Does FM20 still have that thing where you can get too much money and go bankrupt?

Just curious as to what the figure is that you want to avoid if this is still the case? I remember in the past there was an amount (I think £1bn) where the finances would flip out and you'd lose a load?

I'm doing a side mission in my game of raising as much funds from transfers as possible and just want to make sure I don't (or hopefully can't) take it too far

18 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Hasn't been like that for quite a few versions afaik. At this point, once you hit the cap, the money gets 'invested' into something which lowers your bank balance. 

This happened to me on FM18.

But that to me sounds like it flips out like the OP lol.

The game is 64 bit now so I would be surprised if that is still an issue. I'm guessing that will probably be an issue caused by the maximum value that a 32 bit signed integer can hold (2,147,483,647, or just over 2bn) and when you go one over that it flips all the way round to the minimum value that the int can hold (-2,147,483,648, about -2bn). A 64-bit signed integer can be much larger (up to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807, or just over 9 quintillion) so assuming they updated that value we should be ok for a while now :)

14 minutes ago, Britrock said:

The game is 64 bit now so I would be surprised if that is still an issue. I'm guessing that will probably be an issue caused by the maximum value that a 32 bit signed integer can hold (2,147,483,647, or just over 2bn) and when you go one over that it flips all the way round to the minimum value that the int can hold (-2,147,483,648, about -2bn). A 64-bit signed integer can be much larger (up to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807, or just over 9 quintillion) so assuming they updated that value we should be ok for a while now :)

Well there goes my aim of raising £10 quintillion!

On FM19, I was at United for a long time and whenever the bank balance approached around £1.2bn, the board put a chunk (Usually circa £300m) into an "Investment" fund.

This money disappears off your books and everywhere else.

It did come back a little though, I was able to have a brand new stadium built for circa £800m without a single dent to my clubs finances.

I believe this was added to avoid the issue mentioned.

6 hours ago, Mitchutd said:

On FM19, I was at United for a long time and whenever the bank balance approached around £1.2bn, the board put a chunk (Usually circa £300m) into an "Investment" fund.

It did come back a little though, I was able to have a brand new stadium built for circa £800m without a single dent to my clubs finances.

That was because FM19 was still made for 32-bit computers. From FM20, the game is only 64-bit, so I'm not aware of it needing to do that anymore. It might still do it, I'm not sure, I've never ended up keeping that much money 😄

8 hours ago, Mitchutd said:

Thanks everyone for the replies, looks like this is the most recent answer. I'm all good with that, don't need to keep the money so long as it doesn't think the club is broke. Thanks for the reply, I should get to request my second new stadium a year or two after the £1bn mark is crossed so hopefully the same thing will happen. I'm kinda hoping the bigger the bank balance then the bigger the stadium but I think that is just wishful thinking!