The Lost Season 4 thread *for episodes aired in the US/abc.com* *season 3 spoilers and a mid-season cut-off guranteed*

rosslarkin

Originally posted by bolton1987:

For some reason I reckon Charlie might reappear in Season 5

You mean in flashbacks?

And I also wonder if Mikhail is actually dead this time as a couple of times before we last saw he it looked as if he should be dead but he ended up surviving.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlie isn't that best swimmer he just said that then looked at Des as though to say ' I hope they believe this'. I'm a pretty good swimmer and couldn't of matched his effort though.

Also they haven't been missing a long time, the plane was found they sent camera's down to the wreck, all the bodies were there. Or so says Naomi. So why would the airline give a pass to someone who is dead? how the writers are going to explain this one I don't know. Charlie had a greatest hits out apparently. Ofcourse if Naomi isnt who she says then it could all be lies. The fact is the bodies could not of been found because they are all on the island.

Also of note; Naomi had a picture of pennie and des in her back pack that was found before they found her. She aso explained her company were paid by a women who she had never met to search a set of co-ordinates. Then when charlie mentioned naomi pennie had no idea who she was...

I think we have to assume all is not right with Noami. Is she dead ? Locke threw a knife at her. It's not Penny's boat which everyone thought it was so you cant even assume that it isnt someone like Dhamma coming back to take over the island/continue experiments. The food drops have continued.

Communications to the outside have been down since the (original) hatch exploded so maybe they're coming back to monitor things ?

If it isnt Penny's boat you have to wonder what the hell Penny is doing. Those Russian blokes in the middle of the seas got a signal and phoned her to tell her they found the island or whatever but she's not made it yet. Got all Widmore's money but what's she done if that's not her on that boat ? Loser icon_biggrin.gif

Another thing that's been forgotten that i'd like an explanation of is the original Henry Gale. The guy Ben stole the identity of. He came on a balloon with his wife. What was his story ? Boat people/Naomi type in previous attempt to get to the island ?

Originally posted by Hexhamlad:

How did they catch ben out with the lie again? they went and found the parchute then what?

this was season 2 wasn't it. I'm tempted to watch all of it again.

Sayeed dug up the body of what was supposed to be his wife but it was the real Henri Gale with a passport or some other ID.

All the stuff Danielle has never seen. When they find the eye-patch guys bunker place she says she's never been there. 16 freaking years i reckon she's been everywhere !

Never seen a food drop ? No Dhamma food in her hideout when Sayid found her.

She's dodgy, mate icon_biggrin.gif

Like to know what he was doing on the island. Maybe someone trying to find the island a la this boat and Ben went out to stop them. Not sure how he got stuck in that tree though.

Cant remember if it was covered but did he want to get caught so he could learn about Lost guys ? Danielle found him anyway and told Sayid originally

Well, Widmore clearly involved in somehow people getting on the island. Desmond's boat, pregnancy tests that were used also from Widmore.

There is a Mrs Gale by the looks of it and he really did crash their by accident. Maybe just telling his wife that and he really was in a Naomi type role. Maybe it's Widmore related but not Penny ... her father instead

I hope they get into that anyway in the new series

Hmm, could you explain a bit more. Just the word spoiler doesn't want me to click that link. Infact I think I should just stay clear.

So what did people see in Jacob's house. Second time through I'm sure I saw a man dressed in a light coloured shirt/top. Maybe thats just me though. Would be interested to hear what other people think. Surely the whole Jacob thing is going to be the main story next season.

lol well at least it makes you relate to your real life feelings icon_biggrin.gif

it is true those characters were rushed, but i think it's something to do with the program they were in which will be relevant to the Lost 'arc'

I watched the Ethan getting shot ep last night, such a **** thing to do by Charlie, but i never liked him anyway, especially in flashbacks. Such a weakling

Originally posted by Hexhamlad:

So what did people see in Jacob's house. Second time through I'm sure I saw a man dressed in a light coloured shirt/top. Maybe thats just me though. Would be interested to hear what other people think. Surely the whole Jacob thing is going to be the main story next season.

Jacob?

Is that a long-winded way of saying "who are you"?

You just didn't seem to get the whole flash-forward/Golden Ticket/Jack's dad being dead thing, which seems quite strange. It's pretty much a given that this is all in the future, and the whole 'coffin being empty' thing is a red herring with regards to Christian being dead/alive - it's something used to crank up the tension for Jack when there's some flashback-related daddy issues.

Originally posted by Don Baker:

Is that a long-winded way of saying "who are you"?

You just didn't seem to get the whole flash-forward/Golden Ticket/Jack's dad being dead thing, which seems quite strange. It's pretty much a given that this is all in the future, and the whole 'coffin being empty' thing is a red herring with regards to Christian being dead/alive - it's something used to crank up the tension for Jack when there's some flashback-related daddy issues.

Why would I not get that?

I simply question everything that is going on. Granted my post may seem like I was thinking out loud. It's very apparent it's a flash forward when Jack is screaming 'we have to go back'. I mentioned the golden ticket simply because it contradicted everything Naomi had said about 815.

One of the Podcasts the writers were talking about Niki/Paulo and saying how they brought them into the show but was one of those things where they felt they were neglecting other main characters and then was a good opportunity with their own story arc to bring it all to a close.

Something like that anyway. I seem to remember them both saying they'd be open to be involved in the show in the future, flash backs, etc

Plus, Niki was fit

I watched all the series of Lost behind when they came out so never really been able to join in the threads and stuff as they go along. Gonna be the same this series too icon_frown.gif

Consequently, i missed out on a load of the extras that seemed to be knocking about to support the show, like these weird sites. What were all these games from previous seasons then that kind of fill in back story and stuff ? Worth checking out ?

Originally posted by The_Fish:

We know Naomi wasnt to be trusted tbf.

Yeah but the only reason I can think she would say that is to make them think there is little hope of rescue. Ie- she is the only way off the island. Later she says to claire 'who is that rockstar' or something similar, when infact she has heard his name earlier when discussing the greatets hits. She just seems weird.

Here's what I think;

Naomi and her lot are Dharma coming back to take the island, hence Ben's fear; "If you call that radio, everyone here will die." They're taking it all back in the same way they were taken over.

Now, I've seen the trailer and what not and also a video on YouTube which is very interesting. Without giving too much away (you can find the video if you want to see it), its a two-minute long Dharma video with that scientist in. Very interesting.

I think the island itself is important. It's almost like the most important character. I think we've seen glimpses of its qualities but I personally think its done something to Jacob, who was a real bloke, and he/it made Ben and co. take over Dharma. For some purpose.

Locke's been taken in by the island and I think Jack might do too - hence what we saw at the end of S3. Although I'm not fully convinced as Jack is too strong-a character to 'give in' to the island like that. Plus he's also been portrayed as Locke's opposite at the end of one of the seasons; 'Man Of Faith/Man Of Science'.

Fin.

Ben isnt an original hostile though. I know the island has "healing qualities" and all but still technically not "one of them". Something huge must have happened for the Hostiles to make Ben leader though.

Maybe Dhamma have been observing from off the island ?

I really enjoyed that 2nd batch of series 3 (after first 6) and final episode was superb.

Originally posted by Razzler:

What's Penny playing at though ? Her crew "found" the island and she's still not got her act together

Ah yes, forgot about her.

It's hard to tell how long it really is from her being rang up in the night to the events at the end of S3. A fortnight? I don't know. Were those scientists in the Antarctic 'just' looking for Desmond? Why were they in the Antarctic, of all places? Why were they waiting for the hatch to explode, as if they knew it would happen?

My view is that these Antarctic scientists are observing the island for someone. Maybe modern-day Dharma, maybe someone else. I mean, there is a signal from the island because of the hatch. An island miles away, middle of no-where. They have equipment that knows when the hatch blows, or at least they have equipment that receives such signals from that area of the world. Why?

Someone else, again, maybe modern-day Dharma (most likely) know about the island. Penny, for some reason, has an idea Desmond is there. How? I don't know. I don't think we've got enough to really speculate on that.

But I can see 'Penny's lot' coming to the island just before the Dharma, who land early S4, fullfill their plan of killing everyone.

Why it's taking them so long, I don't know. But it's prominent.

Archived