Games for your youngsters?

I have a lot of great talents in my squad but they are progressing very slow. I've read that giving them games is effective in improving them. So, I was wondering, how many games or subs off the bench is enough per season for a promising player?

be careful when you throw them in the deep end. As a rule i dont play anyone under 18. If 18+ in most cases, the more first team football the better. Try getting them out on loan, make sure your coaches are as good as you can get, individual coaches to individual schedules, hammer the board for the best facilites available, check on the tactics and training forum for decent schedules, i currently use darkstar.

And remember potential is just potential, not all of them will hit their PA

Thanks for the feedback. Although, I'm thinking of a number cap for games. Like 10? Or is 20 games good?

Hard to say really, each player needs another amount. As Respected_Boss already noted it generally is a good thing to send them out on loan to a club where they'd be a first team regular. This way they get their first team experience and you won't have to leave out that star player you'd rather not miss.

depends mate. Every player is different, if his professionalism is low, build up his games slowly. Give them a few sub appearences each, see how they do, how they respond. Its all just different depending on the player. Click show attributes increasing, see how first team football raises their stats. Have you tutored them? That builds their mental stats up

Yeap, I have tutored much of them. I'm with Arsenal by the way and after 3 years at the club, the promising Henri Saivet isn't improving much as I want to and his performances are decent. I had him tutored by Robin Van Persie and Vela for that 3 year period. He's 21 now and his stats aren't improving much to be honest. I'm using the DarkStarr's training schedule too. Happens to majority of my young stars.

I was just wondering if I ought to make a rule of games for these youngsters so they develope nicely? Backroom staff all have 7 stars and top class training facility. Any thoughts?

depends mate. Every player is different, if his professionalism is low, build up his games slowly. Give them a few sub appearences each, see how they do, how they respond. Its all just different depending on the player. Click show attributes increasing, see how first team football raises their stats. Have you tutored them? That builds their mental stats up

I've chosen my youngsters carefully and would only look for high stat in Professionalism and Ambition so I'm thinking, stat wise, not a problem.

Yeap, I have tutored much of them. I'm with Arsenal by the way and after 3 years at the club, the promising Henri Saivet isn't improving much as I want to and his performances are decent. I had him tutored by Robin Van Persie and Vela for that 3 year period. He's 21 now and his stats aren't improving much to be honest. I'm using the DarkStarr's training schedule too. Happens to majority of my young stars.

I was just wondering if I ought to make a rule of games for these youngsters so they develope nicely? Backroom staff all have 7 stars and top class training facility. Any thoughts?

Same on mine with him mate. I got him as Scout said has massive potential, along those lines anyway, so I paid €7m for him (big big money for me) and his stats started rising ok but then just stopped. Finding that his finishing is a big letdown and just seems to blast it at keeper. I have tried asking him to go round keeper but no joy.

I have got another Striker who has just been promoted to the reserves from Youth Team. He is a Striker with stats that just keep improving and in the Youth Team he played 24 games in his last youth season scoring 37 goals. Now know it is only Youth Team but it still looked good to me. This year I tried to loan him to Brentford (my feeder team) but he refused so i have just started using him as a sub every now and then. Started off at 10 mins and moved him to 20 mins. I havent seen any drop in stats but think he should be able to handle it as AC Milan bid 3 times for him while he was in Youth Team.

Must have great PA so hopefully will get him there

@ awhec:

- state of the art training facilities

- tutoring

- good coaching staff

- good training schedule

- regular first team matches

And then still you can't say for sure whether he'll reach his full potential as his personality could be an issue too...

I had a regen striker with a PA of 199 when he was 16 I gave him 2 cup matches, 17 he got 5 then at 18 he made 30 appearances mainly due to injury. The following season he was 19 but due to better players he only played 16 games. Once he was in his 20's he started to become what he is today 40 games a season now at 23 years old he is world player of the year and world footballer of the year from the age of 21 he has played 50 plus games a season.

Alot depends on the hidden attributes and determination I think.

In my experience if you play a youngster and he does well in the game he'll get better, if he does crap he'll stay the same or get worse. It can be difficult to judge when to use youngsters or when they're ready to be considered first teamers.

I'd agree that hidden stats are crucial because I've had some really amazing (statswise) youngsters be awful and I cna only assume their hidden stats were rubbish.

I had a regen striker with a PA of 199 when he was 16 I gave him 2 cup matches, 17 he got 5 then at 18 he made 30 appearances mainly due to injury. The following season he was 19 but due to better players he only played 16 games. Once he was in his 20's he started to become what he is today 40 games a season now at 23 years old he is world player of the year and world footballer of the year from the age of 21 he has played 50 plus games a season.

Alot depends on the hidden attributes and determination I think.

How can you see what their PA is?

Cheers

Hey, I've got a question. I've just signed golden oldies like Maldini, Lehmann and Henry on my squad but I'm unable to let them tutor the youngsters. Is there a set time of a few weeks before they are able to do so?

Welsh League is league 1 in comparison.

But if they are more likely to get first team in Wales, send them there.

Oh by the way, its better to send your players to a team in a activated league rather than a leauge which isnt active.

Those with high PA (both from youth team and annual youth signing) are considered part of the 1st team squad (available for reserves). When they reach a certain level (decent prem as a rule) I throw them in as part of my regular selection system though often sometimes I'll fast track them back in ahead of someone else and at the earliest opportunity make them part of my core squad of 22. May seem risky but they've almost always done very well (at least at first, not all have sustained it but even those who haven't have proved decent enough provided they reach a high enough CA which if they make it as far to play properly they do). And the couple of times I've loaned (even to a championship side) haven't gone well (and I'm not sure either player made it) so I don't use it. I did a similar thing on a greater level in 08 (and in a way 07 though that was buying young 1st teamers rather then 'youth signings') without always checking the coach report for CA level (usually having a year development) and it worked then as well. So never be afraid to play them as if they were a regular, you could be surprised.

It's actually about their opinion of themselves, I think. So if they think that they are just a youngster or hot prospect then you can ask them to get tutored, but if they're one of those "thinks he should be a first team regular" players, then they are unwilling to take a mentor.

They can be tutored by people they don't like - if you pick the wrong tutor they can fall out irreparably.

Oh, and tutoring takes a few months - it depends on how much they are learning. Some end v. quickly.

Welsh League is league 1 in comparison.

But if they are more likely to get first team in Wales, send them there.

Oh by the way, its better to send your players to a team in a activated league rather than a leauge which isnt active.

I'm managing in League 1 at the moment, and have just set up a feeder club link with Bangor City in Wales.

I've sent two of my young players there on loan for the season, but I don't have the Welsh league as active.

Will the loan move still help these players develop do you know?

I was wondering that, I used to loan players out to clubs, when i didnt have leagues activated, i read somewhere it doesnt improve them at all unless you have the league activated? now i think about it that is probably not true, otherwise no other club in europe would have great new players. does it just diminish how they improve?

Archived