50% of next transfer VS 50% future profit fee

I always wondered, which one is better and how exactly does this work? 50% of next transfer obviously works simple and you get half the sum they receive for your ex-player.

But how does the 50% of profit of future transfer works? Say I sell them the player with this clause for 1k. Then they go to sell him for 1 mil. So I get the half of 999.000 ? :D

In this case which is better for selling young players? And are there any strategies you employ to maximize your profit of youngsters?

And I've already read at some places about the option to sell clauses. How does this work? I was unable to find it anywhere or understand how it works at all.

If it was so obvious there wouldn't be that option now would it ? As a lowly division team I'm thinking that selling someone for 5-10k with a future transfer fee is better than half of next transfer. Especially i f that clause (of the profit) carries over his future transfers. Does it?

If it was so obvious there wouldn't be that option now would it ? As a lowly division team I'm thinking that selling someone for 5-10k with a future transfer fee is better than half of next transfer. Especially i f that clause (of the profit) carries over his future transfers. Does it?

It will only be a percentage of the profit on his next transfer, are you thinking that it will be for all future transfers?

Well yes I was left with the impression that that's the clause that does this. For example when Berbatov was sold a few times I think that even his very first club in Bulgaria (not CSKA but even before that Pirin) got some kind of a fee.

yeah obviously 50% of next sale is always going to be more and at least equal to 50% of profit from the next sale.

and way better if its for an aging player who will never be sold for more then you sold him for

player'A; sold for 1m with 50% of profit then sold for 2m you get 1.5m in total for him

same player sold for same price with 50% of next transfer then sold for 2m you get 2m for the player in total

player b sold for 10 m with 50% of profit then sold by next club for 5 mill you get 10 million in total

same player sold for same price with 50%of next transfer then sold for 5 million you get 12.5 million in total

if anyone can come up with a way that 50% of profit gives you more then 50%of next transfer ill pull out my teeth with an aligator

Well yes I was left with the impression that that's the clause that does this. For example when Berbatov was sold a few times I think that even his very first club in Bulgaria (not CSKA but even before that Pirin) got some kind of a fee.

It doesn't work like that in FM. You can see here that it only applies to the next transfer, not any after that.

if anyone can come up with a way that 50% of profit gives you more then 50%of next transfer ill pull out my teeth with an aligator

I think I already know the answer here, but it's worth a shot ;)

What about if the player is sold again with a % or goals/caps clause? Could money brought in via this count as profit but not a transfer fee?

As I saw it:

The 50% of profit from next sale is a way of saying, I think this player will go up in value in the future, it is a clause usually added to younger players poached by bigger teams. A way of the smaller team getting a good return on their youth player if he lives up to his potential.

Teams are more likely to accept this as it means they make more money if they sell him on and it also means that if the player turns out ot be a dud and they off load him for a small fee, they do not end up paying much or anything to the origional team.

Just my opinion.

As I saw it:

The 50% of profit from next sale is a way of saying, I think this player will go up in value in the future, it is a clause usually added to younger players poached by bigger teams. A way of the smaller team getting a good return on their youth player if he lives up to his potential.

Teams are more likely to accept this as it means they make more money if they sell him on and it also means that if the player turns out ot be a dud and they off load him for a small fee, they do not end up paying much or anything to the origional team.

Just my opinion.

yeah club more likley to accept this for a young player as as you say if he goes up in value they will still get what they invested in him back plus some profit if they use the other option they have to sell him for more then double what they got him for just to break even

So in essence I'm doing the right thing by selling them currently on 50% profit. Bummer the clause doesn't carry over for future transfers.

No, you would be better off having 50% of the next fee. That is unless you are selling them for nothing in which case they would be exactly the same.

So in essence I'm doing the right thing by selling them currently on 50% profit. Bummer the clause doesn't carry over for future transfers.

no you want to sell them so that you get 50 percent (or as near as ) of the total next transfer

but if you have to you want to buy players with the profit clause and obviously as lower percentage as possible

its not rocket science guys. if a team buys a players off you for £3m with a 50% profit clause and they sell him for £10m you get £3.5m. £10m they sold for minus £3m they paid for him is £7m profit so you get half of that which is £3.5m.

If you did the same deal but with a 50% of next transfer fee instead you would get half of the £10m which is £5m.

So 50% of next transfer fee is better than 50% of profit from next transfer no matter how you look at it

Big question here: the 50% profit I'm quite sure includes also FUTURE clauses like money after games played, goals etc. right ?

While 50% of next fee includes only the half of the price not these clauses as well? Or is it not that way?

no you get 50% of the sale or 50% of the profit depending on which you choose. if a player hasnt played the set amount of games or scored set amount of goals before he is sold then you lose that part of the deal. They only agree to pay you if he plays x games or scores x goals. if he doesnt you get nothing

That is to find the 50%.
If you sell a player with a 50% of next transfer clause and the buying club then sells him for £10m, you would split it and get £5m each.

Right, let me get my head around this one:

If I have a player and sell him to a club for £7m with a "50% of next transfer" clause included. I get my £7m. Then that club sell the same player 2 years down the line for £14m I will get £7m from that same?

So to make it simple I will always get half of what that player is sold for?

That is to find the 50%.
If you sell a player with a 50% of next transfer clause and the buying club then sells him for £10m, you would split it and get £5m each.

If I have a player and sell him to a club for £7m with a "50% of next transfer" clause included. I get my £7m. Then that club sell the same player 2 years down the line for £14m I will get £7m from that sale?

If I have a player and sell him to a club for £7m with a "50% of next transfer" clause included. I get my £7m. Then that club sell the same player 2 years down the line for £14m I will get £7m from that same?

Yes, that is it.

However, if you switched that to a 50% of profit clause, you would only receive £3.5m from the second transfer.

As I see it 50% of next sale is always going to be better. If anyone can give a good explanation of why the other would be better then I'll break my FM disc.

It never will be. The whole point of this thread was based on the incorrect assumption that % profit clauses included all future transfers, rather than just the next one.

AI are more likely to accept it - not pointless.

I always wondered... If you sell a player with X sell on clause, then his next team does the same, then the third team does, would a transfer to team 4 'filter down' to you?

No.

Team A sells to Team B for £1m + 50% of next sale (Team A gets £1m)

Team B sells to Team C for £2m + 50% of next sale (Team A gets £1m, Team B gets £1m)

Team C sells to Team D for £5m + 50% of next sale (Team B gets £2.5m, Team C gets £2.5m, and Team A gets bugger all)

Similar process (but with different figures) for percentage of profit. Fact is that when Team C sells the player on, Team A is not getting any cash from it.

This has already been covered multiple times in this thread, as early as dafuge saying it in post 5 http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4982515&postcount=5

50% of future transfer of course ..the only way that the two would be equal is if you sold him for 0..

Also you should have in mind that they might not manage to sell him for a profit, at this case you will get nothing..

Archived