Lost interest lately, anyone else?

I've lost interest because I'm waiting for the third patch.

But really, if it seems monotonous to you right now, then there's nothing wrong with taking a break and doing other things. Come back when 10.3 comes out. :)

For some reason over the last 2 years I have just lost interest in FM altogether i'm not sure why I don't know if it is because I always manage in the English leagues or what.. But I seem to get bored?

Anyone else get this ?

Yeah I'd say I've lost the 'love' since FM2005. Not becasue the game is worse - it has very much advanced in many ways - buts its an age thing for me and can I really justify spending hours on a computer game!

lol nothing to do with my age im only just 16 now, ive been played the last 8 CM/FMS and the last 3 ive struggled with i think for me its because im a Manchester city fan and before it was a challenge to win the title with city now its not all that incredible infact its quite boring being city now, lets get torres fabregas ribery and Messi in 3 years and win everything just isnt for me in a "ENJOYABLE longish term save" my advice is to try a atletico madrid orr AC milan somone who isnt favourite for their league and attempt to build them up as a Manchester city with big money to spend every summer great squad. going abroad got my motiv back

i have never matured

I'm 38 n still canin it big time. Me mrs will probably argue its the secret to a happy marriage, she never sees me so I dont p1ss her off.

She saw it the other day n said "Oh, so its not dots any more then"

Proper made me giggle considering this years save game is at 9 days 7 hours and 26 minutes. Me excuse is, she works nights.

Anyway, back on topic, I lost interest maybe 08 (ish) purely based on being Derby every single year, tried Notts County this year and having the best game I've had in years on it.

STILL havent tried Mexico, every year I have the league switched on and never get round to it. Maybe after I leave Notts. 2017 as we speak

a `real' week to do a season is about bang on what it takes me n all, caned for 3 nights then dipped into sometimes in the other 4.

Sleep? Who needs it? Plus, got Australian Open tennis goin off all night over me shoulder at the mo

haha its not dots anymore :-p. it takes me about a week to do a season even if im playing non-stop. might have something to do with my obsessive saving ritual. the games precious you know hehe

lol. saved 291 times so far, love how it keeps track this year! Every fortnight plus when I nip out for a fag. Plus backups every verse end. And I'm guessing you've still got old save games tucked away somewhere? Mate you're never goin to use em. No more than I'll ever use mine. Or me player stats n league tables I save as webpages/notepads every season....I've not even got a printer ffs :)

it takes me about a week to do a season as i have a life unlike a few on here (no names). then i have about a week break from the game. stops me from ever getting bored of the game

If you can do a season in a week then you have much less of a life than you think, my friend.

That is an intense week, you either have a part-time job or a limited social circle.

I'm on about 3 weeks a season, although I do mince around tactics and scouting and team selection.

You must just skip to matches.

If you can do a season in a week then you have much less of a life than you think, my friend.

That is an intense week, you either have a part-time job or a limited social circle.

I'm on about 3 weeks a season, although I do mince around tactics and scouting and team selection.

Could just be a student

I've lost interest because I'm waiting for the third patch.

But really, if it seems monotonous to you right now, then there's nothing wrong with taking a break and doing other things. Come back when 10.3 comes out. :)

Seconded...

currently not working until mid february so loads of spare time. i do have the matches on very fast but dont skip any. i dont change much during the season either apart from the starting line up. playing this game is basically my job atm and then i go out the rest of the time

currently not working until mid february so loads of spare time. i do have the matches on very fast but dont skip any. i dont change much during the season either apart from the starting line up. playing this game is basically my job atm and then i go out the rest of the time

Fair answer.

Kin hell now you've made me feel like I have no life...I work 6 days a week, and for 7 hours a night 3 nights of the week I play FM and the rest of the week am with me wife n son. FM is ME time when my son is fast asleep dreaming of Katie from his school

For those fed up with FM, seems like a new challenge is called for. Sure managing your favourite team can be fun but in the past 2 years I have never managed them.

The Welsh league is tough, Athletic Bilbao are also tough to manage (only Basque players), finally try creating your own league or donwload someone elses, there are plenty of real and fictional leagues in the editors forum to download. Try the World Super League.

Kin hell now you've made me feel like I have no life...I work 6 days a week, and for 7 hours a night 3 nights of the week I play FM and the rest of the week am with me wife n son. FM is ME time when my son is fast asleep dreaming of Katie from his school

I do like FM and I spend a good bit of time on it but not 21 hours a week, and I have 3 kids on top of the M. I still get whinged at from Her though.

I do like FM and I spend a good bit of time on it but not 21 hours a week, and I have 3 kids on top of the M. I still get whinged at from Her though.

Wow how lucky am I then? 3 kids must be a never ending job I'm sure. My wife goes to work at 7pm 3 nights a week n my son's autistic and only 10 so bedtime to him is at a certain time of day n after that am kickin me feet unless I'm mixing tunes or playing Left 4 Dead 2. I think me wife thinks `better this than the pub' n this is pence per hour I spose. £100 quid n I'd still buy it I reckon, I must be their dream customer lol.

oh $h1t did I say that last bit out loud?

Archived