The FM08 Career Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i started off as Workable, some crappy Hong Kong club, and i got sacked, mainly for applying for too many jobs, then i went to Dagenham not long after, and stayed there for 2 seasons, not doing very well, now im just looking for a job.

ill find one at somepoint

Another Year?

6th and In Europe like last year, thanks very much ;)

Hahah, ive never layed fm drunk actually, ill have to sort that out sometime!

Won my last game 2-0, with my top scorer scoring both, i came 6th just a point behind 5th, was gutted! they scored 82nd minute winner aswell!

ahh well, It was a good season, Ill give Update tommorow Night, Sort out a few screenshots tonight, and do transfers etc..etc..ready for tommorow,

and Good to hear Robbo, despite your shameful villa comment ;)

Yeh we need

RB

LB

CB - Back Up

Rm

ST

Villa that is...

G'night Charles beams, ill probably be on still later, i might do a report tonight, and then copy and paste it tommorow night aswell,

got nothing else to do,..

Im Still gutted i got kicked of Fm live hahahaha :(:(

WTH!

The team who came 3rd, were the team who lost their 1st 6 games, and conceded 28 goals in them games, including 4 of them agasint me, god the turned their season around haha!

Think my Report will include ermmmmm,

Best home and Away Performances

3 Manager's players of the season

Singing of the Season

Next season Targets

My Transfers

and then Obvoiusly screenshots of my key players, etc etc,

:) Good good,

Bit Gutted my wages at the minute are 1.8 and some player is on £400 and for someone reason i gave him contract till 2011..so i cant realise him because board block it, and he wont mutual terminate, and noone will buy him for 0! :(

Yeh, :(

Now the hardest part, i need 10 players in this Summer.

its hard when in conf S/N, As people who are good for the division still look crap, so sometimes ure looking for quality, and think hes crap, when in reality hes better than 90% of players in that division..

HAHAHHAHAH Im a Genius!

I Offered that player a contract of £600 from 400 quid..and contract until 2009 (this year) and he accpeted, hahahaha, and then i just realeased him paying around 4,000 compensation haha!

Right, one last update before i go to bed myself.

Now in October and things have got a little more difficult. Injuries and suspensions are creeping in, we have more than enough players to cope but id much rather be playing my first eleven.

We've actually been playing quite well but havent been getting the results we've deserved. Other than the defeat at Bury and a loss at Halifax, we have bee the better side. But too often we have drew games we should have won. Currently, we lie 5th and i am quite happy with that. Rushden are walking the league and are already 12 points clear after only 15 games but a playoff spot is becoming increasingly likely.

Anyway, time for bed. I'll read through your review when i'm next on and continue with Stafford on sunday.

Edit - Yes you are a genius, ill have to remember that one!

Try aiming lower with friendlies. Invite championship level teams. You will still fill your ground and they should accept. if they dont, try the top league 1 sides. I can usually get the lower prem and top championship sides to accept so for BSS it may be a litle lower.

Night.

right, ive had a quick look at my squad.

some changes will have to me made, there is no Centre Mids, all Right Wingers, or Defensive Midfielders, but im sure i can sort that out, either from an affiliate, free transfers, or other loans. i will also need to bring in a replacement/better Right and Left back, aswell as a good Striker or 2.

my Affiliate is Arezzo, some Serie B side, who i have 1 or 2 players from already i think, but ill be looking at getting a few more, or getting a new Serie A affiliate ;).

there is only a Chairman, Me, Physio and Scout, so ive placed adverts for other positions, i really need an Assistant Manager, the only bad thing with adverts is hardly any unemployed staff apply, so i'd need to pay out loads of compensation, hopefully they will though, or if not, i can bring in an Assistant Manager and then search for unemployed staff.

finances dont look too good, about 55k or something, and my transfer budget is about 5k haha.

anyway, ive been brought in on the day of a match, against Sochaux Reserves, so i've put together a team based on who i think is best, and playing 4-3-3, because of the lack of midfield players, and more attacking players.

ill update after the match.

haha wtf, Sochaux have Henry :(

not that it matters, i scored after 27 seconds ;)

As an 'Unproven' manager not even the random Brazil 3rd Division clubs want me. I think its because I'm English...

Bigots

It can be pretty hard getting a job with the lowest starting reputation. You could either raise your reputation or be prepared to wait a while.

I started with the lowest reputation and it took until March to get an offer, which was from St Albans in the BSS.

The chairman strikes again accepting yet another bid for one of my strikers, this time it is Haydn Bradbury. I can't really complain too much this time though, the bid he's accepted is for £13m and he won't negotiate an extension to his current 3 year contract anyway.

While writing this, he's accepted another bid, of £20m. Unfortunately both of these bids have come from clubs I should be challenging with for promotion from the Championship.

He chose the club who bid £13m :mad:

I also wish he would negotiate a sell on clause when selling my best youngsters, the striker he sold last year fro £4.6m has just transferred for £24.5m.

Nothing like a good bit of Sod's Law!

I'm surprised that there are clubs in the Championship that have so much money!

He's now just accepted a bid of £6m for my star right back. Luckily I was able to negotiate a contract extension with his so I won't be losing him as well.

I was considering whether this would be my last season with Wycombe, he's making my decision a bit easier to make.

Pretty ridiculous to be accepting bids like this just to bring money into the club since due to my reputation there's not a lot I can do with it.

Do you mean that because you have a low rep, players don't want to come?

Yes, despite all my work Wycombe still only have a regional reputation meaning I can't really attract the best players. I have to rely on gambling on youngsters and signing cheap foreigners.

Oh right...that's a shame. How big is your stadium these days?

It is being constantly expanded, in a couple of months it will be about 20000, which is double the original size.

I've just noticed that the striker my chairman sold for £4.6m is now being described as a wonderkid and because of his transfer fee is the most valuable player in the world. :mad:

It is being constantly expanded, in a couple of months it will be about 20000, which is double the original size.

I've just noticed that the striker my chairman sold for £4.6m is now being described as a wonderkid and because of his transfer fee is the most valuable player in the world. :mad:

Tough luck Dafuge, at least you have the pride of knowing that the worlds most valuable player, who is a wonderkid into the bargain, used to play for you.

your chairman must feel pretty stupid haha.

im still searching for staff, got a few in, but no ass.man yet. EDIT: there was 1 unemployed that replied, ill take him, also got Bernardo Corradi as Youth Coach.

never managed in italian lower leagues before, hope its fun.

ive signed quite a few players, there seems to be alot of free talent hanging around in italy, i wanted to get Massimo Maccarone, but he wanted too much money.

just played my first competitive game in the Serie C Cup, in a game again Pisa, who are in Serie C1/A, im in Serie C2/B, and i got a draw :) which im quite happy with, my keeper was good, and my new Centre Mid got man of the match :D

and you'll find a job at somepoint fatski, i went a whole season without a job haha

i won my second game :D, i need to finish top of my group to get to the first round, the cup format is weird, 22 groups with 5 in each group, top teams go through to the first round, then it works like a knock-out round i think haha.

still getting a few more players in, just thinking about my wage budget.

yeah i dont think it matters if you start over with a different rep, i think a few people have done it already. and it does get boring waiting for a job offer, i went on holiday and did that apply for jobs, and come back from holiday when i get an offer.

That's what I'm doing mate. It all kicked off in January, got 2 offers from the 2 worst teams in Brazil. One had no players over the age of 15, and they were offering me:

Transfer Budget £4k

Wage Budget £0 p/w

Noooooo thank you!

haha, yeah they will most likely be a newly promoted side, i hate getting offers from them aswell, although i think thats where i am now, but they had some non-grey, non-youth players aswell, and ive brought in a few more now, just gone over my wage budget after signing Patrick Berger as a coach.

£0 p/w wages, i wouldnt go either.

playing my first league game now

I got a job, finally!! http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p279/maxwas/Offer-1.jpg

However....

This: http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p279/maxwas/Match1.jpg

Lead to this: http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p279/maxwas/Resign.jpg

Back to square one...

My reasons: No transfer budget and the wage budget was £15, the club was already £4000 over it.

So they mislead me with promise of money to spend.

Secondly, they were the worst team in the world.

haha that was short, i think thats a record number of days at the club, the record thread says 8 or something, you should post it there.

but thats not good, you lost and resigned ;) you should have atleast stayed til the end of the season, although i can kinda see why you would quit, with a £15 wage budget.

im doing well ok in italy, not lost a competitive game yet :) only played about 5

I know it was really impatient of me, but honestly, you have no idea how bad it was. 2 strikers who were horrific. And nothing else.

And no money to bring in new players who i could feel truly attached to!

I feel bad, but one must move on.

How come your playing so slowly CBEAMS?!! You've played like 5 matches all day!

Archived