Moukoko, Svindel Larson and Sigþórsson to FM 2011 - WOW!

Here are some thoughts on FM 2011.

I have been a fan of CM/FM since day one (who can forget Tonton Zola Moukoko, Tommy Svindal Larson (sp?) and Andri Sigþórsson???). I am presently a 34 year old teacher on half term playing the demo. We all know that each version is ultimately a data update with a couple of ‘add-ons’ to keep things fresh. The media interaction (extremely boring and repetitive – send the Assistant every time), now it’s the turn of the Agents and the player ‘private chats’. I imagine most instruct the Assistant to do the new ‘Match Preparation’ thing...

Not that I am complaining...I love the game, and kind of resent myself from doing so. Yes, I have a life, I have a good job (with lots of time off) in which I am successful, I have an active social life, date plenty, go to the gym and I am happy.

My point is I cannot wait for FM 2011 to be released, to sign the Lukakus, the Areolas, the Pjanics, Neymars, etc to replace Drogba, Cech, Lampard etc. I play as Chelsea, always have done. I have tried the lower league stuff and got Altrincham to the Prem, but I didn’t feel the love like I do at Chelsea, signing new players to replace the old and watching them develop into Internationals.

I don’t give a damn about Match Preparation, private chats, agents’ fees, etc, I just want to sign players, develop players and win. And win some more.

I am fed up of signing Baldini, di Salvo, Winsper, etc as staff. I am fed up of going straight to the obvious wonderkids and snapping them up. But I want more! It’s the addiction of the new players and how they develop. Who will it be this time around? I am eagerly anticipating the new stats, CA and PA. In effect the new data update!!

Funnily enough, as I am on half term, and have time on my hands, I am deliberately slowing down the real time playing of the demo by watching the3d highlights (normally commentary only on the fastest setting), and I am enjoying it, even though the goalkeeping is appalling, the defending Sunday league and the players regularly moon walking in unison at random points during the game (reminds me of that Thriller youtube video where all the prisoners (1000s of them) all bust out the Jacko dance – brilliant stuff!!).

Roll on the release day...shame it’s next week, I had all this week off. Suppose I better get back to marking kids’ books and planning lessons.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy FM as much as me. It’s certainly got me!

I agree with you 100%. I would much rather there be improvents to the things already in the game to make gameplay better than new gimmicks being added where I just send my assistant because it gets tedious and annoying.

I always play as Man Utd and I like to play the game in the same way as you. Get players in young, develope them over time, send them out on loan and eventually get them into the first team and sell off my older players. Its a never ending cycle. Because I play the game the way I do, im always loaning out players. Over 10 a season most of the time. Now it would improve the game massively for me if you could have more options when loaning out the player. I want to be able to loan the player out just to teams where he will be a valuable first team players, NOT a backup where he will never play. With the amount of players im loaning out, I often have about 80 messages that I first have to go through and reject all the backup player offers.

Then comes the next part. When your left with only the valuable player loans, there is next to no info in the message you recieve. The only info of any use is the team name. Now I like to send my players on loan to the highest league possible so with me being Man Utd, I tend to like my players going to Championship sides as a valuable first team member. In the message, it would help if it stated what league the team was in rather than having to click every team to find out. Its very annoying and time consuming.

In summary, there should be options when loaning out players to just send them to teams where he will be a valuable player and to target clubs in specific leagues. Im sure managers can do this IRL. Look at Tom Cleverley this year. He wasnt going to go out on loan but when Wigan enquired, I'll bet my house that Fergie said you can only have him if he's going to play games and not sit on the bench. Why dont we have the same option?

Another thing is setting a role to a player rather than just the tactic. It anoying when you make a lot of changes to your teams, especially in cups and you basically have to change your entire tactic because the players you put in dont fit with the roles on your tactic. Also when substituting players. If you could assign a player a role it would make things a lot easier than keep having to change your tactic. IRL, if Owen comes on for Rooney, Owen already knows how he's going to play and what he's been brought on to do. You wouldnt expect Owen to go on the pitch and play the same role as Rooney. You dont see Fergie sitting down with Owen and saying "your going on in place of Rooney but I dont want you to play the same way as Rooney. I want you to be more of a poacher." The guy already knows what he needs to do and he doesnt need telling.

Come on SI. Cut out the gimmicks and actually improve things that need improving. Things that get called for every single year that would improve the game and not something you can stick on the box.

I agree! I support Reading and one of the best things about our club is that we have an amazing youth system! Gylfi Sigurdsson is one example! We also got Kevin Doyle, Stephen Hunt, Leroy Lita at young ages who progressed through our youth ranks to become stars. This is what i love in the game, signing people at the ages of 16 and bringing them up to be a quality player! :) Good thread :)

I agree! I support Reading and one of the best things about our club is that we have an amazing youth system! Gylfi Sigurdsson is one example! We also got Kevin Doyle, Stephen Hunt, Leroy Lita at young ages who progressed through our youth ranks to become stars. This is what i love in the game, signing people at the ages of 16 and bringing them up to be a quality player! :) Good thread :)

Doyle and Hunt didn't come through Readings youth ranks, Hunt was 24 and Doyle was 22 when they joined Reading in 2005

I'd like to see an option to work more closely with the clubs i loan players to. Especially with feeder clubs. I would like to ensure they are training effectively maybe even send one of my coaches to their club as a consulatnt, baybe to insist that some of the feeder club money goes to improve their training facilities.

when I get FM2011 in the mail next Friday I will not be playing a saved game until I find a decent DB, I'd love to use a DB that contains all the superstars of previous cm/fm's wether they were real or fake. Now that would be super

I can see the agent dealing being a show stopper for me. I can't stand it, realistic or not it bores me. It's not really a problem though as I'll just sell the game and carry on with the superb FM2010.

We'll see though, I could learn to like them.

Doyle and Hunt didn't come through Readings youth ranks, Hunt was 24 and Doyle was 22 when they joined Reading in 2005

Lita was hardly an academy player at 20. Doyle was 21 fwiw- he hadn't had his birthday when we signed him in early June, not that it makes a difference.

Andy's point essentially stands, even if he got his names wrong. Better players than Lita and Hunt have come through our youth system in the last few years, though only Sigurdsson compares to Doyle.

Anyway, OP: you sound like you're really loving FM, except for those gripes. I hope they sort themselves out, and you get enough time to play the full game. Maybe set the kids less work to do? ;)

As a Brentford fan I resent the implication that Stephen Hunt was made into the player he is by Reading. I saw him playing at a Premier League standard in League 1 for the bees 4 years before your lot got your mitts on him.

Yet you released him and the only other club in for him was Bradford?

He wasn't even Premier League standard when he played for us, and still isn't- he's an average Championship winger.

OP: Would you like a title change to something less misleading? If so, just ask.

sorry you got leroy lita and developed him major fail there. my club bristol city developed him and he isnt any better at reading before he left us. least with us he was playing and progressing. reading imo hasnt developed talent just pinched talent off other clubs on the cheap

and to agree with people on here i totally enjoy the agent introduction, match prep etc all new features as football manager is about realism. if the first poster on here wants to get a squad and develop thats why we have the like of fifa manager out.

Archived