For the love of god someone explain.....

How does a team go from winning 7 games straight including a victory over Chelsea and Liverpool not only scoring plenty of goals but also creating a mountain of chances to a team that then loses away to wigan with creating just a few chances and then even worse finding themselves 3-0 down at home to Man Utd without creating a single chance. With about 70 mins on the clock my team ( Arsenal btw ) then decide to start playing and then go on to score 2 quick fire goals.

Seems the game was programmed to make sure i couldnt get a decent lead at the top of the league and these 'results' are not down to how my team is set up or my tactics etc its just simply down to how the game is programmed.

Yes this is a bit of a rant but i am honestly at a loss to understand how it works and need some sort of explanation as to how and why these things happen.

There could be a whole range of reasons: over confidence, Man U viewing your form very closely and building their tactics around it, etc.

These type of things happen in real life and although it is very frustrating in the game it also makes for an interesting time. I mean people would be complaining if they won every game saying it wasn't 'realistic'!!!

As PW mentioned, it could be a whole host of things. You need to take every game differently, but it seems you've used the same tactic and got successful 7 times in a row, and you've come unstuck v Man U. Perhaps you had some big players out, or the first goal for 0-1 demoralised the team. Perhaps your team talks didn't do your team any good.

It's very possible for a team to go on a high, to a crashing low. Especially when it's Arsenal v Man U :D (49 game unbeaten streak, anyone? :( - Champions League Semi-Final, that Ryan Giggs goal, 4-2 at Emirate with JOHN O'SHEA scoring :( - 6-1 back in the early 00's )

Arsenal come unstuck v Man U a lot.

I've noticed a lot on this years game that streaks are far too common.

Im not talking about just winning either, losing too.

Its far too common (for me at least anyway) to go on streaks during a season of winning 7, 8 games in a row and scoring 3, 4 goals a game and then going on a losing streak totally randomly and not scoring for 6, 7, 8 consecutive games.

Frustrating.

Seems the game was programmed to make sure i couldnt get a decent lead at the top of the league and these 'results' are not down to how my team is set up or my tactics etc its just simply down to how the game is programmed.

Not this again :rolleyes:

Without knowing a large range of things about your game it's difficult to say why this happened to you. One thing's for sure though, it's not because the game is programmed to stop you winning. Otherwise I wouldn't have just had an unbeaten season in Serie A with my Barletta team.

Not this again :rolleyes:

Without knowing a large range of things about your game it's difficult to say why this happened to you. One thing's for sure though, it's not because the game is programmed to stop you winning. Otherwise I wouldn't have just had an unbeaten season in Serie A with my Barletta team.

Ofc i know the games not programmed like it i just feel sometimes it SEEMS like it is when very frustrating things happen. Also in the world of FM it seems that if 1 thing goes wrong then normally 2 or 3 things are wrong all at same time and my stress levels rocket and it seems very difficult to be able to fix them during a game.

The AI will eventually figure out your tactics. Just tweak and what not. Also, make sure over confidence doesn't creep in. Don't say 'We will win' in manager interaction for example as the players will just think they can turn up and win. Keep your players in their toes.

Ofc i know the games not programmed like it i just feel sometimes it SEEMS like it is when very frustrating things happen. Also in the world of FM it seems that if 1 thing goes wrong then normally 2 or 3 things are wrong all at same time and my stress levels rocket and it seems very difficult to be able to fix them during a game.

Fair enough, it can be bloody frustrating at times :p

i think it's down to something that's been programmed in to make it unlikely other teams have really bad runs. Garbage teams used to end on very few points on 10.2 (10-20). Now on 10.3 it's more reasonable (25-35). So seems when they go on a bad run of 6 or so games then they suddenly have a brilliant game (usually at home) Just have to hope it's not against you.

i think it's down to something that's been programmed in to make it unlikely other teams have really bad runs. Garbage teams used to end on very few points on 10.2 (10-20). Now on 10.3 it's more reasonable (25-35). So seems when they go on a bad run of 6 or so games then they suddenly have a brilliant game (usually at home) Just have to hope it's not against you.

If that were the case that its been programmed then in my game west brom wouldn't have lost only 1 game all season in the championship, and sunderland wouldn't have got 105 points....

Leeds United would like to know the answer to this as well :p

On a serious note, though, I'd suspect over-confidence.

Yes we ****ing would.

On topic: Dunno, randomly happened to my Carrick team, then a massive morale drop :s.

The AI will eventually figure out your tactics. Just tweak and what not. Also, make sure over confidence doesn't creep in. Don't say 'We will win' in manager interaction for example as the players will just think they can turn up and win. Keep your players in their toes.

Another old falsehood raises its head. The ai does not learn your tactics. I really can't be bothered to go into it, its been bought up and debunked a million times.

Another old falsehood raises its head. The ai does not learn your tactics. I really can't be bothered to go into it, its been bought up and debunked a million times.

Sorry edgar, may I ask you this: You mean, you can allways play the same tactic, and the AI will never learn to cover your right winger, left midfielder, and mark your left striker? I didn't know this

Sorry edgar, may I ask you this: You mean, you can allways play the same tactic, and the AI will never learn to cover your right winger, left midfielder, and mark your left striker? I didn't know this

The ai makes decisions based on your rep and then later based on the state of the game at certain points (0-0 1-0 0-1 etc) . From my understanding it doesn't have any kind of in depth analysis of your teams strengths and weaknesses or what works agianst your team and what doesn't.

The talk about the AI does not learn your tactics does not necessary means the AI will go into the match with you without bothering how well your team have play for the past few matches, your form, your rep...they will ADJUST their tactics accordingly...yes, ADJUST....NOT PROGRAMMED FOR SURE TO BEAT YOU...

therefore meaning a more defensive approach against your team if you are in a winning streak, or more offensive approach against you if your team is low in form etc....this is equally truth in real life...remembered how Arsenal drew against Birmingham recently, even though they are in fine form???

When said about the AI does not learn your tactic, it merely means it is not programmed in such that whenever you are in a winning streak, the AI will "SURELY" make you lose a match or so, regardless if the AI team is in relegation fight or the top 4 teams.

There are many factors affecting your win. Your choice of tactic and approach will also affect the result. Many often go into the next match using the same tactic or approach (e.g. high def line, slow passing...etc) which have served them well over the past 10 matches but failed to realize that your same approach might have just fall into the hand of your next opponent's way of playing...i.e your next opponent might be relegation fighter but their overall match fitness might be far superior than yours and for them playing a full match pressing game could have cost your team regularly losing possession...thus costing the match. just an example to quote.

Also for closing...remember how Fulham beat the mighty (or rather maybe not so recently but still a big reputation in Europe) Juventus recently. They are supposed to be on a high after the "miracle" comeback but yet, they have go on for some losing games. ;)

How does a team go from winning 7 games straight including a victory over Chelsea and Liverpool not only scoring plenty of goals but also creating a mountain of chances to a team that then loses away to wigan with creating just a few chances and then even worse finding themselves 3-0 down at home to Man Utd without creating a single chance. With about 70 mins on the clock my team ( Arsenal btw ) then decide to start playing and then go on to score 2 quick fire goals.

Yes this is a bit of a rant but i am honestly at a loss to understand how it works and need some sort of explanation as to how and why these things happen.

As someone else said, Simon Grayson could tell you all about it, or would at least like an answer. That is VERY real life and happens all the time to teams every season. It's not at all how the game is programmed, except to reflect real life.

I confess these rants drive me a little crazy these days - the ones that say "This series of events (that sounds just like what some club or another are going through right at the moment) is frustrating! It has to be a bug/cheating AI/sloppy programming/Illuminati/hacking by fans of hated rivals/etc...

You shouldn't complain when the game acts like real life. What isn't realistic is to just blaze through each season with every tactical answer, going 38-0, winning the quad nearly every season and having a transfer kitty of 150 mil every July, yet you don't see anyone complaining about *that* when it happens...

SI uses the rand() function to create these scenarios JUST to annoy the user ;) Or as the other guys implies: bad tacs, over-confidence, other team is 'fired up', players are affected by media comments etc. etc. - annoying yes, but it helps you keep you on your toes. Good luck :) For me, this is what makes the game awesome :)

Archived