FM20: Unia Janikowo - Beyond Football Manager

Rikulec

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OdBhLc1.jpg

Heartbreak doesn't even begin to cover how I feel now. Drkusic blew a golden opportunity to double our lead right after scoring. Then their keeper hoofed it and our defenders decided to let their striker run through the middle, because why the **** not. And what better way to wrap it up than a 95th minute long shot goal?

7 hours ago, Rikulec said:

OdBhLc1.jpg

Heartbreak doesn't even begin to cover how I feel now. Drkusic blew a golden opportunity to double our lead right after scoring. Then their keeper hoofed it and our defenders decided to let their striker run through the middle, because why the **** not. And what better way to wrap it up than a 95th minute long shot goal?

It had to be FCK, too. The dog shoe bastards. 

7 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

It had to be FCK, too. The dog shoe bastards. 

I used to hate them back in the FM16 days when I managed Hobro, now it's coming back. :(

6 hours ago, Bitner said:

Dammit :(((((((((((((

Cheers,
Bitner 

Dammit indeed. :(

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2033 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

0Q4Ap91.jpg

MVdrwNZ.jpg

Barring some last gasp turnaround, we're probably looking at yet another disappointment.

Puchar Polski

9uSP9WR.jpg

A dire game settled by a set piece header.

I rushed the update above a little bit, forgetting about the youth intake that was going to happen in March (sometimes it's March, sometimes it's April). So...

JJUkPkO.jpg

...holy ****ing ****. Now I really wish I hadn't bought Kokot, we can't have two amazing young goalkeepers playing simultaneously!

Jerzy Gajkowski

Andrzej Zielinski

Przemyslaw Jurczak

33 minutes ago, Toffle said:

Andrzej Zielinski is a blessing  :eek:  and another reason to keep playing  :D

Next season is yours!

I keep saying that every season. :D Glad you share my love for Zielinski though, cheers!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2033 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

EckL26q.jpg

9CbTQ64.jpg

We've had worse months. Plenty of drama up top as Śląsk lost a home derby against Zagłębie on final day, allowing Pogoń to pip them to the title after a 3:0 victory over Legia.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2032/33 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa (championship group) - PKO BP Ekstraklasa (relegation group)

Results (Jul-Dec) - Results (Feb-May)

Competition Performance: 5th

Disappointment, yet again. We've been in this league for eight years now and one would think we'd have won it at least one at this point, but no. This season we never looked like doing it, struggling to find our rhythm and doing really poor up front, apart from some standout performances we found it very difficult to score goals. Another thing is that Pogoń won the league with just 73 points. We got 74 last year...

Puchar Polski

Competition Performance: Quarter Final

We did okay. Nothing more and nothing less than that.

UEFA Europa Conference League

Competition Performance: First Knockout Round

An amazing performance in our European debut, we only lost one game... but it was an extremely costly and painful defeat.

Squad

Most of our stars are yet to shine. This squad is going to be great in a couple of seasons, I only expect slight changes from now on.

Transfers - Finances

Once again we smashed all sorts of club transfer records, earning a healthy amount of money and bringing in some great talent.

The finances look very good, but pretty much all this cash will be spent on facility upgrades and a transfer I've secured.

Player of the Season

1st - Pawel Bykowski - a big season for our captain as he beat Fabiszewski's league appearances record. Consistent as always, he also maintained his status as the only player to have scored at least once in every season we've been in the Ekstraklasa. It's a bit funny that at 25 he's our oldest and most experienced player, you'd think he'd at least be favoured personnel with all these stats, but sadly he's not.

2nd - Piotr Grosicki - plenty of assists and some nice development over the course of the season. He's still not really performing as well as his attributes would suggest, but I'm more than willing to give him more time to shine. Next season he'll be playing up front rather than on the wing.

3rd - Ireneusz Pekala - amazing in Europe, decent domestically. He had a great string of performances towards the end of 2032, unfortunately he couldn't quite carry that form into the second part of the season. Plenty of clubs are circling around him though and I might just cash in, who knows.

Next Season

We all want the same.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2033/34 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Top half finish
Puchar Polski: Semi-final

My Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: I don't want to make any declarations, let's just see what happens.
Puchar Polski: A good run would be nice.

Budgets:

Transfer: £4,442,324
Wage: £109,360 (currently spending £44,599)
Balance: £3,750,240

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2033/34 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

DpBwD4C.jpg

Nice to beat a club of Genk's stature. We were also 8:0 up against Lech Rypin after just 31 minutes.

Transfers

mWGYdJT.jpg

A relatively quiet window so far, hopefully it stays that way.

Bence Antal - he doesn't have much to offer going forward, but defensively he should be a rock at left back.

Milivoje Dukic - the idea is to have him as a first choice winger and give Wozniak one more year of development.

In addition, Andrzej Zielinski and Przemyslaw Jurczak have been promoted to the first team.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2033 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

B3tKYb8.jpg

VrVxauk.jpg

A fantastic start with three wins out of three, two points clear at the top already. It's way too early to get excited, but we actually seem to be scoring goals!

On 23/03/2020 at 15:28, Rikulec said:

I rushed the update above a little bit, forgetting about the youth intake that was going to happen in March (sometimes it's March, sometimes it's April). So...

JJUkPkO.jpg

...holy ****ing ****. Now I really wish I hadn't bought Kokot, we can't have two amazing young goalkeepers playing simultaneously!

Jerzy Gajkowski

Andrzej Zielinski

Przemyslaw Jurczak

Zielinski looks like he'll be going to a big league for a big fee pretty soon tbf so I wouldn't sell Kokot yet...

42 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Zielinski looks like he'll be going to a big league for a big fee pretty soon tbf so I wouldn't sell Kokot yet...

For now Zielinski is our no. 1 while Kokot is no. 2, so there's room for both. :thup:

55 minutes ago, rodesire said:

Go defensive for last 5-10min of the game?

It's the lack of conversion that's the problem, not late goals. At 67% possession and 16 shots to 1 I feel like we should be winning by two or three goals, not drawing (and sometimes we even lose these games). I keep trying different approaches, but my tactical changes seem to have very little effect on the way we play or how the stats shape up. That's by far the most discouraging element of the save: not simply failing to win, but the sensation that whatever I do has no influence on the eventual outcome.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2033 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

TpMXm5Z.jpg

FruLN3J.jpg

Ugh. I guess an unbeaten month is an unbeaten month, but Zagłębie have slipped four points away.

Puchar Polski

Gxh6s0Y.jpg

A fantastic solo goal decided what could have been a tricky tie at this stage.

We travel to a 3rd tier side Chojniczanka next month.

Transfers

Spencer Belcher - a short-term solution for the middle of the park. Belcher joins on a season-long loan from Aston Villa and he looks like a player and a half for our league.

Jakub Buchta - we paid Slovan Liberec £1,1M for Maksymilian Nowak's replacement. He doesn't look half bad.

phdSFCv.jpg

QWDTThl.jpg

Ws86SDN.jpg

VZoj35W.jpg

cdtxz1a.jpg

Wx4cWag.jpg

Alright guys. Some of you may be disappointed by this, but I've made a decision to put an end to this miserable showing. I feel like this game has been taking the **** for a few seasons now, toying with me and looking forward to see when I finally reach my tipping point. Well, the time has come. What you see above are examples taken from this season only. I could easily find many more if I went further back. You've seen the quality of players I've been bringing in. You can trust me when I say I really tried different tactics and nothing seemed to make any difference. Whether I went with a possession-based approach or a much more direct one, the style of football and the stats showed no change at all. I feel I have no influence at all, regardless of how much I strengthen the team or try to get the best out of every player I have. Again, sorry to disappoint you, but I just can't carry on like this anymore. Maybe I'll try something different in the future, I haven't decided yet.

No matter what though, this thread is over and I'd like to thank everyone who followed it, submitted comments, upvoted my posts and encouraged me to keep going. You're the reason why I kept it going for so long, normally I would have quit or at least moved to a different club much sooner. Thank you guys, you're the best. :applause:

See you soon, I guess.

I enjoyed reading about the save and looked forward to seeing you turn the corner, but I wasn't the one grinding through all those matches. It was a great run nevertheless. Kudos.

It's been veryyyy enjoyable to follow your adventure right from the start. Thanks a lot and congratulations on all what you've achieved with YOUR club!

Can't wait for your next career (on a way better FM I hope) 

:applause::applause::applause:

16 hours ago, wesl said:

I enjoyed reading about the save and looked forward to seeing you turn the corner, but I wasn't the one grinding through all those matches. It was a great run nevertheless. Kudos.

8 hours ago, rodesire said:

It's been a great journey and I'd like to celebrate your achievements 👏👏

4 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Perfectly understandable, and I commend you for sticking with the pain for so long. Looking forward to the next journey!

1 hour ago, Toffle said:

It's been veryyyy enjoyable to follow your adventure right from the start. Thanks a lot and congratulations on all what you've achieved with YOUR club!

Can't wait for your next career (on a way better FM I hope) 

:applause::applause::applause:

Thank you all once again, this is great support. I think a new thread will be up before the end of the week, with training and my studies both suspended I have way too much time on my hands and there's no better way to kill time than to play some FM. Stay tuned!

Completely agree with the rest on this one being a quality journey as I had finally caught up prior to this - and must say, I fully understand your decision, man. Rough ****ing patch - the game FM'd you Ekstraklasa-style.. :(  

Looking forward to the next one @Rikulec