Player sees no point in getting nationality!!!

I'm managing River Plate and buy lots of youngsters from other South American countries but they never turn into Argentinians even after 5 years or 10 years in the country.

I have a player Falcao that is in Argentina for 3000 days (days to gain nationality 1825) and always stays without the 2nd nationality as well as all the other foreigners

so what's the point in all this? will they occupy the 4 foreign spots forever?

I tend to manage in Europe and players from a European country tend to not gain a second nationality due to them not having to worry about Work Permits in England if they we're born in Europe so maybe this is the case in your situation, 'cos you buy players from South America for a South American team they see no point in gaining another nationality for the same continent as the 1 they we're born in

For some, they just don't want to have the nationality. For others, there has to be something in it for them.

The player the OP refers to, Falcao, I assume its the same one who is a current Colombian International. To use his case as an example, there's no point in him gaining Argentine citizenship. It would not benefit him in anyway. And there is no economic benefit either, as there would be with say, the USA or UK. The economies of Colombia and Argentina are very similiar.

So unless he wants to marry an Argentinian girl, why would he bother.

For some, they just don't want to have the nationality. For others, there has to be something in it for them.

The player the OP refers to, Falcao, I assume its the same one who is a current Colombian International. To use his case as an example, there's no point in him gaining Argentine citizenship. It would not benefit him in anyway. And there is no economic benefit either, as there would be with say, the USA or UK. The economies of Colombia and Argentina are very similiar.

Because it makes it easier for him to get playing time. I'm currently managing in Russia and my Slovakian goalkeeper won't take Russian nationality which really annoys me because I have some other good foreigners who would all be able to play at the same time if he was Russian. So sometimes I let the others play and he goes on the bench.

It is funny when someone tries to explain a behaviour of a code with examples from real life. If Falcao is not getting second nationality it is either how it is designed and programmed or it is minor glitch in the code. He does not have a soul or any other sensible logic to decide will he become Argentina citizen or not.

It is funny when someone tries to explain a behaviour of a code with examples from real life. If Falcao is not getting second nationality it is either how it is designed and programmed or it is minor glitch in the code. He does not have a soul or any other sensible logic to decide will he become Argentina citizen or not.

Sensible logic is applied to the game. Because for all players in the game, it would be coded into it , their likelihood of having a second nationality. Perhaps not directly, but I'd assume it would have something to do with their 'adaptability' and possibly 1 or 2 other mental stats. Basically, what's the benefit for him?

You could probably apply the same logic as when a player does not want to move to a league in a certain country. Or even to a certain club. Because it would be of no benefit and maybe even a backward step for his career.

As someone said, the fact the player would get more playing time is enough reason to get, in his case, Argentine nationality.

The fact he is a Colombian international or any economic differerences between the countries is irrelevant.

Sorondo, a Uruguayan who plays in Brazil, is trying to get Brazilian nationality exactly because if he doesn't, he won't play many games as Internacional have too many foreigners.

As someone said, the fact the player would get more playing time is enough reason to get, in his case, Argentine nationality.

The fact he is a Colombian international or any economic differerences between the countries is irrelevant.

Sorondo, a Uruguayan who plays in Brazil, is trying to get Brazilian nationality exactly because if he doesn't, he won't play many games as Internacional have too many foreigners.

To an extent, I agree, PMLF. But Falcao could easily join a major European club if he wanted too. (Which, I've often wondered why he hasn't?) Sorondo, probably not so attractive a proposition as him. As well it might have something to do with the players contract status also (Key Player, rotation, etc..)

But, this thread had peaked my curiousity about this. And following a little research, my thoughts are that in the game its coded via the country/league status. In other words, the lower the ranking of the country and/or league, the lower the chances of the player wanting to acquire the local citizenship, as it corresponds to his own. So, for example, Falcao again, he would be more likely to want citizenship of a country or region ( The EU ) if in the game its coded as a higher ranked playing and economic zone or nation.

Just my thoughts anyway. But to say that the player should automatically accept new nationalitities purely for games ( especially so if he is already an established international like Falcao or even Sorondo) and too please a manager, is short-sighted and not realistic in real life or within the game.

Archived