FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @totalfootballfan

I'm back with another weird question

How much is more important, in your thought, an "High Importance Attribute" compared to a "Moderate Importance Attribute", in mathematical term? 3 times?

I've also noticed that in the OP there aren't attributes for AMC, will you add them in a while?

Thank you :)

15 minutes ago, Veertien said:

Hi @totalfootballfan

I'm back with another weird question

How much is more important, in your thought, an "High Importance Attribute" compared to a "Moderate Importance Attribute", in mathematical term? 3 times?

I've also noticed that in the OP there aren't attributes for AMC, will you add them in a while?

Thank you :)

Hi,

AMC should be good at passing/dribbling/moving without the ball, also, he should be reasonable fast and have good Work Rate and Teamwork, his defensive attributes aren't important

If you are interested what any position should do well then I can tell you

13 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

AMC should be good at passing/dribbling/moving without the ball, also, he should be reasonable fast and have good Work Rate and Teamwork, his defensive attributes aren't important

If you are interested what any position should do well then I can tell you

I was asking because I'm keeping an Excel with my players attributes to see a more "general situation" without have to scroll from player to player in game and see where I am most or least covered.
I have a third division team, so attributes are not very high but neither very low.

Thanks, by the way ;)

Executioner V2 doesnt provide a beautiful game and also i lose with my best eleven some easy games. I made my team the best in the game in my savegame and im in the first place of world reputation by far. @Totalfootballfan will you update it again?? I dont want to play with a defensive tactic. With Cerber V1 i smash everyone like 6-0, 5-0, 7-0.

24 minutes ago, Theodoros Yiorkas said:

Executioner V2 doesnt provide a beautiful game and also i lose with my best eleven some easy games. I made my team the best in the game in my savegame and im in the first place of world reputation by far. @Totalfootballfan will you update it again?? I dont want to play with a defensive tactic. With Cerber V1 i smash everyone like 6-0, 5-0, 7-0.

Mate, Executioner V2 do well for me when I want to play attacking, if you like Cerber V1 more and you got better results with it then why don't you just use it? :)

I always test something and it could be I find something else that I find will be decent to share but I can't give any ETA when it happens

@Totalfootballfan
First of all, thank you very much for your nice tactics and contribution through your testing.

My question: For these strategies, have you tried different roles for the striker position (talking about actual position, not individual training)? So for example instead of "AF (Attack)", "PF (Attack)" or "PF(Support)) etc

I am asking because I have not found any such tests anywhere in any thread before, where people test the different Striker roles, especially for tactics that utilise 2 strikers. I only once remember Vujevic in one of his videos mentioned that he has
observed big difference between "CF (support)" and "CF (attack)" with the CF(support) surprisingly scoring more goals than the attack one, but no concrete numbers or thorough testing or any mention for other unpopular ST roles such as Target Man etc.

If you wouldn't mind, could you test that at some point unless you have done so already? It would be really interesting to know. Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, Don_Khan said:

@Totalfootballfan
First of all, thank you very much for your nice tactics and contribution through your testing.

My question: For these strategies, have you tried different roles for the striker position (talking about actual position, not individual training)? So for example instead of "AF (Attack)", "PF (Attack)" or "PF(Support)) etc

I am asking because I have not found any such tests anywhere in any thread before, where people test the different Striker roles, especially for tactics that utilise 2 strikers. I only once remember Vujevic in one of his videos mentioned that he has
observed big difference between "CF (support)" and "CF (attack)" with the CF(support) surprisingly scoring more goals than the attack one, but no concrete numbers or thorough testing or any mention for other unpopular ST roles such as Target Man etc.

If you wouldn't mind, could you test that at some point unless you have done so already? It would be really interesting to know. Thanks in advance.

Hi mate,

I find that It's a wrong approach to say that AF (A) is better PF (A) or CF (S) is better than CF (A)… different roles/duties do different work on the pitch and in my tactics I use AF(A) because I need that the striker or strikers in the tactic do what AF (A) is supposed to do and that's all, for example, in my other tactic - time wasting tactic I've got P(S) because for this tactic I need P(S).

5 minutes ago, wessantiago said:

Tff, any tips for match plans on Football Manager Touch? 

I used Blood Bloodlust V3 away and Executioner V2 home, and i won the Vanarama League North (England)

Hi,

As far as I know you can't set to change the tactic during matches depends on conditions in he match plans so in this case I don't see much use of the match plans

4 minutes ago, kinghenrik said:

Hi TFF

When using Bloodlust V3, as the full backs are inverted, would you say its better to have right foot strong for LB etc?  (As seems to give the position more chance to become "natural"?) 

Hi,

When it comes the IWBs I find it works better when left footed on the left and right footed on the right

Hi TFF,

First time I am writing anything in this blog,

Thanks for sharing absolutely amazing tactics, been following your tactics all the time.

I am struglling with this new tactics you post recently,

Executioner V2 has been awful for me, bloodlust V3 lack of goal scoring.

Punisher V3 used to do just fine but usually I always follow your new updates.

Any idea why they are not working at all? Any update coming soon?

18 minutes ago, Rodas10 said:

Hi TFF,

Thanks for sharing absolutely amazing tactics, been following your tactics all the time.

Your two statements contradict each other lad :

and then:

Also : "not working at all" can you elaborate on that ei , what team you are playing , what season , what results and what is your squad etc?

Edited by magicnut

13 minutes ago, Rodas10 said:

Hi TFF,

Hi mate,

I'm getting good results with the latest tactics and if you aren't getting good result then it could be that you use them in wrongly which means you use Executioner when you need to use Bloodlust and vice versa.

Also, it could be that you overestimate the strength of you team and what result you can get with it in FM20

About new updates... I always test something but there's no guarantee that I'll find something decent so I can't give any ETA  :)

2 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

I'm getting good results with the latest tactics and if you aren't getting good result then it could be that you use them in wrongly which means you use Executioner when you need to use Bloodlust and vice versa.

Also, it could be that you overestimate the strength of you team and what result you can get with it in FM20

About new updates... I always test something but there's no guarantee that I'll find something decent so I can't give any ETA  :)

Can you give detailed instructions as to which situations more appropriate to use executioner over bloodlust and vise versa? 

When I am saying " not working at all " is based on results I am used to have with TFF tactics, as I am saying at the same time Punisher V3 it was just fine for me. 

With Executioner V3 had three games home 0-0 as favourite and lost favorite home for champions league 1-4. 

Last season finished 2nd in the league , won europa league and italian cup with Roma using Punisher V3 

This season so far only won 2 matches when I switch to Punisher V3. 

My team simply doesn't score with the other formations. 

Magicnutt I found your replys very depreciative, no need for that. Thanks

12 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Can you give detailed instructions as to which situations more appropriate to use executioner over bloodlust and vise versa? 

In general:

Executioner is a very attacking which means you put a great pressure on your opponent so you score a lot but also you concede a lot

Bloodlust is a very defensive tactic which means you put a great pressure on your opponent so you score a lot but also you concede a lot

Let's say you play at home vs a much weaker team which means that they highly likely will park "bus" against you so it makes sense to start a match with Executioner tactic and let's say you score at 25 min so it makes sense to switch for Bloodlust

Let's say you play away vs much stronger team which means they will go all attack on you so it makes sense to start with Bloodlust and if after the 1st half you lose then it makes sense to switch for Executioner and if you score then it makes sense to switch back to Bloodlust

19 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Your two statements contradict each other lad :

and then:

Also : "not working at all" can you elaborate on that ei , what team you are playing , what season , what results and what is your squad etc?

Also, because he's tactics been absolutely amazing for years doesn't mean that all of them actually worked but his work is amazing that's what I meant 

16 minutes ago, Rodas10 said:

Also, because he's tactics been absolutely amazing for years doesn't mean that all of them actually worked but his work is amazing that's what I meant 

Mate, it's not appropriate to say about tactics "working" or "not working"

Let's say John uses the tactics with Bournemouth, predicted 15th and he finishes the 7th place and then he think: wow! this tactic is "working"! I was predicted 15th and finished 7th! That's a great result!

Let's say Mike uses the tactics with Bournemouth, predicted 15th and he finishes the 7th place and then he think: damn! this tactic "no working ! I can't win the title ! 

As you can see when you say that some tactic doesn't work for you need to be more specific which means you should say at least: "my team was predicted to finish 10th place and I finished the 5th and I don't happy with such result because I want the 1st place!"

or "my team was predicted to finish 10th and you finished the 12th place below my media prediction" which would be a different story :)

8 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, it's not appropriate to say about tactics "working" or "not working"

Let's say John uses the tactics with Bournemouth, predicted 15th and he finishes the 7th place and then he think: wow! this tactic is "working"! I was predicted 15th and finished 7th! That's a great result!

Let's say Mike uses the tactics with Bournemouth, predicted 15th and he finishes the 7th place and then he think: damn! this tactic "no working ! I can't win the title ! 

As you can see when you say that some tactic doesn't work for you need to be more specific which means you should say at least: "my team was predicted to finish 10th place and I finished the 5th and I don't happy with such result because I want the 1st place!"

or "my team was predicted to finish 10th and you finished the 12th place below my media prediction" which would be a different story :)

That wasn't the case

1 hour ago, Rodas10 said:

Oh alrighty thats what you meant thanks for clarifying lad and cutting to the chase!

Edited by magicnut

4 minutes ago, Rodas10 said:

Relax TFF 

Sorry Magicnutt

I was just confused with the ambiguity and your unwillingness to differentiate between the "work" on the tactics and the actual tactics lad , but now that you clarified , no more question!

And no need to be sorry I understand everythang now and the issue is clarified :) 

Btw can you elaborate what kind of experiece you had with using the actual tactic ie your team , season , squad and the results you had?

Edited by magicnut

14 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

I was just confused with the ambiguity and your unwillingness to differentiate between the "work" on the tactics and the actual tactics lad , but now that you clarified , no more question!

And no need to be sorry I understand everythang now and the issue is clarified :) 

Btw can you elaborate what kind of experiece you had with using the actual tactic ie your team , season , squad and the results you had?

That sounds a different approach.

Been using TFF tactics with Roma first season finish top 4 but with no signings so expectation wasn't  high, manage to finish 2nd place  won europa league and italian cup in the 2nd season. Some good players in the squad as Moise Kean, Belotti, Tonali and bernardeschi. 2nd season I've used Punisher V3 ( can't remember which tactic used in the first season )

3rd season no changes in the squad just bought a few players as backup but the main players all stayed, starting testing this 2 new tactics as I said before Executioner V2 and bloodlust V3 and the results been disappointing. Currently out of champions already in the stage group and 4th position in the league. May give some more time to bloodlust V3 and see what happens. 

15 minutes ago, Rodas10 said:

That sounds a different approach.

Been using TFF tactics with Roma first season finish top 4 but with no signings so expectation wasn't  high, manage to finish 2nd place  won europa league and italian cup in the 2nd season. Some good players in the squad as Moise Kean, Belotti, Tonali and bernardeschi. 2nd season I've used Punisher V3 ( can't remember which tactic used in the first season )

3rd season no changes in the squad just bought a few players as backup but the main players all stayed, starting testing this 2 new tactics as I said before Executioner V2 and bloodlust V3 and the results been disappointing. Currently out of champions already in the stage group and 4th position in the league. May give some more time to bloodlust V3 and see what happens. 

Doesn't sound like the tactic was outright awful after all you did win a few throphees and like tff said the level of overachievement on this engine is VERY limited.

Did you have a  very tough group in cl?

Are your current players suitable for the newest tff tactic?That and some other factors can dictate the level of success you are having but it doesn't sound like anything particularly shocking has happened .

Hello TFF I am after all tactics from FM base I am back to play with yours as always at the end :)

This Is my test with Real Betis first season,started without singings because they have really small budget at the start,now in January I have sold some players and finally managed to sign fews :)

Thing that I liked so much It was the fact that I have dominated in every match even against Barca they didnt dominate,I have used Excutioner at Home and Bloodlust Away games..lost some matches and conceding goals in set pieces,maybe there could be some improvement,maybe but OVERALL its amazing combo and I feel really powerfull with my team in every game!

That is really important for me even if I lose match that I had chance to win it!At home using Excutioner I have crashed everybody until now except Barca i got drow,they scored from penalty and one set pieces from deep...I should won even that...

Regarding roles finally AMC works amazing lot of assist comes from there...Striker scorinG A LOT only position that I wasnt happy was the BBM he got often low rating...

Will see at the end of the season with some new players will see how will go...but I must say brilliant work TFF like always!

Thank for you contribution it helps a lot

Cheers

Football Manager 2020 16.02.2020. 19_08_43.png

Football Manager 2020 16.02.2020. 19_09_32.png

Football Manager 2020 16.02.2020. 19_10_01.png

Football Manager 2020 16.02.2020. 19_10_20.png

Football Manager 2020 16.02.2020. 19_10_35.png

Football Manager 2020 16.02.2020. 19_10_54.png

Football Manager 2020 16.02.2020. 19_11_14.png

Football Manager 2020 16.02.2020. 19_11_51.png

Football Manager 2020 16.02.2020. 19_12_00.png

Football Manager 2020 16.02.2020. 19_12_50.png

Football Manager 2020 16.02.2020. 19_13_10.png

Football Manager 2020 16.02.2020. 19_13_25.png

Football Manager 2020 16.02.2020. 19_13_40.png

1 minute ago, magicnutt said:

Doesn't sound like the tactic was outright awful after all you did win a few throphees and like tff said the level of overachievement on this engine is VERY limited.

Did you have a  very tough group in cl?

Are your current players suitable for the newest tff tactic?That and some other factors can dictate the level of success you are having but it doesn't sound like anything particularly shocking has happened .

I only meant like TFF updated this new tactics so the expectation was better results not the other way around and that's all I meant. 

Honestly I think my team better suits this 451 rather than 442 but just not performing well. I did very good results on 2nd season that's why I was just a bit disappointed. 

The group wasn't so good I lost again wolfsburg 2x using bloodlust. 

I'll be waiting for some updates from TFF in the meantime using bloodlust as looks more solid as Executioner V2 for me as been absolutely awful. 

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Rodas10 said:

I only meant like TFF updated this new tactics so the expectation was better results not the other way around and that's all I meant. 

Honestly I think my team better suits this 451 rather than 442 but just not performing well. I did very good results on 2nd season that's why I was just a bit disappointed. 

The group wasn't so good I lost again wolfsburg 2x using bloodlust. 

I'll be waiting for some updates from TFF in the meantime using bloodlust as looks more solid as Executioner V2 for me as been absolutely awful. 

Thanks

Mate, at the moment I'm testing some approaches that look promising but I'll finish the testing only tomorrow so if it outscores the current approach then I'll update the current tactics and if it doesn't outscore then I'll let you know

You can expect any news only tomorrow

2 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

In general:

Executioner is a very attacking which means you put a great pressure on your opponent so you score a lot but also you concede a lot

Bloodlust is a very defensive tactic which means you put a great pressure on your opponent so you score a lot but also you concede a lot

Let's say you play at home vs a much weaker team which means that they highly likely will park "bus" against you so it makes sense to start a match with Executioner tactic and let's say you score at 25 min so it makes sense to switch for Bloodlust

Let's say you play away vs much stronger team which means they will go all attack on you so it makes sense to start with Bloodlust and if after the 1st half you lose then it makes sense to switch for Executioner and if you score then it makes sense to switch back to Bloodlust

This VERY valuable instruction should probably be included in the first page of the post as it can be instrumental helping people achieve better results!

11 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, at the moment I'm testing some approaches that look promising but I'll finish the testing only tomorrow so if it outscores the current approach then I'll update the current tactics and if it doesn't outscore then I'll let you know

You can expect any news only tomorrow

That's all I want to hear!! 

keep up the good work

16 minutes ago, sifinnigan1 said:

Hi,

Sorry, all of this is new to me and it's very confusing. How do I add the filters onto the game and which tactics are now the correct ones to be using right now?

Hi mate,

You need create "filters" folder in the same folder where "tactics", "skins" ect folders, then you put the filters into the filters folders and you can import them in the game

I find Bloodlust / Executioner is the best combo at the moment

7 minutes ago, delaneytomlinson said:

@Totalfootballfan

Raptor V4 is still good on the latest update you should put the tactic back on OP. I Just won the league and broke some records, 32 league wins and 99 points, and I also won the Champions League vs Man City 4-0 who previously won it twice in a row, this was my third season.

Can you upload raptor  v4?

47 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

You need create "filters" folder in the same folder where "tactics", "skins" ect folders, then you put the filters into the filters folders and you can import them in the game

I find Bloodlust / Executioner is the best combo at the moment

Thanks for getting back to me TFF, really appreciate it.