Oddest managerial appointments?

Nine games left of the first season and Aston Villa are currently 18th in the league. Justifiably, Gerard Houllier was sacked a couple of games back - but just this second flashed up in my inbox that his replacement is David Moyes.

I'm at a complete loss to explain the move. Everton are currently 6th in the league, they're listed as one of his favourite teams and Villa won't have a much bigger reputation than Everton (quite possibly less).

Is this some sort of bug or what?

----

What's the oddest managerial appointments/switches/sackings (even) people have seen in their games then?

I remember IRL Moyes was bookies favourite at one stage to replace Martin O'Neill last summer.

If this happened IRL with the teams in 6th and 18th, I wouldn't be that surprised as Moyes has been there for 9 years and may fancy a new challenge. Villa also probably have a bigger spending power which is attractive to any manager.

It reminds me a little of Owen Coyles switch from Burnley to Bolton

ive noticed a few strange things happening on mine....moyes to villa, wenger to sevilla, mancini to liverpool, then to arsenal, ancelotti sacked and replaced by some random coach from stuttgart. redknapp at liverpool, hodgson at tottenham, toshack at blackburn....im only in my second season!

On mine, I was Liverpool boss, and Mancini was sacked from City. Redknapp then left Spurs, 2nd in the table to join Man City, who where about 15th. I then took the Spurs job, which was actually moving me up 3-4 places!

Mancini then went to Liverpool, Moyes had gone to Villa, Wenger went to Spain, and I can't remember quite who, but someone odd has replaced Benitez at Inter.

In my game Manchester City are just hiring and firing managers like crazy. Mancini has been the manager twice and been fired twice, Javier Aguirre has been the manager and been sacked and is now linked with the job again, Louis Van Gall, Guus Hiddink, Effrain Flores . . . its only 2014 . . . Of course, inbetween managing Man City these guys all hop around taking charge of Liverpool , Arsenal etc.

Peter Reid is on a one man mission to relegate as many teams as he can, get fired and waltz into a new job.

I am getting frustrated really at the moment , sure . . i am not exactly setting the world on fire as it took me 2 seasons to get Southampton to the Championship and i am now on my 3rd attempt to get them to the prem after finishing 4th for the last 2 years with no money to spend but i might as well forget about getting another job as any pro that retires will just walk into a new job. Ryan Giggs retires and straight in at Sheffield United , Michael Owen strolling into the Birmingham job . . maybe i have no right to expect to get a prem job just yet , but surely i have better credentials than a player that has just retired ?

In my game, Mancini gets sacked after the first season, day after he gets appointed Chelsea manager who also had a disapointing season. In desember Mancini gets sacked, same does David Moyes, and Moyes gets the Chelsea job despite doing a horrible job at Everton that season. I also need to check out Arsenal because Quique Flores Is now manager there, and I belive Wenger got sacked after winning the league with them in the first season.

Nine games left of the first season and Aston Villa are currently 18th in the league. Justifiably, Gerard Houllier was sacked a couple of games back - but just this second flashed up in my inbox that his replacement is David Moyes.

I'm at a complete loss to explain the move. Everton are currently 6th in the league, they're listed as one of his favourite teams and Villa won't have a much bigger reputation than Everton (quite possibly less).

Is this some sort of bug or what?

----

What's the oddest managerial appointments/switches/sackings (even) people have seen in their games then?

grow up why would it be a bug both good prem teams is it so weird to think he'd go there.

Just completed my first season and Wenger decides to leave Arsenal after winning the league by 10 points to go to Athletico Madrid who finished 4th in La Liga after Flores joins Man City once they finally sacked Mancini after he had a terrible season finishing 9th. However, it's not all doom and gloom for our boy Roberto as he is appointed at Arsenal the next day.

Archived