Don't know what to do?..

I really want a long term game, but simply don't know what team to manage. Iv tried just about everything, brazil, Argentina, lower league England and Portugal, premiership and la liga, man city and notts county, but just get bored.

Was wondering if anyone could throw a few teams out in the open that provide excellent long term saves.

Thank you

• SI Staff

Try to get a Turkish team to CL glory. Go for last season's surprise club Sivasspor (in qualifying for the CL) or Trabzonspor who are in the Europa League.

Or you could be really brave and go for a smaller top-level club that didn't qualify for Europe such as Antalyaspor or Kayserispor.

You may not know many of the players., but that's the challenge!

I really want a long term game, but simply don't know what team to manage. Iv tried just about everything, brazil, Argentina, lower league England and Portugal, premiership and la liga, man city and notts county, but just get bored.

Was wondering if anyone could throw a few teams out in the open that provide excellent long term saves.

Thank you

Start unemployed, AFC Wimbledon, Luton Town ive had great fun with theese 2 teams, eithere try to re-build the ol crazy gang, or re-build Luton Town with 10,000 ( Blue Sq Prem) capacity stadium already in place.

Norway.

Ok, so it may sound like somewhere you never considered but I find it a lot of fun.

I had a long term game as Skarp manager in FM08 and just started as manager of KFUM Oslo in FM10. If you can get out of the second division and stay out then I think you're doing quite well.

My goal is to improve my Oslo team and hopefully get snapped up by a bigger Norwegian team. Then it's on to the big time and European recognition. Ultimately a job in one of the big leagues and some glory.

It depends how long term and how small you want to start off but Norway is a surprising amount of fun.

I've just started what will hopefully be my first successful journeyman career. Simple set up really, just start unemployed and holiday until you get an offer from a random club you would never have chosen, with the aim of eventually getting a move to your favoured league/club through performance, rather than just picking them straight up.

I was offered a job in November first season by Aachen, in the German Second Division. There's no way I would have chosen them, and I have to say it's so far been one of my most enjoyable saves for a good few years. Took over when we were in the relegation zone, managed to get them up to 8th by the end of the season. Given a small transfer budget, but it's enough to get a few prospects in. Plan is to get them promoted, then see where I can move on to.

I'm thinking there is more fun to be had in moving around clubs, rather than just sticking with the same club for decades..

I've just started what will hopefully be my first successful journeyman career. Simple set up really, just start unemployed and holiday until you get an offer from a random club you would never have chosen, with the aim of eventually getting a move to your favoured league/club through performance, rather than just picking them straight up.

Yes, I should point out that both my Norway saves have been as an unemployed manager with semi-pro experience. The first time out it was chance that saw me move to Norway. This time out I was looking to start in Norway and applied to Norwegian clubs.

Unemployed is a good start.

Thank you

icreated my own side on editor

Thank you

Palermo!!!!!!

Archived