New Way Forward For FM2010

Hard or not

well it might be that only 30% of folk find the game to hard

but can FM really wanna lose that 30% or even as low as 20%

now i dont think you can have easy or a hard opition on fm2010

because it would need 2 different match engines

but what the market might need is 2 different fm2010 release

lets say a bit like windows vista they dont just have 1 they have different levels

so for fm to keep everyone happy then why not a FM2010 Professional & FM2010 Amature

it would make good business sence aswell 2 games

what do you think

More effort than would be profitable, you have to consider what goes through average-joe-the-moron's head when he buys a game, seeing two different products would lead to him becoming confused and probably opting for the simpler decision of buying Fifa manager or CM, simply because he knows what to expect.

Other negatives would be increased workload for SI and increased competition for shelf space for FM (shops aren't going to want twice as much shelf space meaning that whichever FM sells best will suffer in the end).

I can't think of anything as an alternative, but i don't feel this is actionable in any way.

More effort than would be profitable, you have to consider what goes through average-joe-the-moron's head when he buys a game, seeing two different products would lead to him becoming confused and probably opting for the simpler decision of buying Fifa manager or CM, simply because he knows what to expect.

Other negatives would be increased workload for SI and increased competition for shelf space for FM (shops aren't going to want twice as much shelf space meaning that whichever FM sells best will suffer in the end).

I can't think of anything as an alternative, but i don't feel this is actionable in any way.

its very hard for FM to try and make 1 game that will keep everyone happy so do they risk loseing 20% or 30% because they wont buy a game thats too hard to play

The games not suppose to be easy, people get bored of a game they can win at everytime eventually, they aren't going to make two versions of the game, if you want it to be easier pick a team in a better position like Man United or something.

The games not suppose to be easy, people get bored of a game they can win at everytime eventually, they aren't going to make two versions of the game, if you want it to be easier pick a team in a better position like Man United or something.

i think your wrong . the most playerble game was cm01-02 because it was nice n easy

you only have to look at the poll to see it was by far the best game as voted on here

Two different releases would have the same problems as two different match engines in the same release. As SI would have to work on a different match engine per release.

And no, most software companies have not done it. What they have done is release versions with more bells and whistles. There isn't an 'easy' version of Photoshop or Vista, but a version with less or different features. It's the difference between a game demo and the full game, not different 'levels' of difficulty.

And where are you pulling your percentile figures from? Without a real source they're assumptions, based on nothing, and as such, worthless in your argument.

It wouldn't make any sense to be honest. It would be far too time consuming for the makers of the game to do this and have it add significant profits to be worth while. Won't happen imo. I'm not even sure I think its a good idea anyway. People just need to get better at the game!

people would get bored if the game was too easy eventually, and no matter what you say, they are not going to release two games because some people think its too hard, imagen if you brought the easier disc, then realised your better at fm than you thought, got bored, and had to spend another 40quid, making two different games is an unknown, people would just go for another game which they know what to expect from

I think FM lost its routes after the split in a few ways which are quite annoying and taken alot of 'fun' out the game.

Alot of people just want to start a game pick a tactic buy players, sell players, fix tactic to suit those players,win league, cup, champions league! Ala CM 01/02!

None of this 3d nonsense, team talks(which are a joke and add nothing at all to the game) as well as player interaction which is all gimmicks and very limited which has no real effect on the basics of the game.

There is just too many time consuming aspects now which is very hard to put in when you are working 40hour weeks etc... and to pick up and play it no longer has that appeal which is a great shame. If they really wanted to play the game though like me they would just sit down and play it if its too hard they obviously don't understand very much about football or how the game works to enjoy it!

But imho there are just far too many pointless aspects to the game now! Now CM 03-04 probably my favourite version! Hence why I just bought a copy for £2.99 from Amazon:)

Hard or not

well it might be that only 30% of folk find the game to hard

but can FM really wanna lose that 30% or even as low as 20%

now i dont think you can have easy or a hard opition on fm2010

because it would need 2 different match engines

but what the market might need is 2 different fm2010 release

lets say a bit like windows vista they dont just have 1 they have different levels

so for fm to keep everyone happy then why not a FM2010 Professional & FM2010 Amature

it would make good business sence aswell 2 games

what do you think

20 or 30%? And you get your info from what possible resource?

Dear oh dear.

Got to be honest. The game's difficulty levels stem from the team you choose to play with. Choose Man U and the game is easy. Choose West Brom and the game becomes hard.

It sounds as if you find the game hard and are looking for an easy solution.

Two different releases would have the same problems as two different match engines in the same release. As SI would have to work on a different match engine per release.

And no, most software companies have not done it. What they have done is release versions with more bells and whistles. There isn't an 'easy' version of Photoshop or Vista, but a version with less or different features. It's the difference between a game demo and the full game, not different 'levels' of difficulty.

And where are you pulling your percentile figures from? Without a real source they're assumptions, based on nothing, and as such, worthless in your argument.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=74878

read it

we never doubted that, your figures of 20% 30% whatever are completely random, and your idea of different difficultys of windows vista is also untrue. I also think that windows has a bit more money to produce different versions compared to SI mate...

20 or 30%? And you get your info from what possible resource?

Dear oh dear.

Got to be honest. The game's difficulty levels stem from the team you choose to play with. Choose Man U and the game is easy. Choose West Brom and the game becomes hard.

It sounds as if you find the game hard and are looking for an easy solution.

again read it theres the info of which game many liked

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=74878

Not happening. Seriously, people complaining about the game being too hard annoys me, how is this game becoming hard. Real football isn't meant to be easy, and this game is modelled off the real thing, hence the game is becoming harder, and therefore more rewarding. If it was as simple as picking a tactic, making a signing here and there and that making you win everything, loads more people would leave the game, easily, and SI would suffer.

more ? out of 100% 27.89% liked fm2009 hows that more ???????

add up all the other votes v fm2009 tells you all you need to no

Yeah more people by themselves like FM2009 than any other game, when put singularly.

Together is a different story, but unfair to judge all the other games against one. Still, FM2009 is leading the poll, others might like other games for other reasons e.g. they don't own FM2009, maybe just fell deeply in love with another game.

Say the votes for Madrid vs Liverpool. Say Casillas got 42% of the votes. Does that mean the rest of the team played better because they got a different percentage?

Yeah more people by themselves like FM2009 than any other game, when put singularly.

Together is a different story, but unfair to judge all the other games against one. Still, FM2009 is leading the poll, others might like other games for other reasons e.g. they don't own FM2009, maybe just fell deeply in love with another game.

Say the votes for Madrid vs Liverpool. Say Casillas got 42% of the votes. Does that mean the rest of the team played better because they got a different percentage?

your missing the point

if i had a company would i wanna lose any customers no i wouldnt and the fact that over 1000 voted for other than fm2009 tells me that they liked the other games better for 1 reason or the other . to only poll 27.89% is very poor for a new game theres many reasons

1 of them being the game has got to hard .. so again as a company do you wanna lose your sales or cater for both

sparks199, stop talking rubbish.

Thats over a 1/4 of people, and you have to understand, not every person whos played fm has taken that poll, and some people who have taken have perhaps not even played the new one, and at the end of the day its a majority vote.

People obviously arent going to stop buying fm just because they prefer an older version, in a main that is, there will always be the odd few who prefer an older version, but people who aren't on these forums probally barely notice somethings wrong with the game and just enjoy it, before I came on the forums I had never noticed any bugs before...

FM2010 should not be dumbed down, instead the game should be released with a good range of tactics/sets that actually work.

This would mean that those of us without the time or inclination to try to understand the slider system or trying to figure out the ME will have usable tactics from the start and those that want to work it out for themselves can do so as usual.

I'm not suggesting that the tactics that come with the game should make you unbeatable, just solid enough so that with some clever signings and all round good management, it would be possible to do well.

This would also make it a must that SI finally get other parts of the game in tip top shape, like teamtalks, press conferences, player interaction, etc, etc.

will never happen why ? most of the software company have done it

like i say windows vista have different levels so do things like photoshop and so on

This is a bad example. Operating system software cannot be compared to FM 2009; people have to have an operating system on their PC and therefore a sensible range of options is marketable at different prices and functionality. A game does not have the same breadth of appeal and more than one version of something like FM will not work. It will lead the casual gamer to become confused and just not bother purchasing the game to begin with.

However, you clearly miss that over 48% of people think it is about right. Which means it is neither too hard or too easy. The game is fine as it is.

again read the post ..i sed that 30% or maybe 20% find it too hard .. which is about right when you take into acount the 2 polls iv shown you

I cannot see ANY advantage for anyone of having two different releases. You're basically campaigning for a choice in difficulty, making two different games is a much bigger task than just including a difficulty level.

things are about to change for fm this april . they will no longer have the market like they once had

because cm2009 has hit back .. with its new look and very own 3d match

The fully animated, 3D match engine (featuring 500 fully motion captured animations per players) propels you right into the heart of the action on matchday, taking your management experience one step further. The only match engine specifically designed and created for a football management game allows you to watch the team in action as they put your carefully crafted tactics into action, view individual performances and be on hand to make changes when things go wrong.

With the development of a comprehensive training suite, managers can fine tune their tactics and their players. Fully customisable schedules, and numerous different drills, means managers can put individual players through their paces and then watch training unfold in full 3D glory.

With a brand new interface and backed by a huge database with all the latest data from the 2009 campaign, begin the journey to manage your team to success and bathe in glory.

Keep checking back as we’ll be announcing more features for Championship Manager 2009 over the coming months.

Take total control in April 2009

It's very early to be claiming that CM09 is going to take over the market, especially with it's FM style graphics.

i didnt say it would .. i sed even for them to take 20% of fm wouldnt go down well

again they should cater for all and not just some .. 2 games its that easy buy the 1 you want too

So if i find the game to easy I have to fork out more money just to make it more difficult to win games?

Not on my nellie mate.

There is allready easy and hard option. Big team, Small team, then its just a case of players and tactics.

THAT is the difficulty level

i didnt say it would .. i sed even for them to take 20% of fm wouldnt go down well

again they should cater for all and not just some .. 2 games its that easy buy the 1 you want too

What advantages are there by making two games instead of one? I can't think of any. Like I said above, you're basically campaigning for a choice in difficulty - why do they have to release two different games for a difficulty choice?

I must admit, for the first time since the split, i would actually consider swapping to CM?

Of course, it would have to be a lot better than i have been informed it has been in recent years, i was given a version of CM once by a mate and it was quite awful.

I was often having 70(yes 70) shots a game and there was over 100 offsides a game???

Like i said though, if it has been given the treatment, it would certainly be worth a look?

just because this is considered too hard doesnt mean people wont buy it, these people are probally picking afc wimbledon and wondering how the only got to the first round of the FA Cup and didn't win it or something

again i wanna point out .. that im thinking of a way forward for fm2010 and the best way they can do it with out loseing sales because the game has become to hard .. yes many find the game ok and fine

but do you really think that the ones that dont will folk out money to play it ... no of course they wont

so do you then say bye bye to them

again no u dont

Whatever your typing hurts my eyes and is hard to read...

THe way to improve FM2010 isn't by introductin 18 discs for different levels, its improving the match engine and tactics so they are easier to work and things like interaction, not by having difficulty levels.

What advantages are there by making two games instead of one? I can't think of any. Like I said above, you're basically campaigning for a choice in difficulty - why do they have to release two different games for a difficulty choice?

Quoted for emphasis.

Archived