What Do I Have To Do To Become a Legend?

Hi, I'm starting to get really frustrated, I'm Everton and I've played for 14 seasons. I have won 7 League titles, 4 Champions Leagues, 4 World Club Championships, 5 League Cups, 5 FA Cups and still I'm not a Legend or Icon, I'm not even on the Favorite Personnel! What do I have to do to get on any of these?

I have taken Southport from Blue Square south to the premier league in consecutive seasons gaining promotion every season, only won the league once (first year) then mainly seconds and play offs (won playoff from 6th place to get into prem) yet im still not on the list! maybe ill have to win the league this year with odds of 1000-1 lol drew 2-2 with spurs at home first game.

It does need some work but I don't want it to go the other way, and it becomes far too easy to get on the icon or legend list. This should be very difficult to get onto (with only outstanding achievements getting you there), because once you are there you should really stay there IMO.

However, favourite personnel shouldn't be that hard after you win a couple of trophies or, as above, lots of promotions. This is the level that is subject to more change. For example a player scores 30 goals in a season (goes on it, fans love him), but then leaves the next season (should come off, fans don't really care anymore). That's probably not the greatest example, so I hope you get where I'm coming from, but it's the best I could think of at the moment!

It depends on how much success the team had historically. I won EPL amd FA cup with blyth in the 15th season, and my status was a legend. I became an icon when I got them into EPL (around 12th season I think). Only had 4 major trophies/leagues in a 20 year save, but was a legend at the club. In my first save i had about 16 major trophies/leagues with Arsenal in 9 seasons and was only in the favored personnel list. ;)

Vivu, I've won about the same with Everton and did'nt even get on the favourite personnel! Its annoying, because I had a striker who only played for us 15 times and he was on it!

As I mentioned, Everton might have won many trophies in the past, but blyth had won historically nothing when I joined them (also how many legends/icons are there presently at Everton). Just keep plugging away and bring home couple of more trophies. The fans might come to their senses sooner than later. :thup:

It depends on how much success the team had historically. I won EPL amd FA cup with blyth in the 15th season, and my status was a legend. I became an icon when I got them into EPL (around 12th season I think). Only had 4 major trophies/leagues in a 20 year save, but was a legend at the club. In my first save i had about 16 major trophies/leagues with Arsenal in 9 seasons and was only in the favored personnel list. ;)

I'm playing Blyth in my 19th season, been in the EPL for 7 seasons

The honors I've gotten with Blyth:

FA Cup - 2024, 25 & 26

Community Shield - 2024

Champions Cup - 2024 & 25

Euro Super Cup - 2024 & 25

Club World Championship - 2024 & 25

EPL - 2026, runner up 2024 & 25, third placed 2022 & 23

But still.. just favorite personal :( seems it's pretty rare and a little random

Got Stevenage Borough to the Premiership in consecutive seasons (as well as winning some minor cups like the Johnstons Paint and FA Trophy on the way) and became a Legend. Also, when the board announced the building of a new stadium, they named it after me, as the club's "most successful manager ever" (though, let's face it, just getting promoted into the football league secured that; Stevenage don't exactly have a long and glorious history :) ) and asked if wanted it to be called the "van der Tait Stadium" or "van der Tait Arena".

However, at AC Milan, after nearly three seasons without losing a single match (and hence winning two leagues and 9 cups in the process; not quite at the end of the third season but I'm expecting to add 1 more league and 2 more cups to that total :) ) I'm not even on the Favoured Personnel list but Urby Emanuelson (bought in the January window of the first season and a solid first team player since) is. Not to put Urby down, he's been a dependable wing back and a model professional these past few seasons, but I rather think I've contributed more to the club's success in the last three years than he has :p

With Everton I got in one season, ECC Premier League, Fa Cup, World Club cup, league cup, euro super cup and community shield. And in the seasons before 3 FA cup, 2 ECC, 3 premier League, 1 league cup, 2 euro super cup and still I'm not even favorite personnel. I almost have as many points as Ferguson- only about 200 away- 2nd best manager in game- I just don't get it.

With Everton I got in one season, ECC Premier League, Fa Cup, World Club cup, league cup, euro super cup and community shield. And in the seasons before 3 FA cup, 2 ECC, 3 premier League, 1 league cup, 2 euro super cup and still I'm not even favorite personnel. I almost have as many points as Ferguson- only about 200 away- 2nd best manager in game- I just don't get it.

Must be a bug.

Hi, I'm starting to get really frustrated, I'm Everton and I've played for 14 seasons. I have won 7 League titles, 4 Champions Leagues, 4 World Club Championships, 5 League Cups, 5 FA Cups and still I'm not a Legend or Icon, I'm not even on the Favorite Personnel! What do I have to do to get on any of these?

I think this should be posted in the bugs column... And be quick.. Patch will be released in two-three weeks time...

Er, about four days time if there haven't been any unforeseen delays. :)

I would guess that at bigger clubs it's not just down to success but also loyalty, consistency and personality. Legendary managers aren't always ones who've won the most competitions, sometimes they're just the ones that have brought the most consistency over many seasons and built a team that the fans fall in love with. Personality and media reaction may have something to do with it, too. Speaking as a Spurs fan, Juande Ramos won us the League Cup but did sweet FA else so he's not going to be missed by many, whereas Martin Jol may not have won anything but he got us 5th in the League two seasons running and he was such a character that a lot of fans were very upset when he was axed. Silverware will make the board love you but the fans want more than just glory.

Whereas at the lower levels, fans get pant-wettingly excited if you managed to even get them promoted. I, for one, will be sending Mr. Westley a great big bunch of flowers and a bottle of champagne if he manages to get Stevenage into the football league this season.

I had similar difficulties become a legend/Icon at Newcastle but I don't have the save file. I posted a thread about this in the bugs forum here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2766683#post2766683, if someone could upload one of their save files where they are having severe instances of this problem like the OP please do so and we will hopefully have it fixed asap.

I've actually done it, it took Eight season's with my own team which was created with full list of players, staff and history.... First four seasons alone I remained unbeaten in both league and cups... started in Blue square North, won league, F.A and League cup, and the F.A. Trophy or what ever it's called paid no attention to it. Second season was Blue Square Premier and so on, winning all matches including the european cup which I won consecutively for first five seasons, and finally got into the premiership, also managed to maintain every single player of the squad list and made no signings at all, due to oldest player at beginning of the game being 21, so after 5 seasons oldest player 26, youngest 18, and still remained undefeated in all competitions when reaching the premier league I was only amongst favourite personnel of the players and staff. Still not amongst the fans favourites but nie on all of the original first team players were.. Sixth season started badly, lost first 3 games, but against Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool. Although Liverpool won a penalty which even the game comentary said was dubious to win 1-0... All three games were away from home too. After that I managed to turn around and win the league and retain the three main cups.. After the second season in premier league I won all competitions including champions league beating real Madrid 4-0 in the final. Still not among clubs favourite personnel, but got given a brand new contract worth 210,000. I thought its a steep offer but dont want to quit the club and my contract was coming to an end. Pre-season of my 8th season loads of teams were offering me jobs, Man Utd, Liverpool - who finished 16th season before, even Real Madrid and Barcelona apparently had me top of list if their managers didn't continue. But I rejected all offers and then won all competitions again and refusing more job offers did I appear on the favourite personnel list of the club... so it can be done, but even for a created club who haven't won a trophy at any point previously it's hard work and takes a while to do. I don't know if it helped having myself as a fan of the club at the same time, but I doubt it.

== I must admit though, I've never managed to do it with any other club to the likes of my own personal favourite team Hartlepool which I managed to complete 12 seasons with them. Although not as much of a successfully win/loss ratio as my other team.

I had similar difficulties become a legend/Icon at Newcastle but I don't have the save file. I posted a thread about this in the bugs forum here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2766683#post2766683, if someone could upload one of their save files where they are having severe instances of this problem like the OP please do so and we will hopefully have it fixed asap.

At this point winning ONE trophy should cement legend status at the Toon :(

I have taken Southport from Blue Square south to the premier league in consecutive seasons gaining promotion every season, only won the league once (first year) then mainly seconds and play offs (won playoff from 6th place to get into prem) yet im still not on the list! maybe ill have to win the league this year with odds of 1000-1 lol drew 2-2 with spurs at home first game.

It smells like a cheat IMO

Ok, I have recreated the situation myself, I took over Arsenal and made a couple of signings and used a good tactic that I got from the forum, then holidayed for large portions of the season, sometimes taking over for the important matches and did this for three seasons without any cheating whatsoever. Here are the results-

Season 1, I won the league and the FA Cup

Season 2, Won the league again and won the league cup

Season 3, Won the league for a third consecutive year, retained the FA cup and won the champions league.

Arguably this is a greater acomplishment than what Wenger has achieved with Arsenal as I have won the champions league as well as winning as many league titles as Wenger has in the space of 12 years in only 3. I only signed 5 players in this 3 year period.

Wenger is listed as a club legend but I have still not even been listed amongst the favoured personnel never mind icon or legend. This was the case with my Newcastle save and many other peoples saves as well and must be tweaked asap. It feels pretty unfair after winning so many trophies to not be given any sort of recognition. Surely it cannot be too complicated to fix this, a tweak of the level that you need to reach to get legend/icon status is all that is needed and really should have already been fixed.

Could be a tycoon owner, not all success is based on cheating.

I second that. I've got Stevenage to the Prem in consecutive seasons, winning each league on the way up. If you get lucky and manage to make a few decent signings early on, it tends to snowball as everyone jumps on the bandwagon. Before you know it, you're facing Man Utd in the league (and getting absolutely sodding hammered but ah well, the fairy tale couldn't last forerver :) ).

I'm certain SI have stated that *cough*

"This is a known issue and is under review".... :D

Does seem really weird to have a new player score a hat-trick on his debut and be instantly listed as favoured personnel, whilst you've just won your umpteenth title and the fans are totally insouciant to your existence... :confused:

Same here, I took Blyth from BSN to EPL, won the EPL 5 times and got bored with the save, I was already a legend at the club but resigned from it and took another job in BSP with Marine. The legend status was gone. I thought I would be a legend even after I was gone, I mean.. I got them up five leagues, won the EPL 5 times, FA cup 5 times, Community shield 3 times, Champions cup 5 times, Super cup 5 times and Club world championship 5 times! I've been at the club from start to the year 2031.

I don't know, I just think I should still be a legend, even after I was gone. I just needed another challenge, this save was getting boring.

Archived