The FM08 Career Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playoff semi final preview

Past Meetings

Really doesn't look good when I have to go back four years to our last win over QPR, even if that was 6-0.

Form

Not a lot to pick between the two teams although I did beat Sunderland seven games ago.

Preview

No surprise that QPR are favourites for their home leg. A draw here would be a reasonable result.

Squad

- Just realised, i have another two defenders in the reserves that arent shown in the link.

I'm happy with that squad. I could do with another right mid but other than that, i think i have adequate backup. Got my first game of the season coming up though so ill know more then!

Yeh you need another Cb imo!

And Yer i agree i think you need an out an out winger :)

By the way, do you always have 3 goalies and 5 strikers,

Just wondering is different styles etc,

By the way, you got some great players of your own including loans

C.Daniel, Blizzard is class, to name just a few,

i decided to watch Dag & Reds last game of the season, and it was a pretty important game, mainly because they were avoiding relegation, but really the Havant & Waterlooville game was going to send them down, and they did, up until the 88th minute, and Dag & Red survived, on goal difference haha.

atleast i know i did a better job than their current manager John Beck :D.

end of season now, just got to wait for all the jobs to start becoming available.

unlucky in the play-offs :(

I think the squad i posted doesnt tell the whole story. Of the 5 strikers, one is my assistant manager who refused to sign a contract unless it was player/assistant manager. He's retiring in the summer though.. bout time! The loan signing was not expected. I had him last year and planned my team without him, but when he agreed to join again, i jumped at the chance. I am only playing one upfront at the moment so three strikers would have been sufficient.

As for CB, as i said, i have two in the reserves that are adequate.

I am looking for a winger but with no money to spend and no room left in the wage budget, i may have to cope.

As for the three goalies, again, i planned my team without the loans but jumped at the chance of bringing in a quality keeper.

Nobody ever wants my players unless they are on frees. And i think ill keep the three tbh. Redmond is often away on international duty so i dont want to be left with just one other keeper.

I'll be looking to get rid of Adnan Ahmed as he is my highest paid player, taking up 10% of my wage budget! And he only makes the bench this season. He was looking really good last season but got injured and was out for four month. He has never recovered to his preious levels.

Ahmed is the one from Tranmere isnt he, and 10% of your wages, thats a fair bit!

Played any games Yet?

Also Starburst, who do you reckon you will be?

I Usually only load english down to conference south/north tbf,

I Never manage abroad anyway!

Also Robbo i find it weird, some games, noone wants my players, then another game, the otrher week i was bournemouth, and i was selling players worth 30k for 300k etc etc..

Coming to the end of my season, Ill probably do a Lay out like yours, Slighlty Different though

Im hoping for a previously unplayable italian team, I prefer the italian lower leagues over english ones because theres generally more talent for cheap wages, more foreign players will come to your team and when you get a previously unplayable team you have a bit of cash to spend and can build your own team and not inherit a crap team.

My layout was all over the place, with it being my first season there were a lot of changes and it all came out a bif muddled.

Ahmed is from Tranmere, he's on about £700 in a wage budget of £5k. At least my wage budget increased from the £3.5k they gave me last season.

Just signed a central defender and a right winger on small wages as a bit of cover. Its mid August now though and there wasnt much to choose from. I'll probably wait until mid season now and try and bring in a better winger then if i need one.

Played two matches so far. Beat Forest Green away 2-0 on opening day then came from behind to draw against Kettering 1-1.

The season is looking good so far.

W 2-0 v Forest Green

D 1-1 v Kettering

L 0-2 v York

W 3-2 v Ebbsfleet

W 5-2 v Dag & Red

W 3-2 v Crawley

2nd in the table

lolleyj - The first season was always going to be tough, next season will hopefully be better

Great Start, goals are flowing in nicely of late :)

What size would you have for a Conference south / north side, im trying to make my players as Full Timers, so they can improve..but this means paying them more money and also probably maybe be abit more tired, what do you think?

Not quite sure what you mean there. What size what?

All my players are on part time contracts. If i look like getting promoted to the football league, i will look at giving players full time deals as i expect we would turn professional.

I Meant Squad Number, and Yeh im Part time oboviusly at the moment, but im trying to get the Younger players who may have a future say in 3 or 4 years at the club to be on full time deals, so they can improve and play to their potential

I like to have a squad of around 25. My first eleven, adequate back up for each position and a couple of youngsters. Having said that, if the budget is tight, i may go as far as having a squad of about 18 but i would sign a few players that can play in various positions.

Good luck in the playoffs lolleyj!

I am going to start this challenge tomorrow! Unfortunately i found the year 2186 just too slow...So I'll start tomorrow...Also, random question, but would FM run quicker if I dragged all the program files and stuff over to an external hard drive?

Will be on a lot tomorrow, get ready for some hardcore updates...

Nice Fatski Haha :)

I Wont be on much tommorow :(, Got cricket all day!

Dont know about Files btw Fatski sorry, someone else can help you,

Also what time are people on till tonight, not sure whether to do end of season review tonight, or when im back from cricket tommorow night?

Wont be on much longer, probs between 30mins and an hour. Going to watch football tomorow so have to be up relatively early.

Not sure about the files either Fatski.

Well, after a respectable draw against Rochdale and a win at Burton, i've been brought back down to earth. 4-0 down at half time against Bury!

Ouch Robbo!I hate it when it all just crumbles before you're eyes...I dont think of myself as much of an angry person, but I get such a bad temper when I see the opposition's flashing 'goal' sign...

Also, just realise that I'm also playing cricket in the afternoon AND going to a wedding reception, so I probably wont be on till late...But then I'll be really ON!

What Football is it?

Pre-season game, or just Local? and Yikes, 4-0!? what happened their haha!

Cambridge City 1-2 Chippenham - My two best players both scored which was Nice,

Means im 8th, 2 points behind 5th and 3 points behind 4th, so at least their is a better chance, although doesnt look to promising!

im thinking of going on holiday for a while, and find something else to do, see if i have a job offer when i come back to it

also about that file thing, i think you'd need to re-install the game to the other hard drive, but all you'd need to do is copy over the save files and graphics (if you have any), im not sure if it would make it run quicker though haha.

Archived