[FM19] Youth Tournaments

In real-life, almost every club in the world have a youth team, often several. Yet in FM, imo, youth teams are useless until the very top levels of major nations. Youth leagues also mean very little.

These tournaments aim to fix that by giving you a reason to have a youth team, and the motivation to win a youth league. It also adds more realism, and more managing. 

For example, do you - 
use your prospects as subs for a senior game, or make sure they're rested for the IberCup?
take over training and tactics for the last few games of a youth league to ensure a title win and qualification for the prestigous MIC, or focus on just the senior team?
keep youth at your club, as is so often recommended, or do you now loan them to a Premier League side that you know is in the IberCup AND MIC?
ask the board for additional coaches, or save up and spend the money on youth facilities to make sure your youth become eligible for the Norway Cup?

A new world awaits. Take a look at 3 new youth tournaments!

971gup.jpg

1yvg20.jpg

2nh42t1.jpg

DOWNLOAD: 

IberCup Original Version - Ibercup - Original.fmf

IberCup Alternate Version 1 -  Ibercup - Netherlands replaces Japan.fmf 

IberCup Alternate Version 2 -  Ibercup - Netherlands + Canada, replaces Japan + Australia .fmf

Mediterranean International Cup - MIC.fmf

Norway Cup - Norway Cup.fmf

They are all real youth tournaments.

Norway Cup: https://norwaycup.no/en/        MIC: https://www.micfootball.com/en/       Ibercup: https://www.ibercup.com/

1. Place the "editor data" folder in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019.

2. Start a new save. When selecting the database(before Advanced Setup), be sure to select the checkboxes to enable the files.

For those that know how to apply logos and trophies to competitions, here they are for all 3: Youth Tournament Logos and Trophies.zip

Tested for 10 seasons with 80 other data files.

*BIG thanks to all those competition creators before me that provided a template to follow, as well as special thanks to kleyo for his kindness and help*

3 Youth Tournaments.zip

Edited by majesticeternity

On 19/02/2019 at 23:28, MrGizMo said:

Dutch teams only go in the Norway cup?

Good catch. It was hard to keep track of each nation for all. See the original post for an Ibercup version that Netherlands plays in also.

15 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

What about possible Canada?

They don't really have much real-life participation in these cups, from what I found. But see the original post for an Ibercup version that Canada plays in. The file is untested, shouldn't be any issues, but nevertheless I'd recommend a quick test save to make sure, as Canada has no youth setup in FM.

Edited by majesticeternity

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2019 at 15:52, majesticeternity said:

Good catch. It was hard to keep track of each nation for all. See the original post for an Ibercup version that Netherlands plays in also.

They don't really have much real-life participation in these cups, from what I found. But see the original post for an Ibercup version that Canada plays in. The file is untested, shouldn't be any issues, but nevertheless I'd recommend a quick test save to make sure, as Canada has no youth setup in FM.

I am using a Canada save.. I’ll give the tournament a try

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...