When do you hard tackle players/teams?

Originally posted by gmb01512:

I use it if theres one player in particular i know gets wound up easily.

I used it on Wayne Rooney and he got sent off for retaliation and used it on Craig Bellamy and he got injured after 15 mins (Whoops lol)

Ahahhaha

Originally posted by lacoste8030:

I tell my whole team to use hard tackling all the time.

whs, as long as they have a good tackling attribute it shouldnt result in a massive amount of cardage

1. When I'm chasing the game and go all out attack. I also "always" close down and tackle hard.

2. When a playmaker is running the game for the other side or breezing past my midfield. I'll set opposition instructions to always close him down tackle him hard ... unless he's incredible fast.

Good for low bravery players unless they have a good set-piece taker which means it can backfire (had that once, someone hard-tackling Danny Welbeck and scored 2 free-kicks, what fools).

I don't know if it helps, but I do see an improvement for corners if you hard tackle goalkeepers with almost no card penalty.

Hard tackling playmakers even with high bravery is always worth it, too.

And best of all, hard tackle injury-prone players.

Originally posted by longdon:

When do you hard tackle players/teams?

stevie g and my two center backs are always set to hard tackling on my games.

i may make someone else hard tackle and man mark a player i dont like just to injure them. i might get two people on the same person if i really hate them.

I tend to use hard takcling against players with a high aggression (over 15)/low composure (under 10) combination, this gets them wound up and can result in retaliatory yellows and even red's.

Mixed tackling is handy for creative midfielders/forwards with low bravery/low aggression this tends to make them think about going in for a 50/50 ball and can see them either

A) not try to hard to get the ball

or

b) over commit in error and get injured.

wazz

I use hard tackling all the time when playing against teams with a world supertsar in the line up.

Last season I put Ronaldo out for 3 months and Lampard out for 2, missing the champions league final. But I wouldn't recommend implementing it using a player that doesnt have exceptional tackling stats.

Archived