I have trust issues...

Am I the only one who is reluctant to send out my youth team on loans for experience? I don't trust that other clubs will be as good at developing the player as my coaching setup.

I realise that on pitch experience helps players develop, but whenever I have sent players out on loan, they don't seem to have become any better or if they have I don't think they have progressed as fast as they would have done if I had just let them train in my top training facilities with 4.5 star coaching instead of heading off to some bog down in Yeovil to be put through their paces by a wannabe Mike Bassett. (no offense Yeovil fans).

Do young players really benefit that much from going out on loan or will they be fine in my reserve team until they make the breakthrough to the first team?

Personal view: if you are a top team with top facilities don't send them on loan unless they are not able to play for your U19 team anymore and have no place in the 1st team yet. I do that - make my 25-6 players first team and the ones I don't need send on loan.

As for the question if they improve - it is supposed to improve their fitness - which u can do by training. But nothing substitutes 1st team experience. So only loan them if they will become "valuable part of the 1st team" of the club u loan them to.

Guest leedsUnited-Beckford

grant holt sucks the player i mean in real life ahaha. nah good on ya norwich. um to this topic one time sent out a youngester down 8 divisions in england on loan. lets just say he wasnt happy haha

Loaning can work and it can implode badly, i usually use it like Vermundr, i send players on loan who are too old for my youth team but still have no place in my first team. Usually i end up selling these players on later anyway but a good loan can increase their value.

For example i didn't need N'Gog anymore so i loaned him out to Recreativo in La Liga, he managed to score 21 goals throughout the season and then i sold him to Real Madrid wheres he now a backup striker. Similarly i had a young regen striker who i didn't need, loaned him out to Hull in the Championship where he was there top scorer and then sold him on to Aston Villa for a tidy profit.

AFAIK (so someone correct me if i am wrong) youth players who you send to other clubs will only develop with respect to how good the coaches are at that club, and how good the training facilities are.

In the past (CM4) i have always kept my youth at my own club, and it has developed on its own (quite often quicker than those in the 1st team ever did, even tho some of my 1st teamers were youthies themselves)

It seems a lot harder in this years FM compared to FM09. In FM09 players I sent out on loan returned as gods most of the time, this years I struggle to see a large increase in attributes at all. It just makes it harder and more realistic I guess.

AFAIK (so someone correct me if i am wrong) youth players who you send to other clubs will only develop with respect to how good the coaches are at that club, and how good the training facilities are.

In the past (CM4) i have always kept my youth at my own club, and it has developed on its own (quite often quicker than those in the 1st team ever did, even tho some of my 1st teamers were youthies themselves)

I always check the clubs training facilities and coaches out. However if you are not a top team quite often the only options are pretty poor clubs so do you let them rot in your reserves or send them to a poor club with poor staff?

Am I the only one who is reluctant to send out my youth team on loans for experience? I don't trust that other clubs will be as good at developing the player as my coaching setup.

I realise that on pitch experience helps players develop, but whenever I have sent players out on loan, they don't seem to have become any better or if they have I don't think they have progressed as fast as they would have done if I had just let them train in my top training facilities with 4.5 star coaching instead of heading off to some bog down in Yeovil to be put through their paces by a wannabe Mike Bassett. (no offense Yeovil fans).

Do young players really benefit that much from going out on loan or will they be fine in my reserve team until they make the breakthrough to the first team?

Mike Basset is the best manager ever. Fact.

It seems like they don't develop properly unless the league you loan them 2 is run on full detail.

That's very true + also I recommend only loaning a young player out if the club guarantees that he will be a valuable member of the first team. Its common sense but sending an 18-21 year old on loan to a lesser club to be a back-up player is totally useless.

This is wrong. The main factor is the reputation of the club and the opposition. Providing the first team opposition have a higher reputation than the reputation of your reserves, your players will be better off going on loan. This generally means one or two divisions lower, no more.

The point is, training doesn't INCREASE CA - it REDISTRIBUTES the CA points gained into the right attributes. Young players staying at your club will gain CA due to age, but they'll gain more playing first team football on loan. Tick the 'can recall' box in case they don't get regular first team experience - THAT would be a waste of time.

The example that I can give is from 08 but still should be relevant. I had an Irish player who was in my reserves and was not sure whether he would make it and i noticed some big clubs offering to loan him, so i loaned him to Real Madrid for the season and he performed great for me at Man Utd the next season and rejected offers of £60m for him and he became my best player.

The moral of my story is that you should never completely write off a player. A good loan deal could be the difference between a first team place and a place in the reserves.

Guest leedsUnited-Beckford

my wife has trust issue with me haha but back on toipc yes i dont loan to any club more then 2 div down from mine

Archived