Great Management or Unrealism?! Everton win first 12

Just won my first 12 league games including away at chelsea and spurs, and home to united and liverpool

and my first 3 carling cup games

ive never done this well since my first CM 00/01 game

Unrealistic or just Luck?

ive kept the same 451 formation, no new signings, no staff signings, i dont even bother with training

dont get me wrong its great, but can't help but feel slight unrealism. i mean ive only conceded 4 goals all season in the league in 12 games?

I got the same feeling when I got Blackburn to 5th at Christmas. I just played 4-4-2 with no in-depth tactics set, and it turned out all I needed was the pace of Hoilett and Olsson on the wings to tear the league up.

And yet if it was too hard youd be complaining aswell most probably............ Try playing the rest of the demo or season if you have the game and see what happens

its now 14 premiership wins in a row.. unimaginable

im not complaining but in the back of my mind it feels unrealistic

Everton have a decent squad that if well managed could be top 4 first season. They have a very solid defence. Not unreasonable for them to be undefeated for that many games, unlikely but not unreasonable. Who have you played is probably the key question?

mainly

Howard

Neville Jags Distin Baines

Fellaini

Arteta Rodwell Cahill Pienaar

Saha

and Pienaar and Neville have been injured for 5 games a piece

WBA, Wigan, Wolves, Liverpool, Man U, Birmingham, Fulham, Villa - Home

Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle, Blackburn, Wolves, West Ham, Arsenal - Away

Huddersfield, Wigan, Wolves - Cup all at Home

Given that, it might be said that you've been a bit lucky with injuries.

I know 4-5-1 can be an awesome defensive formation but you'd expect some teams should be good enough to find a way through, maybe the AI needs to try more breakdown strategies if it's not doing as well as it should... or maybe it is trying and it's not working, heh :)

mainly

Howard

Fellaini

Saha

Other than the ones I've bolded the others are easily winnable. The bolded ones obviously tougher but I guess if you're winning and have morale up then its possible. If you take Everton undefeated for the whole year, then we need to ask questions.

Other than the ones I've bolded the others are easily winnable. The bolded ones obviously tougher but I guess if you're winning and have morale up then its possible. If you take Everton undefeated for the whole year, then we need to ask questions.

yeh but you would expect the odd draw or two..

drew the 15th game at Arsenal however

mainly

Howard

Fellaini

Saha

In all fairness that is a very good team that you have the defence is pacey and experienced, you midfield is the same and very good quality the only place you really need to improve is striker and maybe keeper? but that as a basis is a brilliant team.

What sort of results are you getting? are you hammering said teams 3/4-0? or just edging them 1-0 85 minute goal?

In all fairness that is a very good team that you have the defence is pacey and experienced, you midfield is the same and very good quality the only place you really need to improve is striker and maybe keeper? but that as a basis is a brilliant team.

What sort of results are you getting? are you hammering said teams 3/4-0? or just edging them 1-0 85 minute goal?

usually winning games by atleast a 2 goal margin, had two 1-0 wins

the away win at Chelsea was 1-0, we had 1 effort on goal, they had 13, so i guess that was luck.

How did you play another 9 games in like 40 minutes, while also replying to this thread lol? Are you actually playing the games or holidaying them?

i can do a week in under 60 seconds on my pc, very quick

holidayed one game yes but i still won

I know how it worked...just thought it had been changed this year cos 14 seems way too low. I've actually seen Cahil out jump Crouch and Vidic. I know Vidic is shorter but still bigger than Cahil and has a huge leap and Cahil still reaches the same aerial hight...or more.

Exactly my thoughts, 40 minutes seems extremely fast for playing 9 matches, no matter what the processing speed of your computer. You still actually have to play the matches, even on commentary only it isn't that fast...plus he was managing to post updates on the forum during that time as well lol.

But still...picking playets for a match, making subs, shouts, team talks and setting up a holiday...how did you manage 8 games in 40 minutes?

This explains it better than I could:

jumping.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cahill out jumps players like Crouch week in week out, so go back to your little gay art class and draw something else idiot.

People like you annoy me because you clearly don't go to football games.

Jumping should be based ( in my opinion ) on the percentage amount of height gained for a jump, and not how high.. but this is not my game.

Exactly my thoughts, 40 minutes seems extremely fast for playing 9 matches, no matter what the processing speed of your computer. You still actually have to play the matches, even on commentary only it isn't that fast...plus he was managing to post updates on the forum during that time as well lol.

i just rush through it, click continue, play the game, click continue, ask assistant to pick team, assistant does teamtalks etc... its easy

went through the season unbeaten in the end, still didnt win the league though

Cahill out jumps players like Crouch week in week out, so go back to your little gay art class and draw something else idiot.

Jumping should be based ( in my opinion ) on the percentage amount of height gained for a jump, and not how high.. but this is not my game.

lol jog on. I didnt realise Cahill played against Crouch everyweek. Some people make him out as superman. Average player imo. That cant jump very high.

Ok.

1) I'm not an idiot.

2) This isn't my picture, its been used on the data forums to illustrate how 'jumping' is used.

3) I clearly do go to football games.

4) I posted that because someone asked if anything had changed, excuse me for trying to be helpful.

5) I actually agree with you about jumping, but crucially I didn't make the game either and it is not helpful for people to ignore how SI have chosen to use this attribute.

For some bizarre reason you've taken a very aggressive stance at my post/or me. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but try not to judge people so quickly.

The Everton researcher who hasnt got a clue.. not just on a cahill stance...

I agree with many that Cahill is an average player, as a midfielder he creates and does very little, but his main attribute is his leap. He can outjump players far taller than him, and i think the stats show he has scored more goals with his head than any other in the league, yet his heading isn't even 20! which suprises me.

For the money we paid for him hes been terrific, albeit as a goalscorer only.

Alot of people on here are biased because they don't have him playing for their team, but do i give one?

If you look at match tapes, pref Football First on Sky you will see week in week out Cahill out jumps the tallest of players. It's ok though don't listen to me im just making this all up for the sake of it surely

Ok.

1) I'm not an idiot.

2) This isn't my picture, its been used on the data forums to illustrate how 'jumping' is used.

3) I clearly do go to football games.

4) I posted that because someone asked if anything had changed, excuse me for trying to be helpful.

5) I actually agree with you about jumping, but crucially I didn't make the game either and it is not helpful for people to ignore how SI have chosen to use this attribute.

For some bizarre reason you've taken a very aggressive stance at my post/or me. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but try not to judge people so quickly.

alright Charlie Big Spuds, i didn't want your numbered christmas list

Archived