New Owners - Tycoon?

I have a very long save with AFC Wimbledon, and in 2047 my rival Manchester United get new owners, and it sais tycoon. Wtf is that? Theyre all from Brasil, and its like 15 directors. Lol, never experienced something like that.

This is also the first season in like 10 years im not the favorite to win, so im guessing theyre gonna spend a lot of money on players before the next season.

tycoon.png

Stoke City have had a tycoon takeover on my save and my team Velez in Argentina got one while I was in charge.

so what happens exactly as iv never had a tycoon take over one of my clubs. is it liturally silly money thrown into the club?

I was in the Argentinian league so didn't get buckets of cash Man City style. First the tycoon came in and put the balance up from a few million in the red to £24 million then he added 10k of seats to the ground, improved the training facilities and the youth facilities to the best they could be. Then I got a budget of £33 million and before the take over I could offer around 20k wages after it I could offer 50k which is loads in the league I was in.

I knew I would be leaving the club within a few seasons so I spent the money with lots of it going in monthly payments, as soon as the clubs balance dropped below zero he would up it to £20 million every few months if it dropped below £20 million he would add the extra cash it took to raise it up past that mark.

Since I left Roberto Carlos came and took over as manager the trouble with having that much cash in a relatively low rep league is the good young Argentinian players you splash £8 million to £18 million on want to leave after a couple of seasons. This has resulted in the club selling on average £15 million worth of players but spending twice that due to the chairmans cash.

Previous years expectations were to qualify for continental competition but as soon as the new guy came in the only option was winning the league which was easy with all that money. Strange thing was the tycoon was from Portugal, would have though he would have bought a Portuguese team instead.

On FM09 I left Villarreal to take over a tycoon funded Rochdale who were in league two, got back to back promotions. Got to the play-off's in the championship the following season the tycoon announced he was pulling all funding, leaving us with a huge wage bill for the championship. He sold the star player for £14 million shortly after I left as even with £14 million the club was in huge debt.

Overall it is a good thing but if you build up a huge wage bill it will be hard if he decides to pull funding.

i had a tycoon on fm 09 with afc wimbledon when i was in the prem - after 3 seasons the chairman withdrew his financial backing but continued as chairman, leaving me with a massive wage budget but no tycoon to finance it, so i ended up losing loads of money every season. Eventually left for Real Madrid anyway :D

vitesse arnham got took over on my save ay start of the 2011/12 season. they spent around 50m on players in 2 seasons and are now my biggest challengers. but the tycoon has pulled his funding so the spending is going to drop

I am currently in 2019 and my Newcastle team is in talks with a Tycoon to take over the club, thing is I had a bid in for a wonderkid and while he was thinking over the contract... SLAM! bloody transfer embargo, which lasted the whole window and is still ongoing 2 moths later, it ain't all fun 'n' games kids.

mj4sf.jpg

pBGtg.jpg

Will report back if it is successful. :p

I had that in FM09 with Rangers, a wealthy Russian came in and helped turn us into a European powerhouse. Was such a fun save, even when he pulled funding we were still making a huge profit from the youth system I had going.

I had a tycoon takeover my Valencia team; for the six years or so he was in charge, I could basically ignore any financial restrictions on my team as long as I won everything. The thing is, though, I didn't really use the money much outside the first few years; it was more worthwhile to buy as many of the best kids I could find, develop them, and either sell them or move on. He's still my chairman but he withdrew money this year (although I still had a huge transfer budget); next year we'll see where the transfer money is after he doesn't inject 35 million into the coffers at random times.

Thing is, it kind of screws up the game; part of the fun is balancing the books, and if that component is gone it's not as much fun. It's awesome to win the Champions League, but when it's your expectation and there's no limit on your players it's not anywhere near as challenging. So my goal now is to make Valencia the most successful club in Spanish history (in the Spanish Cup, La Liga, and Champions League) and then retire.

I've seen a Tycoon take over 2 times in FM10. Both times ruined my save:(

First time I was playing Liverpool, and before the first transferwindow was over I got taken over by a Tycoon. Carried on to win the league 5 times in 5 seasons, CL 3 times, FA cup 3 times and CC 3 times. Got so boring I quit that game, because wasnt a challange really.

2. time was on a LAN party, 3 friends playing, and we start in Championship, playing: Swansea, Bristol City and Blackpool. All 3 get promoted in first season, but a friend of mine get taken over by a tycoon, so he basicly bought whatever he wanted and finished 2. in the first season while we strugled to finish mid table.

Leyton Orient got taken over by a tycoon in the first season, got promoted to the EPL in 2015. strange thing is I think the chairman withdrew his funding after the 2013-14 season, because they've spent 3.5 mil and 2.5 mil in the last two transfer windows, so it's still impressive they got to the Premier League...

Well, it has not made much difference so far, yeah I was able to spend more money but the truth is I won the league twice before this tycoon came in with his bottomless pockets, I have already decided if he stays for too long or if I win the league at a canter that I will leave the club and continue with another.

Can see this getting really boring, but at least my youth system is now fully fledged, happy days!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Again.

I was tired and bored, and i checked out some small clubs in the start who have done well over the years. Then i came over three others Tycoon ownerships. Udinese was taken over by some directors from Singapore, Vicenza have som Swedish once (lol) and TSV in Germany had some from Britain, they have other owners now.

Maybe not so unusual as i thought in the first place.

Im playing a game as Bath and I'm in League 1. MK Dons have gotten a tycoon and are now worth over 30 million! They buy players that are worth more than my club value, yet they finisehd 18th last term and are struggling out of the gate this on as well.

Archived