by request by the end of the first season...so maybe mourinho can't do it successfully either with the current bugged player interaction ai? :)

Disagree but that yours opinion tbf

Yes, fair enough. It definitely is possible, because I've done it, but it is often counter-intuitive and it's very easy to get it wrong.

Sorry if I was a little aggressive in my earlier post... I'd just been thumped 5-0 by Barcelona in my last game and was feeling rather angry.

...no, my name isn't Jose Mourinho!

Impossible to do.

This is nonsense. It's perfectly possible to have a go at your players without destroying morale. You just have to pick your moments, just like in real life.

As long as none of the egg shells end up in my omelette...

""It's all about omelettes and eggs. No eggs, no omelette. And it depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket, you have eggs class one, class two, class three. Some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there you have a problem."

It doesnt work, IRL the hairdryer treatment works if used sparingly, in FM all the players are like 14yo emo kids who are 1 step away from self harm if you dont say everything they did was brilliant.

Criticising a player with a 6.0 rating will lead to him saying he played well and wants to leave.

It doesnt work, IRL the hairdryer treatment works if used sparingly, in FM all the players are like 14yo emo kids who are 1 step away from self harm if you dont say everything they did was brilliant.

Criticising a player with a 6.0 rating will lead to him saying he played well and wants to leave.

Nonsense.

I criticise any player who gets less then 6.7 in the post match team talk, and often slag him off in the post-match press conference and fine him for poor performance as well. I have never had any problems.

Archived