How to win the league title for the first time...

How?

It's quite frustrating. Over the past six or so years I've built up a squad capable of winning EVERYTHING in the game at Leeds. I've world class players in all 11 positions. In the past five seasons I've finished 2nd and 3rd - on the season where i finished 3rd, all I had to do was win on the last day of the season to secure the title. We bottled it and drew 1-1 to Everton at Elland Road; the other season we lost momentum in the last five games. In my time at Leeds, I've only ever won the UEFA Cup, two seasons ago, the previous season I was the runner up to Everton in the FA Cup - so far after 10 games I'm 5 points behind the league leaders Newcastle.

So, like in real life, Leeds are THE underachievers in the English game - is this being replicated in FM? Anyone else had similar experiences, and managed to go on to win that first title?, if so, how?

I feel that if we win that first league title, we'll go on to win a shed load of things.

Also could be a good idea to choose your tactics and team very carefully if your down to one match left to win the league. Sometimes it can be better to play it down and make the team prove you wrong rather than expecting to win. Also playing a couple of decent youngsters and resting a big name the game before can really help. The youngsters will be fresh and try to prove themselves.

Rotation :mad:

Keep playing players with 97%+ condition. Only then will they perform to their full potential. Maybe sacrifice the cups as well to get the first league.

I'd drop that figure tbh. Rotation is the worst thing you can do most of the time, as it disrupts harmony and such.

i dont believe in to much rotation unless i have a very good youngster that will benefit from it otherwise i try to play the same eleven unless im sure fire favourites at home or a player has had crap run of form. as well as teh condition thing i think its okay to play a player whose above 90 percent to be honest there ar eother factors that will determine how good he plays not just condition.

in regards to the OP just concentrate on ths league and tear your players to shreds when they drop silly points to get the point across. i would say to only try hard in the euro competition and forget about the domestic ones.

Find (make) a tactic that lets you win away games consistantly (as in you win them all except against your biggets rivals, even then aim to win those games), this with world class players is as simple as 4-4-2 with slight defensive bais. Dont yell at your players. Never say your angry.

each to there own but that totally and utterly destroys the game for me. How can you think you have achieved any sort of success when if you lose you just restart and play again untill you get a result you want / need. It's not success then its just cheating at the end of the day.

The whole save, quit, load thing is just in your head.

Not necessarily. It's code looking to simulate football so there must be some kind of randomness built in. All it takes is the first event branch to go your way and a match goes from a 1-0 defeat to a 4-0 victory. Everything is not under your control despite what the 'it's your tactics' responses on here may suggest.

Archived