Transfer Tips

Does anyoen have tips for buying players.

I tried buying Aquilani with Liverpool, and despite him saying he wants to join, and be offering 15 Million up front with 5 extra Million over 12 months, + 25% OF NEXT SALE, he still never joined.

Transfer tips = Don't pay over the odds for players, keep an eye on the "transfer list" and you'll find plenty of bargains, quite often you'll get world class players for knock down fees.

Aquilani is an excellent player, but there are players out there who are just as good and would cost far less than £20m (in game).

But say I am really keen on buying a player, what things (within my power) can I do to persuade them to sell. And I don't want to jsut keep boosting how much money I give.

To be honest, you can't, with exception to unsettling him, but getting a home-grown player to want to leave a high-rep club is unlikely.

I know you don't want to spend more money, but adding the international and league appearances clauses means your offer gets better but you won't pay so much upfront, you'll only pay out a few years down the line.

Your finding it very difficult to buy exceptional players from big clubs, that's how it should be tbh. If you aim a bit lower then signing players will be easy, but you're expecting too much if you expect to be able to sign anyone without bumping the price up.

It really does come down to who you want to sign. Getting the big players to sign for you is almost impossible if either the club or the player don't want to do the deal. Big teams have no reason to need to sell their players and most big players are on huge contracts at respected clubs so it becomes more and more difficult to attract them. Players at slightly lower reputation clubs are more likely to want to join you, and those clubs are more likely to need the money.

I've recently started playing a game in the lower leagues and what's interesting is the sheer number of players that are interested in signing for a virtually unkown team in the Spanish second tier. Why? I can offer them more money than they're getting at their current club, or a more important role in the team, or they can move from a top club in a less well-known nation to a Spanish club that might get them noticed more easily int he future. The greater choice of players to sign also helps - if I lose out on one transfer there's usually a couple of other targets in my price range I can go after. If you're trying to sign Villa and you can't that doesn't leave much in the way of second options.

when you search tick the assistant manager filter box and the players on that list will join you

They are realistic target, not guaranteed purchases. Your assistant may think that he would be itnerested, that doesn't mean the player will definitely be interested.

It also doesn't mean the club wants to sell him. When the assistant says he's a realistic target that only means the player himself will probably agree to join. You still need to have a bid accepted, which is usually the biggest stumbling block.

It also only looks at the player's value, as opposed to the potential transfer fee. So player's that aren't desperate for a move and command a very high transfer fee will still be on that list

EDIT: Kind of what Mike J said :)

Your never likely to get a player like Aquilani for that money without them being unsettled first, unless hes transfer listed.

Only way of unsettling is by putting a bid in (and seeing if the player reacts when they reject), or by praising the player through player interaction.

The Villa bid you put in, isnt one id personally accept myself anyway. Again ive never had a bid accepted for a player when ive offered a player that they arent interested in. (Tells you this on the transfer screen) So if Valencia werent interested in Hargreaves then cant see that ever being accepted.

If the player is interested in signing.

Take him off your shortlist, and look at his contract. Set a date for January 1st the year his contract runs out.

Then approach to sign him for free. You will have him by July.

Archived