How do I get players to loose weight?

FM1000 is right, neither weight or height has any effect on the match engine. A player though with a high weight though will most probably have a low pace stat though, as a player who is small will probably have bad jumping stats, they do effect the match engine.

Height acts as a limit on a players max jumping stat (try setting a player's jumping to 20 and his height to something very low in the editor and see what happens).

Weight is a function of natural fitness (as far as i can tell). Players with high natural fitness will loose the weight over time while players with low natural fitness will gain it over time.

Height acts as a limit on a players max jumping stat (try setting a player's jumping to 20 and his height to something very low in the editor and see what happens).

Weight is a function of natural fitness (as far as i can tell). Players with high natural fitness will loose the weight over time while players with low natural fitness will gain it over time.

thats not correct you can have a 4ft player with jumping of 20.

It shouldn't. Are you sure this isn't caused by PA/CA?

It's to do with the fact that the 'jumping' attribute, isn't just about jumping.

It's about how far the player can get his head off the ground.

So Peter Crouch has a high jumping stat because he's massive and so his head has a high starting point.

Someone like Messi has a low jumping attribute, even though he might be able to jump higher than Crouch, because Messi's head is never going to get as high.

The reason for this, is that the ME doesn't take account of height, so the jumping attribute has to instead.

Hope that clears it up.

It shouldn't. Are you sure this isn't caused by PA/CA?

No, it does. However, I think this only happens at the start of the game. Using FMRTE or getting a regen can result in height not relating to jumping.

The above are correct- height and weight have no effect on the match engine.

It's to do with the fact that the 'jumping' attribute, isn't just about jumping.

It's about how far the player can get his head off the ground.

So Peter Crouch has a high jumping stat because he's massive and so his head has a high starting point.

Someone like Messi has a low jumping attribute, even though he might be able to jump higher than Crouch, because Messi's head is never going to get as high.

The reason for this, is that the ME doesn't take account of height, so the jumping attribute has to instead.

Hope that clears it up.

Well that's what I was saying. The poster above me said that the game automatically reduces the jumping attribute for small players. I suppose that's nonsense?

Well that's what I was saying. The poster above me said that the game automatically reduces the jumping attribute for small players. I suppose that's nonsense?

I don't know if it does, but I'd expect it to.

it must be think about cahill, cannanvaro

There's ongoing debate about Cahill and other examples, but i'm not sure what the plan of action is.

please link to end this debate and so I can put Nolan back on the normal training sessions

PLEASE

Hm let's see... how would he go about finding said threads?

Oh yes, he would use the search function. Now, wouldn't it be an idea if you tried it instead? That way you wouldn't have to inconvenience somebody else because of your illogical disbelief.

Or you could, y'know, just let him do it.

Hm let's see... how would he go about finding said threads?

Oh yes, he would use the search function. Now, wouldn't it be an idea if you tried it instead? That way you wouldn't have to inconvenience somebody else because of your illogical disbelief.

Or you could, y'know, just let him do it.

Okay will do.

Thanks for your slightly more pointless post:thdn:

I laughed out loud when I read this as I am currently on it. 24 pounds lost in 4 months, by the way - down to 161. :thup:

Excellent, now you can run faster and jump higher, no wait a minute it will make no difference :D

Lyrical - It will make NO difference

Training is for a players attributes. Real life height and weight make NO in game difference but would have been taken into account assessing player attributes when set by the reasearchers

So in summary, just forget about weight

I think it does make a difference on the match-engine - in the sense that fat players appear fatter?

I thought there was an image where someone made everyone (using FMRTE) heavyweight midgets so they appeared as fat, flat blobs.

Cheers Mr Pompey appreciate your post Meanwhile Braenn you make me think of the good old Boyzone song "you say it best...."

Fat boy Nolan back on normal midfield schedule.

So wait, you accept it when he tells you but when countless people before you tell you the same things you're unsure?

I laughed out loud when I read this as I am currently on it. 24 pounds lost in 4 months, by the way - down to 161. :thup:
Cheers Mr Pompey appreciate your post Meanwhile Braenn you make me think of the good old Boyzone song "you say it best...."

Fat boy Nolan back on normal midfield schedule.

No problem - Good luck with the game

I think it does make a difference on the match-engine - in the sense that fat players appear fatter?

I thought there was an image where someone made everyone (using FMRTE) heavyweight midgets so they appeared as fat, flat blobs.

100% it doesn't impact the game processing

It does affect the graphical representation e.g. Crouch has a taller graphic - but thats it just the graphic and absolutely nothing in the game engine

e.g. you had a 20 stone midget, would he run slow......not if his accelleration and pace attributes were high....this make sense?

Height clearly plays a part for instance in headers

then what is the point in weight then?

At a guess weight would probably be a factor in strength, similar to height being a factor in jumping.

As a previous poster has stated- the jumping attribute is the height that a player can reach with his head

So if peter crouch (6'7") and michael Owen (5'9") can both jump a foot they will reach 7'7" and 6'9" respectively.

I Dont know the exact measurements but I would say that someone who is 14 stone would be stronger than someone who is 10 stone.

At a guess weight would probably be a factor in strength, similar to height being a factor in jumping.

As a previous poster has stated- the jumping attribute is the height that a player can reach with his head

So if peter crouch (6'7") and michael Owen (5'9") can both jump a foot they will reach 7'7" and 6'9" respectively.

I Dont know the exact measurements but I would say that someone who is 14 stone would be stronger than someone who is 10 stone.

again yr missing the point, in the match engine if 2 players were 10 stone and 14 stone with strength of 15, they would be identical strength wise, the match engine does NOT take weight or height into consideration. :(

when the game is coded the reserchers take into consideration the players height and weight in order to give them the correct strength and jumping attributes!

Archived