What a wierd reason to reject a club!

Hi :)

I tried to sign an awesome CM the other day, but he rejected me as the facilities at his current club were better than my facilities :confused:

I will try and find a screenshot, but in the meantime, has anyone else seen this feature? Seems a very strange reason to reject a club :confused:

been around for a while, ive had it before.

its also sometimes you are bidding for a player against another club, your offer might be 'better' but they go to the other sighting "looking forward to using club B's training facilities"

I think that was the point. Yes Man U have better facilities than Barnet so it would be a no-brainer but (with no disrespect to Barnet) if it came down to that choice it wouldn't come down to that. I don't really pay attention to reasons for transfers but those I remember seeing have mainly been reputation, manager and european football which makes sense. You have to be pretty closely matched I imagine if it was down to something so a) relatively minor and b) close in itself.

I watched a Football special on SBS TV in Australia, I believe it was Football Mondial, and a player said the main reason he had left his nation, to go to another league was to and I quote "train in better facilities".

There was no mention about better quality of play, country etc. He just wanted to train in a more professional environment and have access to world class facilities such as pools etc.

I guess it makes sense now I think about it. I remember Shaktar Donetsk being able to attract some good players like Elano, Srna and Nery Castillo among others who you wouldn't expect to go there, partly because they invested in top class facilities (though I imagine money talked as well as they're pretty rich).

But my facilities were better than the club that i was buying him from and were worded differently. Mine are top level as i cannot request to improve them and the German team had average facilities for both youth and training facilities :confused:

If it's anything like 08 then this is just a trigger. Not saying it isn't part of the decision algorithm but that it's weighting is minimal in comparison to reputation.

I base this on an FM 08 test.

1. player rejects based on facilities

2. reload, edit facilities to maximum => player rejects based on moving to a foreign country

3. reload, edit club reputation

4. increase club reputation incrementally => hit 'sweet spot' and player agrees to sign

Test 2

1. reload, leave facilities at value player rejected

2. increase reputation to 'sweet spot'

3. player signs immediately with no reference to facilities

Haven't messed with it for 09 though as I've had no inclination to.

Archived