How important are Staff?

As the title say.. How important you think staff is? and how would you rank them in order of importance?

I managed to get a super assistant coach with great attributes and still I find his advice not good to follow. I find better players my own by using the player search feature that what my assistant coaches recommend. I never pay too much attention in data from analysts asI dont change my tactics match to match. Only thing I would consider important is physios and doctors if that reduce the frequency of injuries but I am not convinced it does, have not seen a difference.

What am I missing? is staff just there for "immersion"? Whats your opinion?

Staff advice has always been questionable, so I would take this aspect only as a suggestion and make up your own mind.  Good coaches will definitely affect training and improvement so that is an area not to neglect.  At least 1 or 2 top rated scouts will usually reap some reward and having good medical staff appears to help.

Also your assumption about physios and doctors isn't quite right - they don't reduce the frequency of injuries at all. They might reduce the time out injured and give more accurate reports but I think that's pretty much all.

8 minutes ago, wattzy said:

Also your assumption about physios and doctors isn't quite right - they don't reduce the frequency of injuries at all. They might reduce the time out injured and give more accurate reports but I think that's pretty much all.

That makes sense though doesnt it?  Why would a top physio or doctor prevent injuries?  They are there to heal the ones that do happen. 

I am sure it is Sports Scientists and reading the reports about injury risk that help avoid injuries more than anything. 

Over training may cause injuries

Some players are more susceptible to injuries

Players on hard tackling may get more injuries

Players put back in action too earlier may regress, get a new injury

Look at training reports

On 13/06/2019 at 07:25, wattzy said:

Actually, they can help reduce the frequency of injuries. Recovery sessions and sports science expertise in your club will positively fortify players' bodies against potential injuries from manifesting. 

On 12/06/2019 at 05:58, Ampalaea4 said:

As the title say.. How important you think staff is? and how would you rank them in order of importance?

I managed to get a super assistant coach with great attributes and still I find his advice not good to follow. I find better players my own by using the player search feature that what my assistant coaches recommend. I never pay too much attention in data from analysts asI dont change my tactics match to match. Only thing I would consider important is physios and doctors if that reduce the frequency of injuries but I am not convinced it does, have not seen a difference.

What am I missing? is staff just there for "immersion"? Whats your opinion?

I believe staff to be nearly as important as players as a whole.

I first focus on getting a good ass coach with good tactical, player knowledge, man management, and motivational skills.

I then seek to hire coaches with high rating in some expertise (e.g., high defense, or high attack, or high technical, combined with high discipline or determination).

I also seek to hire a couple of good scouts, as the basis of a search network that will bring me more player options automatically.

I also hire one or two physios and 1 data scientist, to enable Recovery sessions and next opponent intel.

However, I take any advice from staff with a grain of salt. They often give bad, very bad advice...

13 horas atrás, phd_angel disse:

I believe staff to be nearly as important as players as a whole.

I first focus on getting a good ass coach with good tactical, player knowledge, man management, and motivational skills.

I then seek to hire coaches with high rating in some expertise (e.g., high defense, or high attack, or high technical, combined with high discipline or determination).

I also seek to hire a couple of good scouts, as the basis of a search network that will bring me more player options automatically.

I also hire one or two physios and 1 data scientist, to enable Recovery sessions and next opponent intel.

However, I take any advice from staff with a grain of salt. They often give bad, very bad advice...

At the beggining of each save (or of being hired by a new club) I dedicate a substancial amount of time to replace all* the existing staff with my own choices, all the coaches, scouts, physios, sport scientists, analysts; in all squads as well, meaning I'll hire different profiles to the main squad and youth squads. It's actually a part I enjoy a lot, micromanaging it all.

*ofcourse I'll keep people who are better than anyone I could hire... depends on the club as well.

• 1 month later...

Ican't really tell, but here is something that happened to me.

Before getting into it, I have no proof it was actually the reason. It might be completely something else.

So with Braga, I had a good season. Everything went well. A club approach my assistant, he left.  I couldn't find anybody decent, so I took a young assistant with potential, to see if staff develops. I had a bad season. No apparent reason. We struggled a lot. I didn't change much, I should have been way better. End of season, I decide to get a real assistant. Without manyn changes, again, I win the league.

Might be completely unrelated, but I think it mattered somehow.

Archived