13.Motherwell

14.Bangor City

15.Llanelli AFC

16.Burnley

17.Charlton

18.Huddersfield

19.Millwall

20.Bradford City

For those of you who are wondering why Chelsea is in the Second Division, the answer is this:

Before the Roman Abramovich era Chelsea won one Premiership title and that was back in 1955. There are also 2 FA cups, 2 League Cups and 2 Cup Winners Cup. The second division teams have similar winnings. I wanted to make the UK League open for every nation so that is why there are several Welsh, Irish and Northern Irish teams here as well. Now, i know that Northern Ireland is not part of the UK.

Since there will be swapings with the Brazilian leagues the other, much harder task, is this. Like Brazilian State Championships you have to make exact UK State Championships. For example: Northern Irish State Championship, Welsh State Championship, Scottish State Championship, Irish State Championships and some not so likely like London State Championship. If you see where i am getting at you would make the rest of the State Championships. Use regional or town names and you are set. The London State Championship would be the strongest.

Ok. That is it. If someone wishes to play in the editor and make all this possible, let me know. I gave you guys an idea.

Guest roberto922

goddamnit that brings back bad memories, I did exactly the same as you just it was slightly different teams although the top league was identical, anyway I spent 1-2 hours setting it up in the Scottish set up and just as I was getting on to the last couple of teams MY LAPTOP FROZE! Anyway I did it again and it was really good fun and I managed to win the league a couple of times with Everton and then got up to the UK Mega league DIvision One (my nephew chose the name before you start ripping me lol) Unfortunately I uninstalled FM 07 when I got FM 08 so I don't have it anymore so if you do it please send a link. Also I recommend the Busby Babes DB from www.cmfrenzy.com

Guest roberto922

Jesus I've just read the bit about the state champs changed my mind lol too much work sorry bout that lol

While I have no problem with Leeds United in top flight football, I find it hard to find that you would put them over Chelsea, Man City, Newcastle or Tottenham.

I tried to make a Super League using the Carnegie Irish League.... didnt work though, no relegation from the first division makes it easier to build a young squad.

I've been looking at this for a few days now. It is taking a while though as the locations of all the stadia need to be changed to make the regional champs. work!

State championships have been changed as follows:

Acre = Surrey & Hampshire (completed)

Alagos = Belfast (completed)

Amapa = East of Scotland (completed)

Amazonas = Thames Estuary*

Bahia = Greater Manchester

Ceara = South Coast

Brasiliense = South Wales

Espirito Santo = West Country

Gaucho = Scottish Highland

Goias = Yorkshire

Mato Grosso = East of England

Mato Grosso do Sul = Thames Valley & M4 (!!)

Minas Gerais = Lanarkshire/Greater Glasgow

Para = Forthbank** & Stirlingshire

Pariba = Cheshire & Merseyside

Parana = Ulster (North)

Maranhao = West Midlands (North)

Pernambuco = Northern Borders^

Piaui = Mid Wales

Potiguar = Ulster (South)

Rio de Janeiro = North Wales

Rondonia = Lancashire

Romira = North East England

Santa Catarina = West Midlands (South)

Sao Paulo = Greater London

Sergipo = Home Counties of England``

Tocantins = East Midlands

*Essex & Kent

**refers to area along scottish firth of forth

^cumbria, south scotland & berwick

``teams in English counties of Herts, Bucks, Beds, Northants (counties north of London I couldn't fit anywhere else!) - have named as Watford Gap (M1-A1) Championship!

I've fitted the championships based on the number of teams needed in each of the current Brazilian ones, and have changed the importance of each one based of the rep of the teams in it.

The database works so far for the three championships I have altered. I still have 24 to change though. I am not sure what to do with players nationalities yet, given that there are four nationalities going into one league. State Championships have a foreigner limit - this will mean changing nationalities of three countries players to make it work properly. This will mean a lot more work to be done!!!

It will probably take me at least the rest of this week (working evenings only) to change the teams over!!!!

I will try and upload once finished!

Just to add - national divisions I will be doing as slammerinhos post (sorry, haven't worked out how to quote!), but will be adding the remaining 108 teams needed for the third division by rep, as the third division has 128 teams in it (16 groups of 8 teams).

Acre = Surrey & Hampshire (completed)

Alagos = Belfast (completed)

Amapa = East of Scotland (completed)

Amazonas = Thames Estuary* (completed)

Bahia = Greater Manchester (completed)

Ceara = South Coast (completed)

Brasiliense = South Wales (completed)

Espirito Santo = West Country (completed)

Gaucho = Scottish Highland (completed)

Goias = Yorkshire (completed)

Mato Grosso = East of England (completed)

Mato Grosso do Sul = Thames Valley & M4 (!!)

Minas Gerais = Lanarkshire/Greater Glasgow

Para = Forthbank** & Stirlingshire

Pariba = Cheshire & Merseyside

Parana = Ulster (North)

Maranhao = West Midlands (North)

Pernambuco = Northern Borders^

Piaui = Mid Wales

Potiguar = Ulster (South)

Rio de Janeiro = North Wales

Rondonia = Lancashire

Romira = North East England

Santa Catarina = West Midlands (South)

Sao Paulo = Greater London

Sergipo = Home Counties of England``

Tocantins = East Midlands

*Essex & Kent

**refers to area along scottish firth of forth

^cumbria, south scotland & berwick

``teams in English counties of Herts, Bucks, Beds, Northants (counties north of London I couldn't fit anywhere else!) - have named as Watford Gap (M1-A1) Championship!

I have now swapped teams into the above championships. Only another 352 teams & cities to alter (176 pairs)! Unfortunatly I have not been able to work on this until today, and there are things I keep thinking to change, such as swapping the names of the cities back so they look as if they are English and Brazilian.

Also I intend to change the nationality if all GB players to GB, rather than English, Welsh etc. and reset all caps to zero to make records acurate.

I've am also not including Republic of Ireland teams, like slammerinho has done. I am intending on including 9 English, 5 Scottish, 3 NI and 3 Welsh teams in the top two divisions, with similar proportions in the third.

Let me know if you are interested in the make up of the above ch'ships!

• 2 weeks later...

The championships are completed and the db loads properly!

However I still need to edit the leagues, as at the moment because of the way I swapped the teams I have teams like Fisher Athletic in the first division, and Liverpool without a league. Once those have been changed then it will be the cosmetic changes, like renaming the Brazilian cities the British teams now play their home games in, to look like they still play in Britain!

All in all, I think this will take me at least another week, likely two. I'm glad to see someone is interested in this though!

Is it set so each team gets brittish regens, or are the cities just going to be renamed to British city names but still be in Brazil

At the moment the teams all get brazilian regens, but I am hoping with the rest of the editing I can make it so they are "British".

I would download it, but since i'm not part of the UK I wont!

That's a shame. Although the op called the thread a UK superleague, I'm updating this as this is where I got the idea from. I'm not including RoI teams, and have the db saved as a gb & ni one (am PaulHartman you are NI based on your location details).

Maybe a new thread is order - any mods out there got any suggestions?

Originally posted by dap1987:

you got to hope no1 from northern ireland reads this because i think you'll find that northern ireland IS part of the UK and its Rep of Ireland that isnt

It's actually 'United Kingdom and Northern Ireland'

N.I. is actually a colony - not part of the country

Wrong. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - that means that Great Britain and Northern Ireland are united as one kingdom.

This is taking longer than I thought it would!!!

It hasn't helped that I haven't been able to work on this for the last week.

I am at the point of backfilling the state championships with the rest of the GB/NI teams (note no use of UK there icon_smile.gif ). There is a lower division in the state championships, and when I ran a test, brazilian teams got promoted.

After finishing that I will have to rearrange the teams into more suitable national divisions. At the moment Fisher Athletic and Dumberton are in the top league, with Man Utd in the third and Liverpool wihtout a division at all!

I'm thinking i should have waited until it was finished to say I was doing this!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I am really really sorry to anyone who is waiting to see this, that it is taking so long fior me to finish.

Unfortunately circumstances has meant I have had no time to work on this for the last few weeks, which is why it is taking so ling to complete.

I am hoping to continue and will post an update at the weekend.

Again, sorry to anyone waiting to see the end result.

Thanks for the interest guys.

I know this is taking a long time to complete, so I am going to upload a taster version, a sort of beta test if you like, in the next day or two.

There will still be some major changes to make, but it will give you all an idea of how the finished version will look. Plus hopefully you can all give me some feedback on it!!!

Keep an eye out!

Originally posted by airdrie legend:

any updates on the progress and how much precentage have you completed?

and also do you have a list of clubs involved.

There are a total of 168 playable teams, and I've included all 42 teams from the scottish league setup in those numbers.

Hello,

I have been watching this thread as I have also been chaning the Brazilian League. Just a wee questions.

Have you changed all the Lower League teams in Brazil? f not, well the Uk & Ireland dont have enough teams to change all the Brazilian team (around 900+). This may cause a problem in later seasons.

If the creators of this league are in need of more teams, to fill up the Brazilian leagues, they do not have to "invent" them. Apart from England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland, they could use the teams that are from any of the other nations in the Commonwealth. For example Antigua, Canada, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, South Africa, etc. You could for example check wikipedia for more information about United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Commonwealth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived