2026 -- scoring is scarce and difficult.

I am playing Gateshead in 2026 atop the league table after 25 games, the league is tight and lots of contenders but both the AI and I seem to suffer from severe scoring problems. The top 4 have scored, 36, 34, 37, 41 in the correct order.

I change my tactics every single game adjusting only minor details according to whom I have on the pitch, but regardless of my instructions the AI suffers from the same, a lot of games end 1-0 or 0-0 and its not because the chances are lacking ... I am getting 4 or 5 ccc´s every single game, the goalkeepers are just doing extremely well ... including mine.

Anyone else experiencing the same as they progress through the years? This didnt seem to be a problem in the first 10 years of the game.

PS: On a side notice, all regen defenders are fast and 15/15 acc/pace seems to be minimum for most sides so counterattack is difficult, ccc´s are usually made through passes when playing a patient offensive game or crosses.

Is it possible for someone to be kind enough to enable me download one of these saves? As i have just tried holidaying to 2015 , and by 2013 my computer crashed and ive lost it all! Lost my patience with it now. So it would be great if you Dafuge or Danielsan2000 to be soo kind , or anyone else in that matter. Aslong as its about 5 years + into the game. Sorry to be off topic.

To get back to topic, in one of my saves a while back i also noticed that all defenders seem to have high levels of pace and acceleration, which did damage my goalscoring chances as my tactic which ive used all through the FM09 series , depended greatly on counter-attacking.

I'm finding goals are more scarce too. I'm currently in the Conference in 2022/3 and it's been over a decade since a team scored 80 goals or more in a Conference season (46 matches) and a similar length of time since any single player scored 20 or more goals.

I'm finding goals are more scarce too. I'm currently in the Conference in 2022/3 and it's been over a decade since a team scored 80 goals or more in a Conference season (46 matches) and a similar length of time since any single player scored 20 or more goals.

In the last ten years of the BSP in my game (going back from 2023) there have been only three seasons where a team hasn't scored more than eighty goals. I wonder if having a human controlled team in that league makes a difference?

Happening again this season. Kidderminster are currently top scoring with 51 in 32 league games and are 4th. Leaders Cheltenham have scored 44, as have my Billericay team in sixth place having played two games less.

Pattern is similar in all other English divisions.

The BSN is the lowest scoring league for me this season, with the highest scorers getting just 73 goals. The Championship made up for it though, with a top of 106, two in the nineties and another three in the eighties.

Seems to be a mixed bag across the leagues for me.

In my game, Liverpool are 1st with 39 goals from 16 matches. An average just over 3 per match. Not bad I would have to say. Last season Arsenal finished 81 from 38. By the way, I am up to 2029/2030

Although this isn't the case for the OP, there does seem to be some issue with leagues that aren't run in full detail. For example, the first 3 seasons the Championship had no team score more than 76 goals. The fourth season, when i was involved, 9 teams scored 75+ goals with 3 scoring over 100. The following three seasons, when i wasn't involved, it went back down to nobody scoring over 75 goals again.

That's part of the effect of leagues not being run in full detail, is it not? And if all teams across the board score less without a human player, it wouldn't have any adverse effects on gameplay in any way, right?

Goals scored in inactive leagues presumably do have some effect on player/team reputation and player development - a "low detail" algorithm generating too few goals for teams as a whole probably also generates lower average ratings and slower improvement in abilities and values of strikers.

From what I've seen of FM09 regens at the high level, fully developed players tend to be very one-footed, have otherwise very good playing attribute balances and are quicker on average than 2009 players. High potential goalkeepers tend not to get close to their potential, and are therefore on average worse. Not sure how much impact this has overall on full detail matches

Archived