You actuall get a knigthood

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:

Or even if you dont,something like an MBE or OBE.

Take a look after i retired after 24 years,this message came.take a look at the pic

copy n paste

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1943/mbeqh3.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice touch good for you

Not actually a knighthood though. Just a 'lifetime achievment award' given by the 'football community'

I must be at the God Calls Me God (GCMG) stage, if Fergie gets a knighthood for 1 fluky CL win, I've got 3 dominant ones.

Awards are open to any country, if the Queen isn't head of state then it is an honorary award. Bill Gates, Bono, Bob Geldof are all honorary knights and Arsene Wenger is an obe I think.

Some countries laws prevent their citizens from accepting awards from other reigning monarchs. In the USA each award has to be cleared by congress first.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neilb242:

Wasn't Don Bradman knighted? And he is of course Australian.

think there are honourary knighthoods. Or maybe your country had to be in the Empire? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Australia is under the british monarchy i believe, or at least was at the time of Don Bradman, so Australians could receive MBE`s etc by the Queen Of England just like British people can.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Sir Bob Geldof - Irish icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's just a nickname. he is not actually allow to use the title "Sir"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by djhdjh:

Not actually a knighthood though. Just a 'lifetime achievment award' given by the 'football community'

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing to do with knighthoods I'm afraid.

I shouldn't think it's much more than a fancy retirement bash with the presentation of a commemorative plaque instead of a gold watch.

Nice touch though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Premiership:

To get a Knighthood or OBE or MBE you have to be in the commonwealth.

Some peopl who arnt in the commonwealth can get a special award which is called KBE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NZ is excluded now. Are they not part of the commonwealth? Not sure they are.

us Aussies cant get knighted anymore because of a stupid prime minister we had over 30 years ago called gough whitlam and he was a ****, he outlawed us being knighted for some reason but im half english so i can still get knighted if i ever become famous.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by person12:

Wow. This topic has over 1000 views and only 18 replies... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

18 replies is pretty good!

Especially as the topic title is incorrect.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gubbs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Premiership:

Some peopl who arnt in the commonwealth can get a special award which is called KBE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NZ is excluded now. Are they not part of the commonwealth? Not sure they are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NZ is still part of the commonwealth, but we now have our own awards we give out.

If they were to do something like that in future versions then they should allow you the option of refusing an honour. I personally would refuse any award from the British Monarchy or any other institution I dont respect.

What the hell is OBE, MBE and KBE. For damed republicans is hard to decode these cryptic mesages.

:-))))).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamping:

If they were to do something like that in future versions then they should allow you the option of refusing an honour. I personally would refuse any award from the British Monarchy or any other institution I dont respect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Curse on you, damned republican. :-))))))

I will be realy awesome if someone can recive knighood or something similiar in game, and is here certain chance it will be rejected by goverment (depended on law in country) and finaly- you have posibility to reject this honor too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamping:

If they were to do something like that in future versions then they should allow you the option of refusing an honour. I personally would refuse any award from the British Monarchy or any other institution I dont respect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lots of people don't respect the FA, EPL, etc etc. So we should have the option to reject Manager of the Month, Manager of the Year, and other awards?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Synergy6:

Lots of people don't respect the FA, EPL, etc etc. So we should have the option to reject Manager of the Month, Manager of the Year, and other awards? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For the likes of the EPL etc. I could see that there may be an obligation but when it comes to awards outside of football then we have the right to refuse do we not?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:

Or even if you dont,something like an MBE or OBE.

Take a look after i retired after 24 years,this message came.take a look at the pic

copy n paste

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1943/mbeqh3.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't get too excited. You guys (assuming you are from UK icon_wink.gif) got given MBEs for winning the ashes in 2005! Now look at you...Having trouble in NZ too!

icon_razz.gif

Joking for those short tempered english cricket fans out there. oh...and notice how i neglected to mention our recent defeat to India in the 1 dayers too....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kvadruple:

What the hell is OBE, MBE and KBE. For damed republicans is hard to decode these cryptic mesages.

:-))))). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OBE is either Order of the British Empire or Officer of the British Empire, I forget which.

MBE is Member of the British Empire

KBE is Knight of the British Empire - Sir

Archived