Getting paid to play Football Manager

I worked out today that I get paid to play around 15 hours of FM every week. Not only am I getting paid while i play but also my gaming experience is better than at home/on my laptop as at work I can play on an enormous plasma TV!!

Just wanted to see how many others (not including SI employees) are in the same boat!!

:D:D

Some companies hire you to test their games and give feedback. SI will do the same. I used to know a female who did this, she hated playing games but likes the job of just sitting doing nothing. You have to write reports etc. Its not just about playing a game and that's it.

Playing it at work doesn't count.

I remember many years ago I had a job with a very bad company where all I used to do was pretend I was doing something and after a while I really didn't have a clue what I was supposed to be doing anyway. One afternoon I came back late from the pub (lunch hour) fell asleep at my desk and woke up at 5pm and nobody had even noticed I had been asleep for 3 hours! I still don't know what I was supposed to have been doing other than turning up.

Is it true that the standard of education in UK classrooms is diminishing?

My teachers were pretty bad but at least they weren't playing football manager when they were supposed to be teaching!

yea, just look at the state of uk, and the number of kids that go on the dole cause they dont have education.

bloody teachers just playing fm

Bit worried about giving too much away as you never know who's reading! LOL. But.... let's say that I teach around 20 lessons a week which equates to around 20 hours of a 40 hour week - take out lunch break and the rest of the time I'm in my super hi-tech class room playing fm on an enormous plasma screen.

And you guys needn't worry about the British kiddies and the state of our education system - I'm on t'other side of the world!!

Bit worried about giving too much away as you never know who's reading! LOL. But.... let's say that I teach around 20 lessons a week which equates to around 20 hours of a 40 hour week - take out lunch break and the rest of the time I'm in my super hi-tech class room playing fm on an enormous plasma screen.

And you guys needn't worry about the British kiddies and the state of our education system - I'm on t'other side of the world!!

So you are basically just using time which you would spend drinking coffee in the teachers' room otherwise :)

Now after defending yourself we pretty much end up with the conclusion that you aren't paid to play FM at all :p

I promise I'm not one of those English teachers. This one is fully qualified and well experienced!! And a damn good Football Manager to boot!!

Gotcha! You knew EXACTLY what I was talking about ;)

I have to be on site 8 am til 8.30 pm but only have 4.5 hours contact time per day, so I'm in your zone. However I only get to use the firm's aircon and internet for free.

Would love a big TV - where are you - China, right?

I remember many years ago I had a job with a very bad company where all I used to do was pretend I was doing something and after a while I really didn't have a clue what I was supposed to be doing anyway. One afternoon I came back late from the pub (lunch hour) fell asleep at my desk and woke up at 5pm and nobody had even noticed I had been asleep for 3 hours! I still don't know what I was supposed to have been doing other than turning up.

I want that job! :D

Sounds intresting. I play Fm at work when not busy. Work in IT. Would be great just to be games tester, did one eveing while working in London for some companybut game was bit rubbish.

It's not that great. I worked as games tester quite a while for Sony and some other smaller games companies. It's pretty hard work and can be really boring at times. It's also pretty much put me off playing console games.

At times it's the best job in the world, but the money's crap and there are long boring periods of playing the same part of the same game over and over and over again. If you end up testing a really crap game it can be pretty rubbish. I played Singstar for two months when I first started, and that was by no means the worst game I tested...

Is your name Homer Simpson lol?

I'd love to be in a position where i could do that. I did sneakily do it once in my previous job when my manager was on holiday lol. Our IT room didn't get people coming in tooo often. I once caught my manager playing some golf game on his PC during work but just kept quiet lol sop i assumed he did the same sorta thing every now and then. Everybody trusts the IT guy, plus nobody is monitoring you because thats your job :p

I want a managers role :(

Is your name Homer Simpson lol?

I'd love to be in a position where i could do that. I did sneakily do it once in my previous job when my manager was on holiday lol. Our IT room didn't get people coming in tooo often. I once caught my manager playing some golf game on his PC during work but just kept quiet lol sop i assumed he did the same sorta thing every now and then. Everybody trusts the IT guy, plus nobody is monitoring you because thats your job :p

I want a managers role :(

lol yeah it's the sort of job that seems fun but is actually quite soul-destroying. My boss was a heavy drinker who used to turn up about twice a week. When I saw him come in I would just start wandering around with a clipboard until he left - he never sussed that I didn't actually do any work.

Archived