Violence within the game

I've had a couple elbow incidents and once or twice I've had players either booked or sent off for pushing. As for fighting I don't think it is on the game anymore, I rememeber on an older version when managing west ham I had Thomas Repka sent off for throwing a punch, commentary says something like "he's landed a great right hook" made me laugh at the time. As for being able to activate it I would think that this is not possible.

SI could get sued for real life players getting banned for violence.

SI could also get sued for real life players getting sent off for hard tackling, bad performances, unprofessional actions etc... Or for managers getting sacked after a long losing streak

Which court would actually accept a lawsuit based on a game?

To me the lawsuit thing reeks of poor excuse.

SI could also get sued for real life players getting sent off for hard tackling, bad performances, unprofessional actions etc... Or for managers getting sacked after a long losing streak

Which court would actually accept a lawsuit based on a game?

To me the lawsuit thing reeks of poor excuse.

Why would they make up a 'poor excuse'? Makes no sense.

Fear of a lawsuit however does make sense. Massive companies like Sega will always err on the side of caution, rather than risk a lawsuit.

It makes perfect sense.

It is a poor excuse. Who would sue them? How could they justify it? If it happens in real life then it should happen in the game. It is far more to do the fact that it undermines their 'respect' campaign.

Whilst I don't condone going this far, I remember having Marcelo Salas kick the referee and receive a 6 month global ban.

It is a poor excuse. Who would sue them? How could they justify it? If it happens in real life then it should happen in the game. It is far more to do the fact that it undermines their 'respect' campaign.

Whilst I don't condone going this far, I remember having Marcelo Salas kick the referee and receive a 6 month global ban.

Did you not read or not understand the part where I said that they err on the side of caution?

The fact that they used to be there but aren't anymore means someone obviously didn't like it.

Besides that SI have said time and again that for legal reasons violence, drugs etc won't be in the game, so all in all another wasted thread. Whether you think its a good reason or not, thats the way it is.

Did you not read or not understand the part where I said that they err on the side of caution?

The fact that they used to be there but aren't anymore means someone obviously didn't like it.

Besides that SI have said time and again that for legal reasons violence, drugs etc won't be in the game, so all in all another wasted thread. Whether you think its a good reason or not, thats the way it is.

ok for legal reasons yes it shouldnt be in the game... but just like the licensing for the real german team you can "edit" it in if you want to... there should be an option

There's also the side of SI 'encouraging' people in violent ways, which is understandable, but again not the best excuse.

Plus without violence, they can sell their game to the biggest audience ( as if the game is rated a 3, almost anyone can buy it)

Fear of a lawsuit however does make sense. Massive companies like Sega will always err on the side of caution, rather than risk a lawsuit.

It makes perfect sense.

This :thup:

This has been brought up so many times before.

SI and SEGA have made it perfectly clear many times that, for a number of commercial, policy and legal reasons, incidents of violence, drugs, death etc which happen in the real game will not appaer in the FM series.

While I see the company wanting to stay on the safer side, I still don't quite get where the problem is with the rare occurrence of a scuffla or of a couple of red cards for poor sportsmanship [to put it very PC]

Violence? Rated 3?

Ok, but the odd vendetta isn't much more violent or out of place than a two-footed challenge... Shall we get rid of nasty fouls too?

It's FOOTBALL Manager, not Fairyland's Shiny Unicorns Manager. So if we have hard tackling [you can ORDER your players to go in hard on their opponents, isn't that violent?] and red cards, we should have elbowing, suckerpunching and "hell breaks loose". Just every now and then, with the same frequency it happens in real life... It's not as if the game will turn into Smackdown v Raw all of a sudden.

Then again, would Ferrari or Mercedes sue Sony because their virtual cars have engine failures in an F1 game? Or the drivers should sue every time their virtual counterpart parks the car against a wall?

Again, "better safe than sorry" is ok, but here we're pushing it way too far...

Can someone please confirm for me because im confused, is there any sort of violence like fights pushing or elbows within fm and if not is there a way we can activate it.

And the point is? Activating violence if possible as far as I understood.

Care to enlighten me, Kalle?

While I see the company wanting to stay on the safer side, I still don't quite get where the problem is with the rare occurrence of a scuffla or of a couple of red cards for poor sportsmanship [to put it very PC]

Violence? Rated 3?

Ok, but the odd vendetta isn't much more violent or out of place than a two-footed challenge... Shall we get rid of nasty fouls too?

It's FOOTBALL Manager, not Fairyland's Shiny Unicorns Manager. So if we have hard tackling [you can ORDER your players to go in hard on their opponents, isn't that violent?] and red cards, we should have elbowing, suckerpunching and "hell breaks loose". Just every now and then, with the same frequency it happens in real life... It's not as if the game will turn into Smackdown v Raw all of a sudden.

Then again, would Ferrari or Mercedes sue Sony because their virtual cars have engine failures in an F1 game? Or the drivers should sue every time their virtual counterpart parks the car against a wall?

Again, "better safe than sorry" is ok, but here we're pushing it way too far...

the issue with this example is that your comparing cars and profit with a person and reputation...

there is a difference there and there is a slight legal barrier called defamation...

although i agree with you its ridiculous and it would improve the game if onfield bust-ups were added in etc

unfortunately they wont be included in the game as clarified quite clearly above by FrazT.... just move on

Ok, let's ignore the car and keep it about people.

Should NHL players sue EA Sports because they get involved in in-game fights?

Or should a quarterback sue because in a simulated Madden 10 season his in-game self threw more intercepts than he ever did in real life?

If it's defamation, shouldn't all the football players with poor Professionalism, Loyalty, Controversy etc sue SI and Sega anyway?

Ok, let's ignore the car and keep it about people.

Should NHL players sue EA Sports because they get involved in in-game fights?

Or should a quarterback sue because in a simulated Madden 10 season his in-game self threw more intercepts than he ever did in real life?

If it's defamation, shouldn't all the football players with poor Professionalism, Loyalty, Controversy etc sue SI and Sega anyway?

the players are given these low stats based on past events and occurences so its not defamation...

your NHL and NFL comparisons are poor aswell, for we are talking about football not those sports....

in hockey smashing one anothers face in is an accepted part of the game in football its frowned upon and diminshes ones reputation to be involved in such activities

im not even going to reply to the quarterback one... thats just ridiculous

So, a player being an unprofessional ass who gets sent off 4 times a year is not defamation because it's based on past experience and real life events, but we can't have said player involved in a simulated scuffle because THAT would be defamation?

Sorry but I don't get the difference...

Player X has a long backhistory of unprofessionalism and dirtyness, that's fine, but the moment we talk about a one-off brawl then it's lawsuit material?

It's still something based on real life events and occurrence we see in football... It's not drugs/alcohol/rape/death or any other "outlandish" event, it's just the most extreme part of football.

It's rare, but it happens, and it's not much more violent or defamating than getting sent off for a nasty foul, or fined for no showing up at training

Honest to God I just don't understand.

The decision that SI/SEGA have taken about this is not based solely on legal reasons as has been stated often before. It has been taken for a number of reasons and is a policy decision based on what they want to show in the game simulation. Because it happens in real life does not automatically mean it will be in the game and it is at SI/SEGA's discretion as to what they include. Even if you dont agree or understand their thinking, it still wont happen.

The decision that SI/SEGA have taken about this is not based solely on legal reasons as has been stated often before. It has been taken for a number of reasons and is a policy decision based on what they want to show in the game simulation. Because it happens in real life does not automatically mean it will be in the game and it is at SI/SEGA's discretion as to what they include. Even if you dont agree or understand their thinking, it still wont happen.

that part should ring out....

Archived