Are teams with "grey" players invincible?

I'm about to crash out of the UEFA Cup for the second year running because I drew a team full of grey players in the Quarter Finals.

My league, cup, and UEFA Cup form have been great, but I stumble against grey teams and it's always the same pattern:

-They always dominate possession and always only manage 1-2 shots on goal

-I have low possession but have 20 shots

-Only 5 or so "key" highlights in the match despite the high amounts of shots I have

This same pattern is happening way too often for it to be a freaky one-off. Especially the low amount of key moments, it's noticeably different when the match flows quickly with barely any highlights. There is something weird going on.

Their players are way, way below mine in quality, in fact they are worse than the relegation fodder in my league that I trash regularly. Their stats are all around the 11-12 mark, but watching them pass the ball around in the match engine (by selecting "Full Match" highlights) you'd think they were Arsenal. Their decisions, passing, and first touch must be 20, because they're playing perfect football.

No doubt this thread is going to have people telling me how I suck at the game and am trying to find excuses, but I played this game enough to know when something is different from usual.

I'm about to crash out of the UEFA Cup for the second year running because I drew a team full of grey players in the Quarter Finals.

My league, cup, and UEFA Cup form have been great, but I stumble against grey teams and it's always the same pattern:

-Only 5 or so "key" highlights in the match despite the high amounts of shots I have

This same pattern is happening way too often for it to be a freaky one-off. Especially the low amount of key moments, it's noticeably different when the match flows quickly with barely any highlights. There is something weird going on.

Their players are way, way below mine in quality, in fact they are worse than the relegation fodder in my league that I trash regularly. Their stats are all around the 11-12 mark, but watching them pass the ball around in the match engine (by selecting "Full Match" highlights) you'd think they were Arsenal. Their decisions, passing, and first touch must be 20, because they're playing perfect football.

No doubt this thread is going to have people telling me how I suck at the game and am trying to find excuses, but I played this game enough to know when something is different from usual.

some grey teams are too good - a quick look at the stats of the grey teams in the leagues below the blue square south and north will show that, and the same goes from the minnow nations in north america.

but it's all to do with them having overinflated attributes, so it's not the reason why the opening poster is struggling against them

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tommo_Got_Booted!:

My Vauxhall Motors team got spanked 3-0 at home in the FA Cup Qualifiers by Goole....Who The **** is Goole I dont even know where that is! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh and I was 2nd in the Blue Sq North at the time!

grey teams are hard. In first years of my current game they kicked my ass often in cups (some grey players would be great conference players despite being in non-league teams).

Also lately olimpiakos managed to draw against me both UEFA cup qualifications (even deserved to win second match) with only one keeper and 10 grey players.

lots of national u19 grey squads destroy u19 non grey squads (greece, germany or czech u19 teams are nearly as good as national squads)

I will be very happy if 8.0.2 fixes it icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

It is a known bug that grey teams are to good. Should be fixed in the 8.02 patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is correct. I've never had a problem with grey players personally, though. icon_smile.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tommo_Got_Booted!:

My Vauxhall Motors team got spanked 3-0 at home in the FA Cup Qualifiers by Goole....Who The **** is Goole I dont even know where that is! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh and I was 2nd in the Blue Sq North at the time! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! Goole AFC is a kind of a mid table team from the NPL Div 1 South... 2 leagues bellow the league you're playing in. If that result is true, then that is a huge upset. Ha ha.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danny!!:

Oh and I was 2nd in the Blue Sq North at the time! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! Goole AFC is a kind of a mid table team from the NPL Div 1 South... 2 leagues bellow the league you're playing in. If that result is true, then that is a huge upset. Ha ha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goole_AFC

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marnader:

No doubt this thread is going to have people telling me how I suck at the game and am trying to find excuses, but I played this game enough to know when something is different from usual. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont find them invincible. i always player crodyong as my first friendly with liverpool every season. beat them agood 7,8,9 nill

I just started a new game with Caersws who had a bunch of pre-season friendlies already set up against the might of Eastleigh Town and Kettering (or some similar team). Infront of them I decided to arrange a bunch of "money-spinning" friendlies against Championship clubs. We beat Preston 3-2, drew 3-3 with Stoke and lost narrowly at Cardiff. Then Leicester thrashed us 0-7 which was disappointing, but such things happen - they are a Championship team so way better than us. Then we came to the pre-arranged friendlies against Eastleigh and Kettering (and others), all full of greys and plenty of divisions below the Championship and we got caned 0-6 and 1-5 by these. Sure morale was down after that 0-7 tonking by Leicester, but to be able to compete with 3 Championship clubs and then get absolutely thrashed by a few teams of nobodies is a bit suspicious!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Just Jack:

I usually find grey teams easy if you look into their tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Waffle icon_rolleyes.gif Sorry don't mean to be rude but I just find when people say this kind of thing annoying

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dar2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Just Jack:

I usually find grey teams easy if you look into their tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Waffle icon_rolleyes.gif Sorry don't mean to be rude but I just find when people say this kind of thing annoying </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm harsh reply but i can see a point.

if your a top class team that is. if you are a top class team then no matter what the grey teams tactics are you should be able to thrash them.

presuming you've got quite a good tactic that is.

if your a lower league team then looking at the greys tactics may be more importan.t

but in general when playing against bigger teams or teams in your own league then tactics should be looked at.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dar2000:

Waffle icon_rolleyes.gif Sorry don't mean to be rude but I just find when people say this kind of thing annoying </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm harsh reply but i can see a point.

if your a top cl

Archived