Easiest to get citizenship

Which nations, including ones that do not have any leagues by default, are quickest to dish out citizenship? I would like to create a fictional league, manage a team there, and import some top foreign talent for that country's national team.

(I know about Poland and Belgium.)

Guest markyosullivan
In Kazakhstan you can get citizenship after a year. (At least in FM)

I think he means EU citizenship.

belgium is about 2 years.

Belgium is 3 years

Not sure if im right about this but i think if you buy a south america player for a spanish team they will gain citizenship in two years.

Players from south american countries that have Spanish as their language can get citizenship in Spain in 2 years.

If you plan on making the league, then I'm relatively certain that you can set the citizenship days to whatever you want via the editor. Bare in mind it can take about a month more than what's set though should they take it as it has to "process paperwork" and such.

Brazil.. Portuguese

Brazil kids also get 2y citizenship in Spain at least in FM07. I didn't manage in Spain in 10 for that long.

Kazakhstan has a 1 year citizenship rule, tempted to do a game with them, with a league for them, and suceed on a team of foreigners.

Yes, exactly! On to .kz!

Now, on to giving them a league, I guess.

The interwebs however claim # Persons who have been permanently residing in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan for not less than 5 years (as of the time of making a petition to acquire citizenship of Kazakhstan, the five-year term of residing should be continuous);

# Persons being married to the citizen of the RK for at least three years;

but of course that could be done wrong in FM?

If you plan on making the league, then I'm relatively certain that you can set the citizenship days to whatever you want via the editor. Bare in mind it can take about a month more than what's set though should they take it as it has to "process paperwork" and such.

I figured such things would be hardcoded? Maybe only for nations not in the game yet?

I figured such things would be hardcoded? Maybe only for nations not in the game yet?

In the editor you can change how long it takes to gain citizenship in any nation. You don't need to create a league either.

Arrrrgh, now I get "... will have to wait until he has lived in the country for five years until he is eligible to play for Kazakhstan" - is that some general FIFA rule? By that time he'll be close to retirement age!

Arrrrgh, now I get "... will have to wait until he has lived in the country for five years until he is eligible to play for Kazakhstan" - is that some general FIFA rule? By that time he'll be close to retirement age!

That is true. A player has to reside in the country for five years before being eligible to play for the national team, even though he may get citizenship earlier. Note that 'citizenship' and 'eligibility' are different things.

This is to prevent countries from simply "buying" and handing out citizenships to players just to get them to play for them.

So there's no point to my 1 year citizenship party anyway :p

It's 5 years for all countries, yeah?

Unless you use FMRTE to up the amount of days that a player is in the country so effectively it will only take one year.

Archived