Questions about PPM's

For a while I've been wondering this and finally decided to bring my questions to the forums.

There is a few PPM's I don't quite know the meaning to.

What is "tries killer balls often" and "moves into channels"? I know what it means but how does it show on the field with a player? Also, what kind of player can I make learn these?

Does "curl ball" need good finishing or long shots or both?

One thing that really bothers me is that while I'm the best manager in the game by far, been with the same team for 30 years, won countless cups, immense experience and when I tell my hot prospect to stop the number of long shots he takes, he brushes off my advice and continues to do so with 7 long shots. Is it the personality that makes them not stop and/or learn or a hidden attribute or is it completely random?

Moving into channels would require good pace and position, curling the ball...I'd guess technique is important.

Tries killer balls often would require great passing and decision making.

As for teaching and stopping players PPMs, it depends on the player. Some players refuse any new PPMs and some refuse to unlearn them.

I believe its their personality as much as your rep, if not more.

I like to use my imagination on certain PPms tho. Like pace and decision makings, with off the ball are required to beat the offside trap etc.

"Tries killer balls often" -- The player will often try a high risk, low percentage pass to unlock the defense. For example, if this is your CM and he has the other CM showing for a short, simple square ball and the ST burning through the heart of the defense double marked, he'll decide to try the "killer" ball in between the two defenders to the ST more than your average player.

"Moves into channels" -- The player will try to find the gaps between the defense and run through them, both with and without the ball. I would imagine this PPM would lead to your player sometimes shunning the more conventional run through the heart of the defense and instead looking to find a little bit of extra space in the gaps between defenders.

As for "Curls ball", I don't believe any PPMs 'require' certain attributes to learn/unlearn them. PPMs indicate what a player has a tendency to do, not necessarily what they are good at. If you were looking to get the most out of "Curls ball", it would probably be most beneficial for a player with good passing, creativity, and flair. That way he can use his tendency to curl the ball to put the ball in dangerous attacking positions.

Those are my (and probably the general consensus) interpretations of those PPMs. Hope that helps.

For a while I've been wondering this and finally decided to bring my questions to the forums.

There is a few PPM's I don't quite know the meaning to.

What is "tries killer balls often" and "moves into channels"? I know what it means but how does it show on the field with a player? Also, what kind of player can I make learn these?

Does "curl ball" need good finishing or long shots or both?

One thing that really bothers me is that while I'm the best manager in the game by far, been with the same team for 30 years, won countless cups, immense experience and when I tell my hot prospect to stop the number of long shots he takes, he brushes off my advice and continues to do so with 7 long shots. Is it the personality that makes them not stop and/or learn or a hidden attribute or is it completely random?

This bugs me too! I mean come on, you tell the guy to learn it, he should at least try!

Alex Ferguson to a young Giggs - "I'd like to see you run down the left wing with the ball a bit more Ryan"

Giggs to Fergie - "Nah, I'm alright thanks"

It doesn't happen....

Agreed, if Fergie asked Nani to run down the right wing and Nani refused, he'd be out of the door in an instant :D

Exactly - Basically, in FM10, all players should at least try to learn the move, if they don't then fair enough - but to refuse to learn them, now thats not realistic...

Curls ball has an effect.I used an editor to teach it to my AML who is right footed and he scores a lot amazing goals.I used editor cus you can't ask the player to learn it which is stupid.

Curls balls iirc has not effect on the match engine and is simply something the creators forgot to remove when they purged the game of all the useless PPMs

Definently has an effect, just like in the quote below i had an AML who was right-ffoted, Babel at Liverpool, and he starts with this PPM he scored some amazing goals where he cut inside and curled the ball into the far top corner, truly stunning goals.

Curls ball has an effect.I used an editor to teach it to my AML who is right footed and he scores a lot amazing goals.I used editor cus you can't ask the player to learn it which is stupid.

Sometime i find that certain moves don't show up to teach players like i couldn't teach torres to round the keeper when one on one, so i don't know whats wrong with it.

So are PPM's a double edged sword....

If his PPM(s) matches high ratings in appropriate attributes then player is "Good"

If his PPM(s) involve appropriate attributes with low ratings then the player will be very inneffective if not a total liability.

?

That's not what i see.Any striker with PPM places shots scores 20 goals a season even though his finishing is 10.But a striker with finishing and strength 17 and a PPM shoots with power scores less.

Archived