My Fans are so Stupid

I am manager of Middlesbrough, we are 2nd in the league winning 9 from 9, the only team above us is Manchester City who have +26 Goal Difference compared to our +15.

Man City average almost winning by 3 goals a game.

Our Next fixture is Man City Away and after the back of a hard-earned draw away at AC Milan in Midweek im feeling confident, but still decide to go with Defensive Tactics to try and stop Man City who have also scored 30 goals so far this season from their 9 games.

On paper, we are outmatched most places on the pitch, but we have Arshavin who i thought would add some experience to my fairly young team.

We Kick Off........and after 14 minutes we are 1-0 down to a Joleon Lescott header, at this time I thought we were going to get a thrasing.

But under pressure and only having one shot on target it was half time, 1-0 down. I make two changes, bringing Marouane Fellaini and Andrey Arshavin on.

Tevez goes through on the 64th minute mark and hits the post, but we are still in it and only 1 goal down i changed our tactics to a more attacking fashion.

On the 75th minute, Arshavin centres the ball to Fellaini on the edge of the area who then scores with a beautiful curling shot.

Then 15 minutes of pressure came, which involved Man City missing 2 clear cut chances, and on the 90th minute my RIght Winger makes a shocking mistake as he loses the ball near the halfway line while we try to counter attack. With a few passes and a through ball, Adebayor is one on one with our goalkeeper (at this time im shouting at my computer, hoping he misses) and only just narrowly puts it over the bar.

Despite Man City expected to win the league and we are expected to come 6th, I was very pleased with the hard earned draw by our players.

Yet the fans are disappointed with the result, I mean WHAT THE HELL!!!!!:rolleyes:

Me, I'm Arsenal and I hate my fans (In game of course).

I'm 2nd just behind Chelsea and battling with Liverpool and Man U for 2nd.

It's not a matter of them being entirely disappointed with me but everything is set to Okay.

I've got to the League Cup final against Chelsea, I'm in the 6th round against Tottenham/Preston. And i've reached the 1st Knockout round in the Champions League and I face Barca.. I'm Losing 3-2 on Aggregate so far..

I'm doing my best but nothing seems to please these fans. I'll be honest my situation really isn't as bad as you, But I just wish the fans would be a little bit more pleasing at how i'm doing because I really am doing rather well.

It's not a matter of them being entirely disappointed with me but everything is set to Okay.

I've got to the League Cup final against Chelsea, I'm in the 6th round against Tottenham/Preston. And i've reached the 1st Knockout round in the Champions League and I face Barca.. I'm Losing 3-2 on Aggregate so far..

I'm doing my best but nothing seems to please these fans. I'll be honest my situation really isn't as bad as you, But I just wish the fans would be a little bit more pleasing at how i'm doing because I really am doing rather well.

Do the board back you? As long as they do you will be fine

long version:

fans opinion is the most ******** feature in the game, they're always saying the opposite of reality (fm reality ofc).

i win 1-0 at home to a bigger team in champs and they're disapointed, i win 0-1 outside against bigger team in champs and they're disapointed, i draw outside against an equal team in champs and they're happy...

i sell one player from main squad that isn0t an icon or favourite staff and they are happy but when i sell someone who came from loan after end season 1 and never actually played for me they get disapointed...

short version:

ignore fans reaction

as an arsenal fan would you not expect them to be pushing for the league, possibly final of the league cup, still in the fa cup and ko stages of the champs league come february. You wouldnt be delighted with that would you. you would expect it. this is probably why the fans see it as only ok in the game

take no notice of the fans. they moaned at me for releasing 43 year old steve claridge, moaned at me for not picking a player even tho he was injured, moan even if we beat a good team, etc. if they knew what they were talking about then i would listen

I lost 3-2 away to Real Madrid in the CL group stages with Spartak Moscow. We were 2-0, got back to 2-2 and lost in the 89th minute. We ran them close at home and caused ManUre the same sort of problems in our games against them. With the other team in our group being PSG we weren't even expected to qualify for the europa league but I drew with them home and away which kept us third on head to head (threw away a 2-0 lead away and drew 1-1 at home). Were the fans happy? Nope.

On the plus side I don't feel too bad about poaching my star players now I've moved on.

i got middlesborough promoted through playoffs (missing out on auto on goal difference to forest) and the the first season im up and they want a mid table finish??? i was thinking what ****ing idiots

then i lose to chelsea and liverpool away and the fans are devastated... so i tried to apply for the villa job and o neil started to win his games :(

it seems next season there gonna want me to win the premiership

Mine to are daft, I think SI should actually tone this down abit as the fans do have unrealistic expectations.

I am with Hull City and they are disapointed with losses to Man U, Arseanl etc...

As a Hull fan that would not happen in the real world. To get beat by 2 or 3 would be a good result in my eyes against the big 4

make you decision with 100% focus on what both boards wants and 100% ignore on the fans

well even the board wanted a respectable league position as the minimum requirement in the first season up!

if i hadnt signed such good youngsters i would of got relegated for sure

I'm Forest and won the PL in my first season (rather unexpectedly because Chelsea slipped up against Fulham and I beat Liverpool on the last day). I'd battled my way into the FA Cup final after edging out Liverpool (again) on penalties and faced the daunting task of Arsenal in the final.

Sure enough, they're all over us and Nasri eventually scores and Arsenal clinch the trophy. I was only expected to reach the 5th round so I'm still considering that a major achievement but no, the fans disagree. They claim that it's an aberration and they are bitterly disappointed. Can't please some!

I'm Forest and won the PL in my first season (rather unexpectedly because Chelsea slipped up against Fulham and I beat Liverpool on the last day). I'd battled my way into the FA Cup final after edging out Liverpool (again) on penalties and faced the daunting task of Arsenal in the final.

Sure enough, they're all over us and Nasri eventually scores and Arsenal clinch the trophy. I was only expected to reach the 5th round so I'm still considering that a major achievement but no, the fans disagree. They claim that it's an aberration and they are bitterly disappointed. Can't please some!

Forest won the PL in the first season? are you years into the game and took over them or something?

As Leicester, they were dissapointed after an away draw at Celtic (friendly). Doesn't quite make sense.

Also, selling a player that was barely good enough for my reserves (and also over 20) really annoyed them. He got bought by Port Vale, that's how much of a "prospect" he was.

stopped caring ages ago about what fans thinks, if ur playing well and still loosing, they will be pleased.. well rightfully so

if your playing bad and loosing they will be disappointed. it doesn't matter if its 20th spot team vs first..

but its realistic in a way , only beef is when you dominate game yet go even.. noone cares if i made 25 attempts they made 5, they will be disappointed.. well i cant beat supper keepers can i :(

Here's something I hate about the fans on this. They say something stupid after a loss that x player should have played instead of y.

I've had this more than once.... when Player X didn't play because he was suspended due to a red card or yellow-card accumulation.

Maybe fans are not disappointed just another definition is missing, like: " oooooo we came so close if xy could score that sitter we could have won...."

or

they are disappointed because you did almost nothing on that game and let city dominate all the way.

Archived