[Sweden] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to Sweden here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for Sweden should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

Errors with club Kalmar FF:

Errors in finance:

Source yearly economy report:
https://kalmarff.se/app/uploads/2020/03/Årsredovisning-Kalmar-FF-2019.pdf

* Correct club Balance is 4400000 sek

* Club sponsor income is 21 425 000 sek, not including grants and club membership income (page 12)
* Club memberships are 500 000 sek (page 13)
* Government grants are 6525000 sek (page 13)

* Stadium rental is 825 000 sek per year. Not 3 000 000 sek
The rent is currently reduced to 400 000 during covid.
https://www.barometern.se/sport/kff-har-fatt-halverad-hyra

* Number of season ticket holders: 2700
http://medieproduktion.lnu.se/hashtag-kalmar/2020/02/19/arskortsforsaljningen-okar-i-allsvenskan-sa-gar-det-for-kalmar-ff/

Error in feeder club:
* Kalmar FF are not a feeder club to amature club IFK Stocksund. They have no relation at all.
* Östers IF,  Jönköpings Södra IF and Mjällby should have "like friendly" relation with Kalmar

Error in relation:
* Kalmar FF have no relation with IFK Berga. Berga is one of many lower league / local town club from Kalmar. There is no rivalry, they have never played in the same division.
* Rivalry with Kalmar AIK should be historic. They were rivals when both clubs were in the top leagues. Kalmar AIK have been at division level 4-6 the last 30 years.

Opinion:
* Youth Facilities and Coaching seem underrated looking at player production compare to other swedish clubs should be 15+
* Youth importence is very underrated, looking at current squad and squad over last 10-15 years it should be around top of the range.

Edited by La Grande Inter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Some notes on ÖIS based on the last season:

Adam Bergmark Wiberg should have the PPM's "Shoots from distance" and "Tries first-time shots" added, he showed this past season that he is always thinking about shooting and will do so almost every time he receives the ball in the final third without evaluating any other options. I would also argue that his rating of 11 in finishing is too generous, especially when compared to Ludwigson who he was intended to replace. Neither of them are technically gifted players but with Ludwigson you could trust his touch and his placement to a degree that you cannot do with Bergmark Wiberg, Ludwigson can poach while Bergmark Wiberg is only ever going to score reliably through sheer volume. Since Ludwigson's finishing is rated fairly at 12  I'd say a 9 would be an accurate rating for Bergmark Wiberg, because there is certainly more than a single degree of difference between the two.

Kevin Ackermann is a player who has shown tremendous determination overcoming his heart condition and continues to show that same determination on the pitch, he is also a mentally mature player with a dedication to football beyond the ordinary, consequently his rating for determination should be no lower than 16 and his ratings for ambition and professionalism should be among the highest in the division.

Also some thoughts on the club legends, icons and favoured personell: 

First off Wilhelm Friberg should be listed as a founder rather than a chairman and Agne Simonsson should be listed as both a player and a manager. I would also reconsider the listings of Johan Anegrund and Dick Last as icons, good, popular players in their time but they certainly do not belong in the same company as the likes of Sören Börjesson, Nicklas Sjöstedt and Magnus Källander, Last's failed tenure as director of football also soured his status with the fans, I would suggest moving them down into favoured personell. From that same era the three Brazilians Afonso Alves, Paulinho Guara and Valter Tomaz Jr. are ignored, when I would argue that looking back they are more memorable than Anegrund or Last. All three should be in the list of favoured personell and in my opinion Afonso should be listed as an icon. I think Ailton's status at the club justifies listing him as an icon as well.

The listings also seem to ignore the last 10 years of club history, Daniel Paulson should certainly be listed as favoured personell and while he is a divisive figure to some I would argue Jakob Lindström should be as well, him climbing the fence at Strandvallen to celebrate with the fans is one of the defining moments for the club in this era.

Sponsorship income for Malmo FF is not correct. 2019's numbers for Allsvenskan attached (figure 22)

https://www.svenskelitfotboll.se/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/B20006se_Fotboll_2019_Final_02.pdf

Stadium sponsorship figure also incorrect. Estimated at 7,000,000 SEK per annum and expires 31/12/25.

https://www.expressen.se/kvallsposten/sport/fotboll/allsvenskan/just-nu-avslojar-nya-namnet-pa-stadion/

New stadium name is Eleda Stadion.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: Markus Rosenberg, without question, should be moved to club Legend.

Zlatan may have built our stadium, but it was Rosenberg that paid for it. 

Edited by freddieos

On 04/01/2021 at 19:20, zZzZzZzZzZzZzZz said:

Some notes on ÖIS based on the last season:

Adam Bergmark Wiberg should have the PPM's "Shoots from distance" and "Tries first-time shots" added, he showed this past season that he is always thinking about shooting and will do so almost every time he receives the ball in the final third without evaluating any other options. I would also argue that his rating of 11 in finishing is too generous, especially when compared to Ludwigson who he was intended to replace. Neither of them are technically gifted players but with Ludwigson you could trust his touch and his placement to a degree that you cannot do with Bergmark Wiberg, Ludwigson can poach while Bergmark Wiberg is only ever going to score reliably through sheer volume. Since Ludwigson's finishing is rated fairly at 12  I'd say a 9 would be an accurate rating for Bergmark Wiberg, because there is certainly more than a single degree of difference between the two.

Kevin Ackermann is a player who has shown tremendous determination overcoming his heart condition and continues to show that same determination on the pitch, he is also a mentally mature player with a dedication to football beyond the ordinary, consequently his rating for determination should be no lower than 16 and his ratings for ambition and professionalism should be among the highest in the division.

Also some thoughts on the club legends, icons and favoured personell: 

First off Wilhelm Friberg should be listed as a founder rather than a chairman and Agne Simonsson should be listed as both a player and a manager. I would also reconsider the listings of Johan Anegrund and Dick Last as icons, good, popular players in their time but they certainly do not belong in the same company as the likes of Sören Börjesson, Nicklas Sjöstedt and Magnus Källander, Last's failed tenure as director of football also soured his status with the fans, I would suggest moving them down into favoured personell. From that same era the three Brazilians Afonso Alves, Paulinho Guara and Valter Tomaz Jr. are ignored, when I would argue that looking back they are more memorable than Anegrund or Last. All three should be in the list of favoured personell and in my opinion Afonso should be listed as an icon. I think Ailton's status at the club justifies listing him as an icon as well.

The listings also seem to ignore the last 10 years of club history, Daniel Paulson should certainly be listed as favoured personell and while he is a divisive figure to some I would argue Jakob Lindström should be as well, him climbing the fence at Strandvallen to celebrate with the fans is one of the defining moments for the club in this era.

Will look into this.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had two newgens named Janne and Ronny - two names that nobody gets baptised to anymore thankfully. I've seen in the Denmark data thread that their researcher has deleted certain old names, so hoping it can be done for Sweden too. Here's a list of the 10 most uncommon (old) names for boys 2017 for reference:

https://nyheter24.se/nyheter/inrikes/905702-har-ar-namnen-ingen-ville-dopa-sitt-barn-till-2017

Thanks!

Sorry, me again.

I raised this previously that the sponsorship income for Allsvenskan is wrong, by about half in fact (see article below).

https://www.resume.se/alla-nyheter/nyheter/sponsorintakterna-i-allsvenskan-okar-sa-mycket-tjanar-din-klubb/

Instead of 24m annually it should be about 44m (euro) according to 2019's accounts. 

image.thumb.png.1f98ed61e3535c3bb58f6e9203c19f0b.png

Breakdown (2019):

Malmö FF 70,3 MKR (69,2) +
AIK 38,8 MKR (31,2) +
Hammarby IF 34,5 MKR (30,7) +
IFK Göteborg 33,4 MKR (36,7) -
Dalkurd FF 32,8 MKR (ny)
IF Elfsborg 32,3 MKR (33,8) -
Djurgårdens IF 30,7 MKR (25,4) +
Häcken 24,1 MKR (22,5) +
Örebro SK 22,9 MKR (24,8) -
Kalmar FF 21,9 MKR (20,8) -
IK Sirius 18,2 MKR (13,5) +
Trelleborgs FF 16,3 MKR (ny)
IFK Norrköping 16,1 MKR (16,6) -
Brommapojkarna 14,2 MKR (ny)
Östersunds FK 13,9 MKR (17) -
GIF Sundsvall 13 MKR (15,2) -

Edited by freddieos

On 20/01/2021 at 20:59, freddieos said:

I've just had two newgens named Janne and Ronny - two names that nobody gets baptised to anymore thankfully. I've seen in the Denmark data thread that their researcher has deleted certain old names, so hoping it can be done for Sweden too. Here's a list of the 10 most uncommon (old) names for boys 2017 for reference:

https://nyheter24.se/nyheter/inrikes/905702-har-ar-namnen-ingen-ville-dopa-sitt-barn-till-2017

Thanks!

Names come and go in waves and FM is a game that people play 25, 50 or even 100 years into the future. There's a bunch of names that are popular now that only people in retirement homes had in the 90s, someone looking back 20 years from now is going to find the trendy names of today like Noah or Liam hopelessly out of fashion, while some of the names from the article you linked will be popular again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There will be no more data updates for FM21. We are now working with FM22. If you are interested in the economy in the game you are more than welcome to join our research team. As you know the biggest problem in the last games is that Swedish teams get to rich to quick, so to give the clubs more sponsormoney would only make the problem bigger. Contact me if you are intrested or want to give me information about all the clubs sponsorships money. ( per.antonsson@yahoo.se)

Couple of players whose international caps needed updating as of the end of the 19/20 season, haven't included anything from this year.

Mohammed Saied (Sirius) is missing his cap for Eritrea against Namibia on 10/09/19: https://www.national-football-teams.com/player/75504/Mohammed_Saeid.html

Ronald Mukiibi (Ostersunds) had 3 caps 0 goals for Uganda at the start of the season: https://www.national-football-teams.com/player/74623/Ronald_Mukiibi.html

Aly Keita (Ostersunds) had 9 caps for Guinea at the start of the season: https://www.national-football-teams.com/player/72164/Aly_Keita.html

Joseph Okumu (Elsfborg) had 9 caps 0 goals for Kenya at the start of the season: https://www.national-football-teams.com/player/64616/Joseph_Okumu.html

Emmanuel Banda (Djurgardens) has 7 caps 0 goals for Zambia: https://www.national-football-teams.com/player/68825/Emmanuel_Banda.html

Jasse Tuominen (Hacken) has 15 caps 1 goal for Finland, first goal was 15/11/19 against Liechtenstein: https://www.national-football-teams.com/player/66201/Jasse_Tuominen.html

Joona Toivio (Hacken) had 65 caps 3 goals for Finland at the start of the season: https://www.national-football-teams.com/player/39518/Joona_Toivio.html

I appreciate that.

But just as a thought maybe you could use the information and take it up with the relevant HR in order to get it accurate as some of the players are a couple of seasons out of date, which is why I did not mention anything from this season.

Edited by Timma

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/03/2021 at 14:34, stoke said:

There will be no more data updates for FM21. We are now working with FM22. If you are interested in the economy in the game you are more than welcome to join our research team. As you know the biggest problem in the last games is that Swedish teams get to rich to quick, so to give the clubs more sponsormoney would only make the problem bigger. Contact me if you are intrested or want to give me information about all the clubs sponsorships money. ( per.antonsson@yahoo.se)

How is correct economy a problem for the game?

On 24/03/2021 at 14:34, stoke said:

There will be no more data updates for FM21. We are now working with FM22. If you are interested in the economy in the game you are more than welcome to join our research team. As you know the biggest problem in the last games is that Swedish teams get to rich to quick, so to give the clubs more sponsor money would only make the problem bigger. Contact me if you are intrested or want to give me information about all the clubs sponsorships money. ( per.antonsson@yahoo.se)

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm very familiar with that certain leagues, including the Scandinavian, have too much money a few years in to any save. It's a complex issue, I personally believe its due to a lack of wage growth in the top-5 leagues which means they have more money to spend on transfer fees and those money trickle down the leagues eventually. The removal of dividend payments in privatised clubs in recent additions probably also plays a part. Then you have VAT on domestic transfers, although not sure how, or if, the game deals with that as it stands. I bet payments to agents should (sadly) be increased too in order to better match the real world. 

Happy to help with the economic side of the research although not sure what I can contribute. I think you've done a great job already in splitting the TV revenue and prize money for Allsvenskan, added together in FM21 it roughly matches the real world figures. The only gap I spotted was the sponsorship revenue for Allsvenskan was originally half that compared to 2019's real figures (which I pointed out in a post above). I haven't started a new save in ages but happy to hear Malmo now got 69m! :)

Edited by freddieos

• 3 months later...