Anyone Else Lower Their Own Wages?

Got offered by Arsenal a new contract of £115,000 grand a week, and seeing as it ain't real money, gave myself £16750k instead to save on wages. Could of had only a pound lol. Thought that be a bit too unrealistic though.

ive done this before, i have lowered my own wages while i was Stafford boss in FM10 they offered me 250 more than my current contract so i just left it at the original i was already getting

I've not paid attention to my own wages, in my opinion having a high wage is good for job security as they'll be reluctant to sack you quickly because of the compensation involved.

i always up my wages and years on contract for this exact reason. just gives you a few more games to turn things round when things are going bad

I think it is unrealistic that you can do it so i always just try and get as much as i can. I know it means less for signing players etc, but as far as possible i like to try and pretend that i am actually a manager, and a manager's first concern will always be for themselves and their family, so i try and get what i can and work with whatever is left. I also think (but could be wrong) that it might slightly increase your reputation and so lead to you getting a better job quicker!

Archived