backroom advice-pointless feature?

I was given advice such as - the Opposition concede goals between 70 and 90 minutes , they play at a slow tempo etc,,, etc,,,I took it on board and got pumped 3 -0!

Ive now done two seasons and havent attended one since that original meeting. Personally i think the advice is utterly useless.

DO you? or maybe you think it is great?

Discuss.

I ignore any information about when teams score ... I consider that irrelevant until shown otherwise. I also ignore any advice where the second opinion disagrees with the first. That leaves useful stuff ... I might move my d-line up a bit on their advice, and it's good to know if my team gets complacent against certain opponents. I also tend to do what is suggested re: praising players etc.

It matters that I am managing a crap club (Neath) and thus have crap staff. I can't take them too seriously for that reason. But the concept is a good one.

I was given advice such as - the Opposition concede goals between 70 and 90 minutes , they play at a slow tempo etc,,, etc,,,I took it on board and got pumped 3 -0!

Ive now done two seasons and havent attended one since that original meeting. Personally i think the advice is utterly useless.

DO you? or maybe you think it is great?

Discuss.

It will more than likely depend on the skills of you backroom staff as well. I replaced most of my staff as I felt they were giving me duff advise.

I only pay attention to what my backroom staff say about width and tempo, and tend to follow their advice about what my opposition struggles against and play that way, or what my opposition like playing against and play the exact opposite way, having a good season with Port Vale doing it this way.

Backroom advice has been priceless for me.

Most of my signings have been through my staff.

A good win vs a Premier League side as a League One outfit was by the use of my assistant manager advice.

I also had a player who had bad crossing, played on the left but was right footed, and he was advised to cut inside, and hes been a gem now.

Well if you completely switch your usual tactic by following everything the advice says about what the opposition plays well/poorly against you are probably going to lose. Playing to your strengths is more important than playing the oppositions weaknesses

Is it possible to disable this function ??

I'd like this - I do my own scouting in my own "spare time" and know how to prepare my tactics against my opponents. I also know how I want my players to develop. I don't need my backroom staff to help - if I need it, I'll ask (i.e. scout report/coaching report/physio report).

There's a few problems, like getting reminded to hold a meeting despite the staff not having anything to say or advice that I've dismissed popping up again. But other than that I like it. If you don't then just ignore it, only those annoying "hey you haven't held a meeting in a while" reminders to deal with - which will hopefully be fixed/changed.

Haven't checked what they say during a game. Perhaps I should. Then again, the coaches at the level I'm at now are crap so maybe not.

Archived