Idea for FM10, thoughts?

Right I've been thinking about this for a while and think it will be a very good idea for SI to implement in new FM's. Right, we can save tactics, as many as we want, call them what we want etc... But what if, say, you've got 2 player's for the MCa position. One is a world class passer of the ball, but not the best at dribbling with it (ala Fabregas). The other one is excellent at getting the ball down and running at players, taking them on with their skill but don't pass as well as others (a bit like Arshavin or Nasri) These are 2 different kinds of player, therefore require different instructions to each other, but both are fighting for the same spot. Now my idea is to be able to save individual instructions specific to a certain player. This way we could set up each player in the squad as we want them to play, then can just click the "Set To" button and give them their own specific set of instructions. I feel this would be a good idea that would save time and also we won't have to remember what setting we had what players on. Sorry if I haven't put this across in an easy to understand way, I'm not the best at explaining things! Lol.

Thoughts??

P.S. I used Arsenal players as examples 'cos I'm playing with them at the minute and that was one of the problems I've come across personally.

Great idea, it will never happen, SI have a tendency to employ ideas that no one likes (press conferences) and leave out ideas everyone likes (being able to save opposition instructions, and this).

Great idea, it will never happen, SI have a tendency to employ ideas that no one likes (press conferences) and leave out ideas everyone likes (being able to save opposition instructions, and this).

Ohh yes, NOBODY likes press conferences at all do they :rolleyes: From the posts of yours i've seen moj, are you deliberately being a complete tool ?

As for the idea i think it's a good one, it'll certainly save time, not a big deal if it doesn't go into the game though.

SI have implemented many good features over the years and I'm sure they do listen to us in the forum about our suggestions. Saying that they don't is really foolish - either get out or start being more constructive.

Talking your usual nonsense I see.

That seems a good and time saving idea. But what if, during a match game, the opposition scores and you have to change to a more attacking formation (or vice-versa)? Will the player keep his original tactic's instructions or keep his own, saved instructions? In this case, shouldn't you need to change his insrtuctions either way?

I think maybe a good middle ground would be to have custom 'set to...' instructions. ie currently you can say 'set to wingback' and it will give default individual instructions for wingbacks, but it would be nice if you could create your own sets and just choose these rather than having to mess with the sliders each time.

I think maybe a good middle ground would be to have custom 'set to...' instructions. ie currently you can say 'set to wingback' and it will give default individual instructions for wingbacks, but it would be nice if you could create your own sets and just choose these rather than having to mess with the sliders each time.

That's the kind of thing I'm on about. Obviously you'll have to do a few tweaks in-game depending on the situation, but it would be nice to be able to set up your own instructions on the "Set To" menu.

Right I've been thinking about this for a while and think it will be a very good idea for SI to implement in new FM's. Right, we can save tactics, as many as we want, call them what we want etc... But what if, say, you've got 2 player's for the MCa position. One is a world class passer of the ball, but not the best at dribbling with it (ala Fabregas). The other one is excellent at getting the ball down and running at players, taking them on with their skill but don't pass as well as others (a bit like Arshavin or Nasri) These are 2 different kinds of player, therefore require different instructions to each other, but both are fighting for the same spot. Now my idea is to be able to save individual instructions specific to a certain player. This way we could set up each player in the squad as we want them to play, then can just click the "Set To" button and give them their own specific set of instructions. I feel this would be a good idea that would save time and also we won't have to remember what setting we had what players on. Sorry if I haven't put this across in an easy to understand way, I'm not the best at explaining things! Lol.

Thoughts??

P.S. I used Arsenal players as examples 'cos I'm playing with them at the minute and that was one of the problems I've come across personally.

Couldn't you just save your tactic twice, one named 442_Fabregas with his midfield settings and one 442_Nasri with his settings and then just load the one you want depending on who you play in that position?

Not knocking your idea, it just seems that there's already a way to do this (though not exactly how you would like).

Thoughts??

I'm having the same problem, switching between Srna and Messi as MR in my Man City side. I think this, along with making player sliders related to team sliders, would serve in adding much needed functionalism to the tactics section. Splendid idea really, wonder why it hasn't been implemented before. Would certainly reduce the complaints about sliders!

I deeply hope SI see this thread. Should have been implemented ages ago. They may argue that the wizard will help with that but there should still be improvements like this made to the original tactics section, for those hardcore players who prefer it instead of the wizard.

- FM 10 should have better control of tactics, and set pieces. Set pieces could be a hemi-spherical representation of where the majority of balls will lands(except on direct free kick).

- The match player statistic should have a overhaul, so it is more useful, and accurate. Everyone winning tackles doesn't seem real.

- The AI of teams on transfer markets have been vastly improved, but there are still some greater clubs that don't reinforce their teams very well or at all.

- If someone tries to "steal" your coaches, allow the player to at least do a counter offer.

- Let the life of youth players in youth teams be more involving for the manager - ie youngster of the year. And let them be targets of bigger clubs' youth departments.

- Alot of teams' staff need an overhaul due to the new formulas in the training department. Too many big clubs have crap coaches. And starting the life of a new club by sacking most of the coaches just to have it on par, isn't really realistic.

- Affliated clubs should be more useful, than just a place to place youngsters, or those too far from 1st team.

- Scouting abroad create better results than they do. Better control over what youth tournaments they should scout.

- Better graphical representation of heights of players, as they seem to be of the same size.

Had a bunch of other suggestions, but they slipped my mind right now. Will update as they resurface.

Lastly and most importantly, DO NOT RELEASE FM 10 BEFORE IT IS READY FOR RELEASE.

i think its a great idea.

FM10 should primarily concentrate on improvements to the tactics system (both the graphical representation of the settings and they way these translate in the ME)

i dont doubt people will demand improvements to the 3D representation but i dont really think this is near as important as the tactics.

i think its a great idea.

FM10 should primarily concentrate on improvements to the tactics system (both the graphical representation of the settings and they way these translate in the ME)

i dont doubt people will demand improvements to the 3D representation but i dont really think this is near as important as the tactics.

Tactics are the backbone of this game, so if tactics are bad the game will be bad, no matter the graphics quality, AI ability to rebuild their team, regens, anything. 9.3 has made a huge difference though, and I hope with my whole FM-heart that SI will learn from their mistakes so that going from 9.3 to 10.0 won't be like 8.2 to 9.0.

Whilst I don't like the idea of having opposition instructions remembered (they should really be different with each opposition) I do really like the following:

It could easily be expanded upon too, to allow a number of variations for each position to suit your needs (ie if you have to very different type of players for the same position).

Archived