Idea: Your "Face in the Game"

Just thinking on something,

As I'm sure we all know that regens and /or newgens are people who appear in latter stages of the game.

Just thinking would it not be awsome if you could maybe apply to SI and ask if a newgen could be created in the latter part of the game with your name and preferred position?:thup:

I know people will say you can do this in the editor but I think using the editor feels like cheating and I would be much happier as a person to see it as a result of SI. Applications would have to be well worked and would have to be selected by SI I think.

I know this idea seems far fetched and probably won't happen any time in the near future. But I thought I would bring it up.

Would also love any comment by a SI person whether this could be possible any time soon.

Thanks Guys For listining to another one of my threads:D

Saxonaitor!!:D

Hmm good idea, i would love to find myself in the game in 20 years time or something. But i doubt SI would ever do this outside of the current faceinthegame people. Seeing as there is easily over a million customers each emailing in with details. It would be easier on Si's part to keep it the same as now.

Not an idea id like to see, i wouldnt want to be playing a game 10 seasons in and then spot myself in the game as a 16 year old when i reality iv be 35, but in regards to myself as a player id like the option to be a player manager (creating your player at the start of a new game) i know you can create yourself anyway but then that player can get unhappy with you/want to leave etc

A bloke on either the editing forum or skinning forum has already done this. He made newgen faces with different ethnicities as requested. They did look different than normal newgens though

Regen= a regenerated player from one who has retired. ( hardly ever see these any more)

Newgen= a new generation player. (Completely new & random)

But as jim said they are the same thing.

Didn't they used to do something like this?

Yes, this used to be in the game (can't remember which version).

Personally, I hated it and just deleted all the pictures. You would get some really inappropriate pictures that looked completely out of place in the game. The plant pot was pretty cool though.

Didn't they used to do something like this?

Indeed they did. One of the early FM's. Fans submitted a picture and name.

My brother was on it; invariably turned up for Everton U18's and was p*ss poor!!!

Easiest way around it is to create your player and note down his ID (it's shown on the main player profile page in the editor) - if you then download a facepack from sortitoutsi or somewhere like that, throw in your photo and edit the xml file that comes with it as to associate the photo with your player, refresh graphics in the game and hey presto

Archived