Most underrated/overrated players fm20

What are your opinions on this?

For me personally Bernardo silva is overrated (wins the ballon d'or at least once or is top 3 on my saves) and heung min son is underrated ( he barely plays like even a good premier division winger in game).

Interested to know your thoughts 

27 minutes ago, Phillybear said:

Most on the England national team is overrated.

Most of the Germany national team are underrated. Only their GK are rated properly.

Comparisons between these 2 nations in tournament results and their players' CA/PA show how badly biased SI "researchers" are.

The comparison in your eyes only shows that their opinions differ from yours- please do not call out the research team as biased.

33 minutes ago, Phillybear said:

Most on the England national team is overrated.

Most of the Germany national team are underrated. Only their GK are rated properly.

Comparisons between these 2 nations in tournament results and their players' CA/PA show how badly biased SI "researchers" are.

Thomas Müller of Germany was dejected as Germany lost to South Korea on Wednesday.

:brock:

10 hours ago, FrazT said:

The comparison in your eyes only shows that their opinions differ from yours- please do not call out the research team as biased.

Let's not pretend that Football Manager and going back further to the Championship Manager games haven't been biased towards English based players and teams since forever and you can bet that Timo Werner will have drastically improved mentals in FM21 now that he's based in England. English teams, players and the national team go on absurd periods of dominance that don't even remotely reflect their IRL counterparts.

Edited by chunkz1187

I agree that Son is terribly underrated in FM. Harry Kane is ridiculously good compared to real life. The argument for making him that good is "because he has scored goals consistantly over the years". But many players score alot of goals that aren't world class. Harry Kane is good, but he is slow and cumbersome. He should rather be in a class with such strikers as jermain defoe and kevin phillips. Aubameyang performs better in real life, yet not as good as Kane in game.

Liverpool are too good in game. In real life they are good, but it's probably more to do with Klopp than having world class players in every position. I mean, Robertson and Arnold are good, but it is because they have very good offensive qualities like crossing/free kicks. How about make them good at what they do but not also good at everything else? 

the game would be more fun and realistic if players have less evenly distributed stats, and more extreme in specific ways of play.

Nelson Semedo. For some reason he is one of the best right backs in game, yet in real life he has never been near that level. This is also true of Barcas other youngsters that are potentially world class, yet have hardly played in la liga.  Ødegaard has shown much more promise, but is rated half as good as Pedri, Fati etc. It's the Bojan effect.

English players in general have too good technique and first touch.

If I would have two wishes it would be to 1) make players more unique, and 2) don't operate with set potentials (-9 is also a set potential ability). the potential of young players should be fluid and the result of how you handle his development.

Edited by V3ntricity