Number of coaches

www2

Despite having 10 coaches for the last 3 years my board wont let me have more than 6 right now.

I sacked 4 of them and was going to get better ones but now they cancell every single deal.

My recomendet number of coaches is 6, and I am left with 3 areas of only four stars....will this change. Can I influence this in any way???

Despite having 10 coaches for the last 3 years my board wont let me have more than 6 right now.

I sacked 4 of them and was going to get better ones but now they cancell every single deal.

My recomendet number of coaches is 6, and I am left with 3 areas of only four stars....will this change. Can I influence this in any way???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by www2:

I am Bromley in 2021 and have just won my first premiership....my reputation is continental and have a whole bunch of dinnero </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a great help icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wacker1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by www2:

I am Bromley in 2021 and have just won my first premiership....my reputation is continental and have a whole bunch of dinnero </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a great help icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

?????

i've found that the number of coaches you're allowed seems a little bugged - if you've raised a side's reputation a great deal, by repeated promotion and by winning trophies, you'll never be allowed as many coaches or scouts as a side who started the game as a giant, such as man utd or chelsea.

the same goes for the amount you can offer to pay them. it will rise based on success and a good budget, but it'll never be as high as historically big clubs, no matter how succesful you are

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kill Rock Stars:

i've found that the number of coaches you're allowed seems a little bugged - if you've raised a side's reputation a great deal, by repeated promotion and by winning trophies, you'll never be allowed as many coaches or scouts as a side who started the game as a giant, such as man utd or chelsea.

the same goes for the amount you can offer to pay them. it will rise based on success and a good budget, but it'll never be as high as historically big clubs, no matter how succesful you are </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cr@p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

I'm still in an 8.0.1 campaign, i read in one post that the new patch doesn't allow you to go over the board's recommendation. Is this true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tehy no longer allow anymore than recommended number. I'm a bit frustrated by that since 10 coaches can hardly cover all the categories to have 7 stars.

1 youth coach is probably more than enough then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

I'm still in an 8.0.1 campaign, i read in one post that the new patch doesn't allow you to go over the board's recommendation. Is this true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is just stupid icon13.gif

It is a change from 8.02 I think.

I was told that they recommend no more than 10 under 8.01, but I had 12.

A few of their contracts ended so I decided to replace them with better staff. Unfortunatly they won't allow me to replace them now.

So I am trying to challange for the champions league, but I have a few areas with 6 stars :-(.

Makes the game more challenging, now you have to sack your staff every so often and replace them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattyspurs76:

one way to get round it,

Offer them jobs as Assitant manager then when u get them as assistant managers offer them contracts as coaches, it worked on the 8.0.1 patch, i havnt tried it on the new one ....yet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My board only allowed me 1 ass man in 8.0.1 and they cancelled every attempt to get a second one. Is this because of my board or you just can't have more than 1 ass man in FM08?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bterz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattyspurs76:

one way to get round it,

Offer them jobs as Assitant manager then when u get them as assistant managers offer them contracts as coaches, it worked on the 8.0.1 patch, i havnt tried it on the new one ....yet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My board only allowed me 1 ass man in 8.0.1 and they cancelled every attempt to get a second one. Is this because of my board or you just can't have more than 1 ass man in FM08? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can only have 1 Assistant, so you need to get him to agree a coaching contract before you offer someone else the job of assistant

That is just stupid icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe it is true that you are no longer allowed to go over the number of staff your board recommends.

I personally don't think it's stupid. I doubt any club in real life will have 10 or more coaches, most have a much lower number of coaches than this.

And it will be affecting all teams in the game so evens it out. You may now need to decide which aspect of coaching - be it physical, tactics, technique etc- is more important to you and have more stars in that area than others. This to me is more realistic.

There is a way around that www2 icon14.gif

Offer you're coaches assistant manager jobs, all of them. This will free up space to hire more coaches. When you've got the staff levels you want, just offer contracts to your extra assistants, to take them back to being purely coaches.

Yes, this is "cheating" the game AI, but personally I find it solves the games restrictive coaching allowance, that you're clearly experiencing and are frustrated by, just as I was.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

Offer you're coaches assistant manager jobs, all of them. This will free up space to hire more coaches. When you've got the staff levels you want, just offer contracts to your extra assistants, to take them back to being purely coaches.

Yes, this is "cheating" the game AI, but personally I find it solves the games restrictive coaching allowance, that you're clearly experiencing and are frustrated by, just as I was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks alot heathxxx icon14.gificon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

Yes, this is "cheating" the game AI, but personally I find it solves the games restrictive coaching allowance, that you're clearly experiencing and are frustrated by, just as I was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks alot heathxxx icon14.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only works Pre 8.0.2 patch. icon_frown.gif

I'm knockbreda, 17 League titles in a row, always in Champs league, and am allowed 1 coach.

I had 5 and 1 Assman. Offered 4 Coaches assmen roles, they accepted, I had 5 Assmen and 1 coach. I signed 4 new coaches, and all was great. 1 coach left, and 2 assmen, and I now have 3 Assmen and and 3 coaches, and the board cancel anything else I try to offer. The latter only happened after the 8.0.2 was instlled. icon_frown.gif

It really hinders me, as Backroom staff are far more important than people realise.

Well it worked for me just fine.

I now have 4 assman and 6 coaches and not to mention 7 stars everywhere.......yupiiiii </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God damn it. icon_mad.gif

Why me. icon_frown.gif

Wish i was English and understood that icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

smug |sməg| adjective ( smugger, smuggest) having or showing an excessive pride in oneself or one's achievements

tw@t |twät| noun vulgar slang a woman's genitals.

Glad the little "tip" helped www2 icon14.gif

...an NepentheZ - it should still work, I'm sure. Have done it myself with my Granada C.F. team and a limit of 6 coaches.

I did the AssMan contract "trick" and now have 7x coaches, 7x youth coaches, 4x fitness coaches & 3x goalie coaches, plus 1x AssMan. (A sum total of 22 coaching staff working on training icon_biggrin.gif ).

I would sign a coach, then when he joined, offer him a new contract as an AssMan. Once I had the required levels of staff I wanted, I just offered the "multiple" AssMan's contracts to take them back to being a coach, youth coach, goalie coach, whatever.

It's a lovely loophole in my opinion and I always use it without any problems.

Now if only there was a "trick" to getting more scouts... (though I do have a theory icon_wink.gif )

BTW - the reason I always like having such huge backroom staff levels is because I have fully loaded 1st, "B" and "C"/Youth squads and try to develop alot of players. Too few coaches with big squads can lead to the coaches being overworked.

As a smaller club, I effectively try to do a "Crewe Alex" and nurture players to sell-on to bigger clubs, until I reach a level where I can compete with them on level terms, financially, tactically and for players.

It may depend on your salary budget - coaches count towards your salary budget - when I stayed well below budget I was allowed 10 low payed coaches when the board wanted only 6. Once I reached my budget the next season and fired two coaches, they did not let me sign anyone new to replace even though I was just at budget plus or minus 1000 dollars for a 620,000 dollar budget. Then when the next season started and I was well below my new improved salary budget, I was able to hire two coaches again. Hire coaches when the salary budget has plenty of cap room and you will get less resistence to extra coach hires in my experience.

Archived