Won Prem and C.L. with Farsley. Stadium only 12,500 capacity!

I'm in 2019/20 season with Farsley Cetic who I brought up from the Blue Square league. After 4 years in the Premiership I finally won the league and the Champions League but the "local authorities" have been blocking my stadium expansion for several years. I've got a world class team but I'm topped off at a 12,500 capacity stadium without undersoil heating. Doesn't this seem unrealistic? Aren't there rules for stadiums in the Prem and are they not in the game? I have no way of making money from ticket sales and if I don't keep winning the CL and Prem I will almost certainly go bankrupt from the wage bill and transfer kitty.

Anyone else have this problem?

That's what I was assuming they'd do but its not happening. There's money available and the club has no debt. I'm beginning to think its just one of those things that's not necessarily part of the game.

I am Barnet and i have just sruvived my first season in the premiership (2014/2015) by the skin of my teeth (an away draw at Arsenal 1-1, who says they are unstopable?)

My stadium had been increased to about 12,500 (like yours) earlier in the season. We had been enjoying sell out crowds all season so once i knew i was safe I ask the board to expand the stadium. We were 20m in the balck, so i figured there would be enough cash. The board came back and said that there was no way the local council would agree to an expansion and cuffed me off.

Two weeks later, the board drop me a message to say that they are adding another 3000 seats because a club of our stature deserves a bigger stadium. I'm not sure what changed the minds of the council.

I was hoping that when the council said no to an expansion, i would be in line for a new stadium. Looks like I will have to wait.

I think the hopes of a new stadium, preferably one with my name on it, is the reason I keep playing this particular game. Usually I get bored around 2015 when most of the real players are gone.

I'll keep it up one more season. I won't buy any new players so that there's plenty of money at the end of the season but there isn't some kind of expansion or new stadium I'll probably start a new game. Its just not that realistic, otherwise.

Aha a fellow Farsley player!

Well done on your achievements, quite similar to mine. :) But I haven't had any problems with stadium expansion, at the moment we've got one seating 44433. Could it be because of your chairman; have there been any board takeovers?

I'm in 2019/20 season with Farsley Cetic who I brought up from the Blue Square league. After 4 years in the Premiership I finally won the league and the Champions League but the "local authorities" have been blocking my stadium expansion for several years. I've got a world class team but I'm topped off at a 12,500 capacity stadium without undersoil heating. Doesn't this seem unrealistic? Aren't there rules for stadiums in the Prem and are they not in the game? I have no way of making money from ticket sales and if I don't keep winning the CL and Prem I will almost certainly go bankrupt from the wage bill and transfer kitty.

Anyone else have this problem?

What's completely unrealistic is being in the EPL with Farsley Celtic in the first place.

Although I DO agree with your stadium complaint, and it does indeed seem odd. Have you requested that the board upgrade the stadium?

With Altrincham my capacity has been upgraded like 10 times to 50 odd thousand. Which is strange. I wouldn't think you could take such a small stadium and just keep expanding it.

I always ask each season for the stadium to be expanded.

I request a stadium expansion several times a season. They always say they're considering it. At the end of the season its the local council who puts the kaibosh on the stadium expansion.

I don't remember having a board takeover any time recently.

I'm beginning to think it might just be a fluke, which is too bad.

Its ok. I'm going to try it again with Staines Town

The team is actually addicted to the prize money. I go way into the red until the end of the season when the Champions League money comes in. If I get knocked out, I'm sunk, financially.

Why doesn't the board borrow money to build a stadium. Right now we have no debt. Oh, well.

With Altrincham my capacity has been upgraded like 10 times to 50 odd thousand. Which is strange. I wouldn't think you could take such a small stadium and just keep expanding it.

I always ask each season for the stadium to be expanded.

Heh, if you have seen Altrincham's stadium IRL, then you would be surprised to see them squeeze 50k of stadium upgrades into the space available around it.

The team is actually addicted to the prize money. I go way into the red until the end of the season when the Champions League money comes in. If I get knocked out, I'm sunk, financially.

Why doesn't the board borrow money to build a stadium. Right now we have no debt. Oh, well.

well this is the reason for not extending your stadium ...you are not stable financially. It says in the manual of the game. You have to have a lot of money and to be always full. Your problem is the first. I think you should sacrify one season and sell a lot of your stars until you have cash of 150-300 or more mil pounds . In the next season they will surely make it bigger. I was at the same team and I had the same problem. I sold all my players who were costing a lot and I took players at the end of contract,free or loan. I won the league but not the cl. Next season they made the stadium

Sorry to say that if you get stuck with this, the only way to fix the situation would be use a save game editor and bump your stadium capacity up yourself. I know its not ideal, but I don't think there's any way around it.

This is something that needs to be added into the game. I don't think Doncaster were going to get the Keepmoat until they agreed to include public facilities (and brilliant ones they are).

Archived