relegation

I have, twice, both coming out of the Premier. Once with Luton, went up too soon and couldn't compete. The other was with Liverpool. I took over with 6 games to go and went down on the last day. Didn't get the sack on either occasions and both times I dragged both clubs back into the Prem to eventually win it.

Never have...

I've been sacked once though for being 12th with Stoke in the first season...

Not so strange, wasn't you the one who telled the board you was going to Champions League or something like that?

Was relegated once like a lot of people who went up too soon with a small club that wasn't capable of competing. Most of my good players left on frees to prem clubs and I had about 5million to replace 6/7 of my best players. Safe to say it wasn't my finest season, but I don't think I finished bottom.

Hardly at all now. When I was getting going on 05, only having obscure rep, I'd sometimes end up somewhere predicted for relegation from the lowest playable league and it would happen (partly due to a theory of mine that at least back then, rep seemed to have an effect on performance). Can't remember if it's happened since then, though I have a policy of avoiding jobs at clubs a) in the relegation zone or b) predicted to be in the relegation zone as my only restriction on job seeking.

Not yet on FM2010, although did a couple of times on 09, mostly after I'd taken teams to the top division and then going straight back down again (most notably with Kaiserslautern when we embarassingly managed about 20-25 points all season iirc - I ran away before I could be sacked :o )

Never been relegated yet, but on one of my saves I think I have taken Sheffield Wednesday to the Premiership far too early and am anticipating a Derby County type of Premier League season.

Archived