Skins for FM 2010

Will it be possible for one of the skin makers to make a skin similar to the current fm for 2010, I don't like the new skin used in pictures, I prefer the current side panel etc. Will this be possible or will we have to stick with the deafult ***** :thdn:

I doubt that anyone would be able to remodel the whole look of FM10 to once again have a tree (side panel) there will plenty of skins though. I may be wrong there are some out there a lot better than me that might be able to do it.

Wait n see what happens when the demo/game is released. no doubt someone will have a go at making a similar skin to what youre looking for. but to condemn the new one without even trying it seems a wee bit harsh, to say the least...

• SI Staff
I doubt that anyone would be able to remodel the whole look of FM10 to once again have a tree (side panel) there will plenty of skins though. I may be wrong there are some out there a lot better than me that might be able to do it.

It's actually pretty easy to do. Or was the last time I looked.

There are also extra benefits this year from installing via STEAM. One of these will be a STEAM exclusive skin, which is an updated version of the FM09 skin (including tree menu) which will be available a few weeks after launch.

Can't SI open this upto all customers?

The point is to make players use Steam. Steam maybe even pays SI to make a Steam exclusive skin.

I agree with Sean lufc, not being able to get this skin with a boxed copy of FM is skinism.

Like I understood it you can, all you need to do is install it via steam, not actually buy it via steam.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Will it be possible for one of the skin makers to make a skin similar to the current fm for 2010, I don't like the new skin used in pictures, I prefer the current side panel etc. Will this be possible or will we have to stick with the deafult ***** :thdn:

Yes it will (from everything I've heard). There will probably be quite a few sidebar type skins, as people are comfortable with that layout (remember all the kerfuffles whenever SI have changed the layout in the past?) and the new layout is, on the face of it, more restrictive in terms of 'effects' and that (certainly from my early efforts at knocking something new up, but hopefully that'll change once I get th egame and some inspiration strikes.)

or boxism ;~)

or just ... jism! LOL.

Seriously though, a very popular skin type theme (apart from those that include licenesed material that SI can not use withing the product proper) are those that have the player photos & profile in the form of a mock football sticker / trading card. Could SI please start to offer one of these "in the box" or post a youtube style vid for non PC-techy types like me as even downloading third party skins is a daunting task that I do not have the confidence to attempt at present! :-(

Seriously though, a very popular skin type theme (apart from those that include licenesed material that SI can not use withing the product proper) are those that have the player photos & profile in the form of a mock football sticker / trading card.
Those aren't actually part of a skin - they're a different style of player face packs, which are released separate to skins.
Could SI please start to offer one of these "in the box" or post a youtube style vid for non PC-techy types like me as even downloading third party skins is a daunting task that I do not have the confidence to attempt at present! :-(

One of the skinning forum mods has made a youtube vid on this already from what I recall. It's one of the stickied threads in the skinning hideout if that's of any use to you.

Edit: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=37980

Those aren't actually part of a skin - they're a different style of player face packs, which are released separate to skins.

One of the skinning forum mods has made a youtube vid on this already from what I recall. It's one of the stickied threads in the skinning hideout if that's of any use to you.

Thanks for the feedback, very useful. Have selected fantastic new skin and downloaded the file, but now I find I dont have 7zip and am having problems downloading it. EXACTLY the kind of reason I havent used 3rd party skins before. Am very, VERY frustrated!!!!!

F'fin great!!!!! Just did all that like in the video, didnt get the new skin, but FM09 skin has turned into white and yellow font on a light grey background - yeuk!. Easy to skin?, jeez you have GOT to be takin the pi$$.

F'fin great!!!!! Just did all that like in the video, didnt get the new skin, but FM09 skin has turned into white and yellow font on a light grey background - yeuk!. Easy to skin?, jeez you have GOT to be takin the pi$$.

I had a problem like that the first time I installed a new skin on FM09 - fixed it after some advice from the skinning wizards (I'll try to find a link for you now, you could be having the same problem). It may seem like a rubbish piece of advice, but if you're having any issues adding custom graphics or skins to FM, ask in the skinning hideout - the helpers there really are top class.

I had a problem like that the first time I installed a new skin on FM09 - fixed it after some advice from the skinning wizards (I'll try to find a link for you now, you could be having the same problem). It may seem like a rubbish piece of advice, but if you're having any issues adding custom graphics or skins to FM, ask in the skinning hideout - the helpers there really are top class.

Thanks, I do appreciate that. Felt it wouldnt be an easy task to start with and was really annoyed when it went wrong. The default FM2008 skin still works for now but I am missing out on a lot of potential at present.

Found the link: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65564

Might be worth a shot.

Thanks. Cannot believe SI allowed this kind of pig's garbage to occur. Very, very shoddy, especially as i keep hearing how "skinnable" the game is. Yeah, skinnable if you don't mind searching out and downloading fixes for the problems it creates!. Thank God FM10 will have an out of the box dark skin (after 2 years of the Community demanding it).

It has put me off skinning, I can tell you.

[

Quote:

There are also extra benefits this year from installing via STEAM. One of these will be a STEAM exclusive skin, which is an updated version of the FM09 skin (including tree menu) which will be available a few weeks after launch.

I wouldn't be surprised if it appeared on sortitoutsi or the skinning forum pretty soon after release.

You should be able to authenticate with steam, search for the FM09 skin files in program files, copy and paste it to another location on your PC, then uninstall FM and steam and re-install FM without using steam, putting the FM09 skin files in the appropriate location. That's if you were that desperate to get the FM09 skin but avoid steam in the long run. I'm sure close to no one will actually do that though.

OK, hissy fit over. Have downloaded accessible versions of 3 skins now (config file was missing before!). Just a point, I like the appearances & understand tabs being moved around but it frustrates me when I find an awesome looking skin but cannot get the "form" data to appear in the "selection" screen. Would be nice if those sort of changes were less the norm, would make more skins like-for-like alternatives, though maybe I am being a bit reactionary there!.

• SI Staff
You should be able to authenticate with steam, search for the FM09 skin files in program files, copy and paste it to another location on your PC, then uninstall FM and steam and re-install FM without using steam, putting the FM09 skin files in the appropriate location. That's if you were that desperate to get the FM09 skin but avoid steam in the long run. I'm sure close to no one will actually do that though.

Unless we encrypt them ;)

Loads of excellent skins will be rigged up by the Skinning/Graphics forum gurus. Simple to download and install. Just wait a little.

.... Well said.... Find your guru and wait for his creation. So, I will buy the game but put it on a shelf 'til Smurfdude (hail to the master... :D) will release "THE" skin... Flex2010, of course :thup:

Archived