The new who?

Juventus

I've noticed that most of the threads of who's is the new... are closed so I'll start a new one

Name: James Wesolowski

Team: Leichester city

Position: DM

who:could be the next Owen Hargreaves

Name:Francesco Bolzoni

Team: Inter

Position: Dm

Who: touted as the next Christiano Zanetti and similar to Gattuso

Name: Andrea D'amico

Team: Brescia

Position AM

Who: Could be the next Totti

Name: Simone Dell'Agnello

Team:Inter

Position: Striker

Who; Touted as the new Christian Vieri

Name: Frederico Carraro

Team Fiorentina

Position: Dm

Who: Touted as the new Christiano Zanetti

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by alanhutton2cafuwho?:

Kevin Thomson is the new Jim Baxter on my game

kevin well one thing is for sure he will never be called the new jim baxter in reallife baxter is the best scottish player ever.and all the old guys pick him as the second best center mid behind duncan edwards to come from britian.

I had a regen at Birmingham labelled the next Emile Heskey, he was promptly sold.

Micheal Johnson, the new Paul Scholes

N'Zogbia, the new Zidane

I have seen a few others but they are mostly regens, what I really want is to find someone labelled the next George Best, Maradona or Pele.

John Bostock @ Crystal Palace: touted as the next Paul Scholes. I signed him a while ago in my Villa game for about £2.5m, but for some reason he has now lost his media comparison. Probably because I've been giving him a run in the first team at 16 / 17 yoa due to injuries icon_biggrin.gif

And yes, Tottenham have been linked with him this IRL.

Sérgio Mota @ São Paulo: touted as the next Zé Roberto. Signed for £6m recently.

Originally posted by adamj11:

I had a regen at Birmingham labelled the next Emile Heskey, he was promptly sold.

icon_biggrin.gif

BTW, on the subject of someone being the next Best, Pele etc., who is the most legendary player you've all seen mentioned like this? IIRC, I saw someone who was labelled the next Beckenbauer.

Is Kevin Thomson not quite a good wee player !? defo worthy of a Scotland call up and defo mid table prem class I think

yes tompson is good but i gues you don't know how good baxter was if you think tompson is worlth of the new baxter tag.

I have just found a regen labelled the next Georgie Hagi, get in. Just signed him for 750k at age 15.

OMG Hagi is legend he was elected as one of the best players in the world

he is the 25th in the list after Cantona andhe stands before Marco Van Basten,Baggio,Bergkamp,Rummenigge,Rivaldo,Beckham

check this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_soccer_players_of_th..._Of_The_20th_Century

Originally posted by Severus_steaua:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adamj11:

I have just found a regen labelled the next Georgie Hagi, get in. Just signed him for 750k at age 15.

he is the 25th in the list after Cantona andhe stands before Marco Van Basten,Baggio,Bergkamp,Rummenigge,Rivaldo,Beckham

check this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_soccer_players_of_th..._Of_The_20th_Century </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hence me mentioning I had him.

Hagi is one of my favourite players ever.

Nicky Maynard the next Michael Owen

How is that possible Maynard has a rubbish PA. He was awful on my game guess you got really lucky.

I have not seen that many on this game compared to last years.

Originally posted by AcidBurn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Nicky Maynard the next Michael Owen

How is that possible Maynard has a rubbish PA. He was awful on my game guess you got really lucky.

I have not seen that many on this game compared to last years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as far as i know, the touted thing has nothing to do with the players PA. as far as i can grasp it has to do with the nationality (obvious) the style of player (i.e where you can be a wonderkid etc.) and i assume their height and maybe weight. i've had awful players be dubbed the next Christian Vieri, never a chance of being any good but they're playing style resembles the legend they are touted to be. though i may be wrong

Originally posted by Nozz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AcidBurn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Nicky Maynard the next Michael Owen

I have not seen that many on this game compared to last years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as far as i know, the touted thing has nothing to do with the players PA. as far as i can grasp it has to do with the nationality (obvious) the style of player (i.e where you can be a wonderkid etc.) and i assume their height and maybe weight. i've had awful players be dubbed the next Christian Vieri, never a chance of being any good but they're playing style resembles the legend they are touted to be. though i may be wrong </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think there's a lot of truth in that. I have a regen who's touted as "the next Makelele". He's french and a DMC but that's where the similarities stop. His stats don't suggest he'll be anything close to the type of player Makelele was at his peak. Very average tackling, team work, positioning and anticipation stats.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">yes tompson is good but i gues you don't know how good baxter was if you think tompson is worlth of the new baxter tag.

Baxter wasnt really my Era so I couldnt really tell you much of him , all i know was he done keepy uppies at Webley when Scotland beat England 3-2 1967 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ask anyone who saw slim jim they will tell you he is the best rangers and scortish player ever.

Originally posted by Severus_steaua:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adamj11:

check this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_soccer_players_of_th..._Of_The_20th_Century </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that lis t is **** look at the players i think they but pele,maradonna,cruyff,best in then just put the rest in anywhere beckham better than shearer give me a break or better than gazza.plus duncan edwards at 46 is the biggest joke he should be first fact.

Originally posted by bobkatfan:

by next figo and what not, you mean in the personal it says he's of a simuular mold of figo, right?

Not quite, it means that if they are mentioned in the press they say thing like

"has been labelled the next..."

"seen by some as the next..."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bobkatfan:

by next figo and what not, you mean in the personal it says he's of a simuular mold of figo, right?

Not quite, it means that if they are mentioned in the press they say thing like

"has been labelled the next..."

"seen by some as the next..." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>ah, so if I have him in my shortlist, it'll have a story about him?

Archived